<News>Confusion, frayed tempers at coffee shops, hawker centres, malls on 1st day of entry curbs for unvaccinated patrons

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why ...... actually pre covid i mostly did dabao and took my meals at the hawker ctr as well, unless if i want to drink the soup or what.
Soup also can dabao lar... I have not dine in for so long liao...

makann

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You think only unvax will get covid and stay in hospital?
and you think everybody can get vaxxed? some experience issues after the first jab then cannot take the second jab, some have existing medical condition,s and cannot take jab.

DONT BLINDLY FOLLOW AND BLAME EVEYTHING ON UNVAX, it is just an excuse to direct the public attention away from the incompetency of the curreny MTF.

Remember we were doing fine after ** last year until April this year when they import delta onto our shore which they could no longer control other than pushing everybody to vax.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nothing is free. If you want them to do checks, pay them checker salaries.
Even if specific checker roles assigned, it doesn't take away the problem of snaking queues due to the checking being manual and slow and the problem of many seniors not having tt app installed in their phones.

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually hawker best person to check. If person order eat in, just show vaxx status. Alternative is use sticker system by sda like hospital.
No wonder you so gullible, one vaccinated can only for another unvaccinater companion right? Even if implemented cannot order two sets per person, the same vacinnated pax can always make 2 trips to same stall or at most order another set from another stall.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Soup also can dabao lar... I have not dine in for so long liao...
I mean dabao but you'd be sitting there at the table for your meals, using the disposable containers/utensils.
Of coz if they dapao in PP container then yea, just pay for the container.

Main thing is that i do not wanna use some hawker ctr or rather stores' plates/utensils, coz i know some stores wash the plates themselves and anyhow one. But i still wanna have my meals at the hawker ctr.

Jazzwraper

Master Member
Reaction score
Again, such rules are created before careful tots. So now if got an uncle want to go Hawker Centre and he not fully vax, the Checker at the hawker centre don't let him go in. Then uncle say "i go in to taobao leh", not to eat there. Then Checker have to let him in right? Hawker Centre so big, then uncle go in eat there checker got time go ard play catching with him meh?

Worse is some foreign south Asian go in say wanna tabao but then eat there instead. Ww to recognize who is who if 1 day got so many of them go in and out ...

haha ...

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Again, such rules are created before careful tots. So now if got an uncle want to go Hawker Centre and he not fully vax, the Checker at the hawker centre don't let him go in. Then uncle say "i go in to taobao leh", not to eat there. Then Checker have to let him in right? Hawker Centre so big, then uncle go in eat there checker got time go ard play catching with him meh?

Worse is some foreign south Asian go in say wanna tabao but then eat there instead. Ww to recognize who is who if 1 day got so many of them go in and out ...

haha ...
Exactly....i have been doing that pre-covid times....just personal preference. Either that or vaccinated pax can purchase for unvax colleague/friend. The hawker checking can still be circumvented.

So definitely NEA or whichever agency need to come out with the extra manpower or checking for this to really work.

BoosterJab

Banned
Reaction score
Confusion reigned over the verification procedures at Chong Pang Food Centre in Yishun.

When TODAY went there at around noon, the person manning the SafeEntry check-in booth at the entrance appeared visibly flustered and stressed.
Someone need to tell this manning person what is a red herring so that he will not be flustered and stressed.

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
I am saying not everybody can get vaxxed. Your intelligence too low to understand my simple english? Illiterate spotted.
You want to nitpick the tiny percentage who can't get vaxxed?
These are not the ones kpkb at kopitiam lah.
The illogical wants to accuse others of being 'illiterate'. What a joke.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.