I attended the interview sometime in mid july. Hope i can get some answers here.
1) was told that it will take 4-6 weeks post interview to know the outcome. I have read through multiple entries in this forum and from what i understand, people who are rejected get to know the outcome first. Does this mean that people who are successful will only get to know it a bit later?
2) what is the current demand for teachers in MOE? Are JC and Sec school teachers more needed given the fact that pri schools are merging soon? Does that mean that people who have applied for primary schools will have a lower chance of getting in for the upcoming window period?
3) what exactly is MOE looking at in the hiring process? I have heard of people with first class honors and masters getting rejected eventhough they seem to think they had hardly put a foot wrong during the interview. Is the performance shown during interview > class of honors. Does class of honors even matter at all?
4) can anyone tell me the training involved in the allied educator (behavioural) program? Is it also very hard to get in?
I can answer your first 3 questions based on what I experienced/know.
1) I applied for the Feb window, had interview in early March, but was only rejected in early May. So that's about 8-9 weeks for them to reject me. I saw people from my faculty who passed the interview received the shortlisted email within 4-5 weeks. But there are people who are rejected within 4-5 weeks also. So it depends.
2) I feel that MOE is cutting down on hiring teachers. JCs and Secondary schools are merging too, just like the Primary schools.
3) I have being rejected for their scholarship, internship and now PGDE too, so I don't know what they are looking out for. Yes, I have seen friends with first class honours getting rejected. I think it depends on the subjects you choose and the number of vacancy available in that window too.