NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

r0bbie

Reaction score
I applied 1st choice sec music, 2nd choice pri music. A little disappointed that they gave me pri music.

I have a post grad degree(music) with good academic track record and have had experience teaching in university and contract assignments.

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
Hi all, new user here!! Really appreciate each one of you sharing ur experiences.
I just graduated from Poly and have applied for DipEd On 26 Jan. Status is submitted and no calls yet! Anyone received calls alr?

minimonkey

Reaction score
Hi all, I have gotten my first teaching subject to be English (Pri) and second teaching subject to be Mathematics (Pri). I received an email stating that:
‘If you have been shortlisted to teach English Language (Pri), you may choose to present on either the first or second teaching subject.’
Does it mean that I get a choice to choose which subject to present on? And since they didn’t state which specific primary school level to present on, it’ll my choice too?

nooz17

Reaction score
Hi all, I have gotten my first teaching subject to be English (Pri) and second teaching subject to be Mathematics (Pri). I received an email stating that:
‘If you have been shortlisted to teach English Language (Pri), you may choose to present on either the first or second teaching subject.’
Does it mean that I get a choice to choose which subject to present on? And since they didn’t state which specific primary school level to present on, it’ll my choice too?

i dont have experience with the choice of subject to present on, but from what you've quoted, it does sound like that! but you can definitely choose which level to present on. just be sure you know how to justify why you chose that level and why your teaching method is suitable for that level.

nooz17

Reaction score
I applied 1st choice sec music, 2nd choice pri music. A little disappointed that they gave me pri music.

I have a post grad degree(music) with good academic track record and have had experience teaching in university and contract assignments.

if you get through to the signing, you can appeal. though, from what i was told, it is likely you wont get your appeal due to moe's specific allocation of manpower needs. but no harm trying!

nooz17

Reaction score
Made an account just so I could follow this thread. I applied on jan/feb 2019 and received an sms last week informing me that I will be receiving a call the next day about my interview.

And true enough they called me and gave me details about my interview date and what to expect. They also mentioned that I should be receiving an email from them containing more info about the interview. I have yet to receive this email.

i got the email a good one week later so dont freak out yet, though the waiting is intense!

poppyave

Reaction score
Made an account just so I could follow this thread. I applied on jan/feb 2019 and received an sms last week informing me that I will be receiving a call the next day about my interview.

And true enough they called me and gave me details about my interview date and what to expect. They also mentioned that I should be receiving an email from them containing more info about the interview. I have yet to receive this email.

hey!! when i attended my interview it was slated to be on a Monday. i only received the email the Friday right before the interview date.. so fret not. if you're worried then you can drop them an email!

hzx_esther

Reaction score
Hihi,

Is there anyone who applied for BA/BSc (Education) received any calls from MOE's end yet?

Thank youuuuu

poodleparade

Reaction score
Thanks nooz17 and poppyave!

It's just since I applied for art, I wasn't sure if the portfolio that I'm required to bring requires any special instructions like draw a certain subject in a certain medium or something. I'll just churn out more artworks and try to beef up my portfolio while waiting for the instructional email.:D

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Hi,
In the 2nd email on interview details, they requested for cpf stts for all my working years which I wld need to pay cpf to get some of them. Is it OK if I omit some years and supply them later if I get shortlisted? Just dun want to waste $$ :p.. Just wish to know if it will delay the pgde processing? Thks!

babylon76

Reaction score
Hi, been a long time since I posted … had to reset my password lol but hoping to share some information with the folks who have applied

Anyway, I applied in late Jan 2019, got an email (no call) in mid Feb, to attend an interview on 6 March for Sec school (Accounts)

I'm mid career. Applied previously as a fresh grad but rejected the offer. So those interested applicants who are either mid career or for whatever reason gave up a previous offer, there's hope..!

Short written essay (no right or wrong answer - ethics question which most people should finish in 10 minutes), 5 minutes presentation and short 20 minutes interview. Depending on the number of candidates, you should be done within 75 minutes including waiting.

There were some information on when you can expect a response of possible appointment (mid May I think?), with the teaching stint to begin either on 24 June or 15 July. Unfortunately, I did not take down the exact dates. They were in the stack of paper together with the essay topic.

So now will be waiting for hopefully some good news .. ! Good luck to all of you !!

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Hi,
In the 2nd email on interview details, they requested for cpf stts for all my working years which I wld need to pay cpf to get some of them. Is it OK if I omit some years and supply them later if I get shortlisted? Just dun want to waste $$ :p.. Just wish to know if it will delay the pgde processing? Thks!

Save paper VS. save the the time for them to process your paperwork. Each time they find something missing, HR will KIV your paperwork and call you for it, prolonging the entire process for you. There are more applicants than you think so it is definitely unwise to omit them out. The delay is not worth it.

Also, why do you need to pay to get your cpf statementa printed out? Why not screenshot them or print directly from your account?

Last edited:

poppyave

Reaction score
Thanks nooz17 and poppyave!

It's just since I applied for art, I wasn't sure if the portfolio that I'm required to bring requires any special instructions like draw a certain subject in a certain medium or something. I'll just churn out more artworks and try to beef up my portfolio while waiting for the instructional email.:D

doubt they'll be that specific wrt what's required of your portfolio.. but never hurts to add more stuff in! haha

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Save paper VS. save the the time for them to process your paperwork. Each time they find something missing, HR will KIV your paperwork and call you for it, prolonging the entire process for you. There are more applicants than you think so it is definitely unwise to omit them out. The delay is not worth it.

Also, why do you need to pay to get your cpf statementa printed out? Why not screenshot them or print directly from your account?
Hi Origamimosa,
Thks so much for the advice! You see, I am in my 40s, so my career years went all the way beyond 2009 which are not available online and cpf charges a fee for every year of retrieval😅 for those exceeding 10 years from now...I hv quite a couple of them missing, guess I hv to consider forking out $$ to save the delay later on..

poodleparade

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone got notified for interview under PGDE application yet?

I was notified. I'm from the pgde side of the application. Maybe they are still processing the rest of the applicants? Like the saying goes, no news is good news.

Also, isn't the interview process till April? So there is still a chance you could be called up!

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.