NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

nicotineeee

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been following this thread quite closely..
I applied for Pri Eng & Math in February and did my medical on 10 May. Also did not receive any possible letter of offer email yet, but received an email on 29 May asking for additional documents..Anyone here facing the same situation?:/

Beezeeyes

Reaction score
I applied for Pri Eng & Math in February and did my medical on 10 May. Also did not receive any possible letter of offer email yet, but received an email on 29 May asking for additional documents..Anyone here facing the same situation?:/
Me! Received a call and email to supply them with documents that I did not submit fully the previous time.

student1995

Reaction score

Hey me too but I wasn’t asked to go for medical. Was asked to submit letters of employment from my previous jobs for salary computation. Also told me that my earliest start date would be Dec 2019. But I am currently bonded to another job for 1 year so that ends in June 2020, does anyone know if they will let me commence later instead, to join the June 2020 Batch. Am kinda worried about this now, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. :))

jacktheline

Reaction score
Me three! Actually, they did ask me to submit my cpf documents on the 24th May 2019 and I am praying hard that we will receive some good news soon.

JSMHONG96

Reaction score

I didn’t receive the possible letter of offer too. But received a call on 27th May for clarification on my medical. I guess they are processing the applications already then.

#Huilin

Reaction score
Any Pri Eng&Math got the appt letter already? My medical was done on 13 May.

I'm doing Pri Eng&Math and just received the offer letter this morning, 6 june briefing. There's a chance they are still processing the offers

happydaily

Reaction score
I'm doing Pri Eng&Math and just received the offer letter this morning, 6 june briefing. There's a chance they are still processing the offers

Congratulations!! May I know when did you complete your medical?

nicotineeee

Reaction score
I guess a few of us are in the same situation now! Let’s keep our hopes high and not give up! The offer letter might come next week:)

icetea2

Reaction score

Me four. I received call & email ask me to submit CPF documents by 2 Jun. no offer letter yet.

jungah

Reaction score
Hello! Does anyone know what criteria are used to shortlist applicants for PGDE? Do they mainly just look at GPA? Would 3.8/5 be a decent enough GPA to have a chance at being shortlisted for the interview (PGDE Sec)?

Last edited:

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
Hello! Does anyone know what criteria are used to shortlist applicants for PGDE? Do they mainly just look at GPA? Would 3.8/5 be a decent enough GPA to have a chance at being shortlisted for the interview (PGDE Sec)?

3.8/5 is actually good. I know people who scored lower and made it thru. As long you're from local uni and abv 3.5, you stand a chance. You should give it a shot!! What subjects you intending to teach?

chocoangel

Reaction score
Requirement to get into pdge after degree

Does anyone know what is the minimum requirement to get into pdge after getting a degree? Do they sill see O'Level results?

jungah

Reaction score
3.8/5 is actually good. I know people who scored lower and made it thru. As long you're from local uni and abv 3.5, you stand a chance. You should give it a shot!! What subjects you intending to teach?
Thanks for the reply! I am from NBS and hence am interested in applying for PoA and math. Since PoA is not a subject that is taken by many people, would that affect the chances of getting in since not many teachers are needed? Likewise for math, is it true that the supply for math teachers are too high and there is not much of a demand for new teachers?

Last edited:

chocoangel

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I am from NBS and hence am interested in applying for PoA and math. Since PoA is not a subject that is taken by many people, would that affect the chances of getting in since not many teachers are needed? Likewise for math, is it true that the supply for math teachers are too high and there is not much of a demand for new teachers?

are you a graduating student?

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score

Tbh, most POA teachers out there are those who are mid career change who have experience in the accounting industry. As for maths, there's definitely an over supply. But you should definitely give it a try as you may nvr know,they might need POA teachers for that year.
Your qualifications are there. Just the supply and demand part haha. All the best!

AteLikeQuina

Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone received offer letter this week so far? Or has there been any pdge art applicant who received letter as well? Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.