NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

badchoices

Reaction score
Wish you all the best too. If you have made it this far, just do your best and you'll be fine!

Wow you are perhaps the first person in this batch to recieve the medical call up. Hope ours will arrive soon too.

Has anybody else recieved theirs too?

All the best to you!

JSMHONG96

Reaction score
It’s not that i’m not serious but rather i’m Very nervous. This would be my first formal observation and my school is not supplying any information.

I’m doing my first formal observation too. I have spoken to a lot of the teachers in my school for their advice. As a untrained teacher, you’ll not be judged based on your content knowledge (although you must at least get the basics). You’ll be observed on how you manage the class and whether you have rapport with the students.

What type of information are you looking for? I’m sure if you need someone to help you look through your lesson plan and your content for the class, you can approach the other teachers in your school and your reporting officer/HOD. They should be able to help you.

Don’t be too nervous. You’ve already got this far, you can do it!

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
To anyone here doing your untrained stint now, hang in there! I believe we are all in the midst of having our observation soon. All the best!

alcarmaze

Reaction score
Aug PGDE Applicant

Hey guys. Just dropping a message to intro myself.
I applie for the recently closed application window dated august 2019.
Anyone else in here applied during that window?

By the way, to the rest, how strictly does MOE follow to the stipulated date in the auto generated application confirmation email with regards to getting back to applicant on whether or not they have been selected for an interview?

The august 2019 window stated by 1st October (or else consider your application unsuccessful).

Rabbit^

Reaction score
Hi! I applied for the recent aug2019. Anyone received any news yet? Is it true that MOE will blacklist anyone who rejected them before? When I was still in Uni final year, I applied for NIE and got an offer, but I rejected. From then on, all my applications are unsuccessful. Now is applying for mid-career switch.

surferpunk

Reaction score
Hey there! What you shared was really insightful! I agree that personality fit is important too! So how would u describe ur wife's personality vs yrs, which makes her a better fit?

Thanks!

For her, her inter-personal skills make her very likeable, has a cheery personality. She likes thing done her way, but she makes sure that everyone is okay with it before pushing it through. And importantly, she has the confidence to push things through. Outside of work, she can finally break down or have the feeling of being overwhelmed but she can still tank it through while at work. While slowly trying to make situations better in school.

For me, I'm quite shy by nature and I don't mind eating alone during breaks. My social skills are not that good and people who like me, need to know more about me before finally knowing the real me. Otherwise, people's general first impression of me is opposite of my wife. And first impression MATTERS and it will stick with you for a few years before people get to know the real you, and importantly, the principal.

For example, the P may just reprimand her nicely because the P likes her, but if the P doesn't like me, I will get the full hell treatment. And she doesn't even bootlick to the principal! that's just how people around her enjoy her personality. How others perceived you in school is very important. And for probably the same reason why there are many teachers who kept changing schools, some even 4th or 5th time. Or extend their maternity leave just to change school.

You may not have the natural personality that's required, but you can at least work towards it. It may be tough, but hopefully, it will be easier down the road.

onestraightarc

Reaction score
Hello! Just an update -

Had my interview on 16 July. Received 'In Process' Email on 2 Sept.
Got shortlisted on 5 Sept :)

onestraightarc

Reaction score
Did you receive an email to state that you are shortlisted? Or do you mean your status changed to shortlisted on the website?
The status on the website indicated 'Shortlisted'!

Earlier today, I was contacted via email to send some documents.

Not sure if the status change was before or after the request of documents

badchoices

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Could anyone be kind enough to help me with some of my queries?

1) What are the few possible starting dates or months for the untrained teaching stint? I am aware of two months: Dec and Feb.. are there more than these two though? Not sure if these 2 months are even correct lol.

2) Which months are the the appointment briefing usually held on every year?

3) How do teachers plan their overseas vacation? I have heard that there are some sch holidays when they have to go back to work. How do the teachers know which holiday period they will be req to go back to school? Are the teachers informed about this in advance at the start of every school year?

Can pm me too if yall prefer that! :) thankyew in advance!

nooz17

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Could anyone be kind enough to help me with some of my queries?

1) What are the few possible starting dates or months for the untrained teaching stint? I am aware of two months: Dec and Feb.. are there more than these two though? Not sure if these 2 months are even correct lol.

2) Which months are the the appointment briefing usually held on every year?

3) How do teachers plan their overseas vacation? I have heard that there are some sch holidays when they have to go back to work. How do the teachers know which holiday period they will be req to go back to school? Are the teachers informed about this in advance at the start of every school year?

Can pm me too if yall prefer that! :) thankyew in advance!

afaik:

1) there are start dates for untrained teaching stunts in dec, jan, jun, jul - these are for the cohort starting in the following dec.
2) the appt briefings are held throughout the year in batches. i started in jun, but my appt briefing was in feb. i know of people who had their appt briefing in may for the jun cohort.
3) teachers have something known as protected time. it's a solid few days/weeks (depending on mar/sep or jun/dec holiday period respectively) that your school will put aside so that you cannot be called back for any duty of sorts. only during this time you can go on holiday. any other time outside of this protected time needs to be approved by your ro/hod/sl (pilgrimage leave, for eg). before buying tickets in mar for the dec hols for eg, please confirm with your ro/hod/sl on the protected time for the period you intend to travel.

badchoices

Reaction score
afaik:

1) there are start dates for untrained teaching stunts in dec, jan, jun, jul - these are for the cohort starting in the following dec.
2) the appt briefings are held throughout the year in batches. i started in jun, but my appt briefing was in feb. i know of people who had their appt briefing in may for the jun cohort.
3) teachers have something known as protected time. it's a solid few days/weeks (depending on mar/sep or jun/dec holiday period respectively) that your school will put aside so that you cannot be called back for any duty of sorts. only during this time you can go on holiday. any other time outside of this protected time needs to be approved by your ro/hod/sl (pilgrimage leave, for eg). before buying tickets in mar for the dec hols for eg, please confirm with your ro/hod/sl on the protected time for the period you intend to travel.

I see.. that’s really helpful info. Thanks for replying! :) All the best for your untrained teaching stint!

rosemance

Reaction score
Hi! I applied for the recent aug2019. Anyone received any news yet? Is it true that MOE will blacklist anyone who rejected them before? When I was still in Uni final year, I applied for NIE and got an offer, but I rejected. From then on, all my applications are unsuccessful. Now is applying for mid-career switch.

Hi ! Yes, I am also wondering about the same thing as you :-(
I got an offer last Dec after applying back in June 2018 but as the offer came too late, I couldn't take up at that point of time and wrote an email to them requesting to join the next batch but to no avail; was told to reapply the next time in competition with other applicants. I recently just applied in the Aug window and am also wondering if the "blacklist" rumours are true... I applied not exactly as a fresh grad or mid career ( in between ) .

Jacoblkh22

Reaction score
Hi, requesting some information to assist in applying for NIE next year. Let me know what you guys know on any of this questions, and if its better I clarify and find out more with MOE personally.

1. Does being a Early childhood teacher classify as Trained Teachers as per MOE?

2. An ECDA Scholar With Diploma in Early Childhood Studies and Education from TP with around 3.0 GPA is it possible to apply direct 2nd year for NIE? Does having 3 year experience teaching in preschool help in any way? 2 years of K2, 1 year with K1.

3. I have heard that you will be paid what was offered to you 24 months into NIE. Then 24 months unpaid. What is the latest arrangement if this is outdated, I have heard of being paid all the way till final year not paid, therefore would like to have a clear idea as to plan finances. Is it an amount lesser than you will be paid after you graduate and start teaching officially or is it the same?

4. Understand I am to apply admission with NIE as well as MOE right? Or I only need to apply through MOE and they will apply NIE for you? As for the part I read online and MOE on applying for the job in Career portal, what am I looking at? Whats the name of the job opening I'm supposed to apply. And when does it usually open up? If I'm thinking of enrolling next year's batch, what month am I looking at to apply MOE or NIE? I am confused by the process. Feb for NIE and when for MOE? MOE website did show something like apply through MOE and they will enrol for you. But NIE shows to apply NIE and submit application to MOE at the same time so I am confused.

Thank you all in advance for your help and information! Can't wait to hear from any of you!

whyiareyeeand

Reaction score
Hello there, I am a fellow applicant in this window and I was in the same state as you. I hope I didn't cause any unpleasantness in HR and was wondering if any of yall in this window has heard back? My status in careers@Gov is still submitted instead of processing

Anishar

Reaction score
Hello there, I am a fellow applicant in this window and I was in the same state as you. I hope I didn't cause any unpleasantness in HR and was wondering if any of yall in this window has heard back? My status in careers@Gov is still submitted instead of processing
Not yet...awaiting!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.