NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

nugunugget

Reaction score
Hello! Just wanted to ask if anybody applied for the Mid-Term Teaching Award! I’ve just gone for the interview, and have a psychometric test scheduled for next week.

My friends who took it previously only had to do the personality portion, but it seems that I will be doing the whole test, according to the email they sent. Anybody have the same experience? Please do share ):

Last edited:

Teacherwip

Reaction score
Hi there! Did anyone who had their interview in Sept receive any update other than EPT availability? 😨

nooz17

Reaction score
Anyway, for anyone starting or is doing the stint, a word of caution.
There can be teachers who will try to push the blame on you, or try to put you down because you are untrained. Personally experienced this as my RO sabotaged me. I have to stay in my school another year before intake to NIE because of my RO and the sabotages done toward me.

Whatever you do, be careful.

damn, that's rough. take care man.

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
Because one of my friends also didn't manage to pass the contract teaching, and he left.

Maybe he found it unsuitable for him? For me I’m still very passionate in teaching but it’s the other teachers that are killing it for me. Just need to endure for another year and hopefully I will pass into NIE next year

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Maybe he found it unsuitable for him? For me I’m still very passionate in teaching but it’s the other teachers that are killing it for me. Just need to endure for another year and hopefully I will pass into NIE next year

He don't want to wait. I also do know someone who cleared the contract teaching but didn't want to resume to go NIE because she feels it is not suitable for her.

Will you be doing it in the same school?

Last edited:

Betomut

Reaction score

Can i ask if there is any penalty fee if u decide to leave After completing the teaching stint?

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Can i ask if there is any penalty fee if u decide to leave After completing the teaching stint?

I don't think so, because it is like a probation try out for you. But once you accept the offer to go in NIE it will be bonded.

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
He don't want to wait. I also do know someone who cleared the contract teaching but didn't want to resume to go NIE because she feels it is not suitable for her.

Will you be doing it in the same school?

Yes same school. Hopefully can pass this time

90boat

Reaction score
Hello. For those who have done / are doing your untrained contract stint, may I know if you’re given the full teaching load, same as other teachers in the school? Will you be given a form class and co curricular responsibilities as well? Thanks.

I just completed the teaching stint and have gotten the offer to go nie. Like what the others said, you'll get to leave sch once sch ends( can be 2 or 2.30 depending on your sch). There is normally 1 day of cca and 1 day of meeting after school. So I get to go back early 3 times a week.

I am giving the full teaching load plus cca. But I am not given any committee work. Teaching load is totally fine. In fact I rather teach then stay in office doing nothing. Time pass much faster. For salary wise, the salary is posted on their moe website. But additional sums will be given for males who have served ns and for working experience.

kevinwallace

Reaction score
I just completed the teaching stint and have gotten the offer to go nie. Like what the others said, you'll get to leave sch once sch ends( can be 2 or 2.30 depending on your sch). There is normally 1 day of cca and 1 day of meeting after school. So I get to go back early 3 times a week.

I am giving the full teaching load plus cca. But I am not given any committee work. Teaching load is totally fine. In fact I rather teach then stay in office doing nothing. Time pass much faster. For salary wise, the salary is posted on their moe website. But additional sums will be given for males who have served ns and for working experience.

Hi may I know what subjects you teach? What are the expectations for an untrained teacher?

mayain

Reaction score
Anyone here under teaching stint and has still not received updates about NIE enrollment?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.