NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Reaction score
Feb 16 to be exact and the status is "In Process". The status hasn't changed for the last 2 months and no news of interview too. Did u apply too @b4zabeat ?

In process means they will call you up for an interview eventually. That is based on my experience so far. During the times in which i hadnt been called for interview, it remained as "submitted" until the eventual rejection email.

ummumar

Reaction score
In process means they will call you up for an interview eventually. That is based on my experience so far. During the times in which i hadnt been called for interview, it remained as "submitted" until the eventual rejection email.

Might be delayed cos of the coronavirus situation. Back in my 4 application tries, if the status becomes "in process", there is interview invitation. If it remains "submitted" for long, unlikely to get interview

I did not reapply anymore

Thank you for both your replies. Yes, I'm aware that is how it works the PGDE programme, so was wondering if it works the same for the degree application as well. If it's the same in that case, I can be hopeful of getting a call for an interview sooner or later.

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Thank you for both your replies. Yes, I'm aware that is how it works the PGDE programme, so was wondering if it works the same for the degree application as well. If it's the same in that case, I can be hopeful of getting a call for an interview sooner or later.

Yes my experience with the application is with regards to PGDE

You mean you applied for Bachelor of Education?

Sasha12

Reaction score
Indeed, there’s a delay due to covid-19 so we just have to be a little bit more patient. I received an email from moe because i wrote in asking about the status of my application and they replied back saying they require more time and there will be a delay. I suppose for some of us who were notified that we should receive offer by 18 May should expect a delay. Potentially, we’ll be doing contract teaching at a later date too

Applicants from last year’s June application window have received their offers in end March or early April recently. Applicants from last year’s September October window who were shortlisted, have went for their medical checkup but no updates yet. As for this year’s January February window, the status should be shortlisted for now. Have not received any notification for medical checkup at this point, the delay probably due to circuit breaker measures :( really hope the notification for medical checkup would reach us soon! & I have friends in university who applied for PGDE on all windows opened by moe hence I could ask them for updates, hope my info is accurate, or else someone else can help to clarify!

lonely_driver

Reaction score
Indeed, there’s a delay due to covid-19 so we just have to be a little bit more patient. I received an email from moe because i wrote in asking about the status of my application and they replied back saying they require more time and there will be a delay. I suppose for some of us who were notified that we should receive offer by 18 May should expect a delay. Potentially, we’ll be doing contract teaching at a later date too

yup but do expect a possibility of a longer delay. NIE is going through a transition to accommodate online learning actually bcos of the covid19.

patience goes a long way and congrats to those who got through.

lonely_driver

Reaction score
If I am MOE I will consider the fact that if I don’t send offer letters out this year, two years down the road I would be getting lesser freshly graduated teachers by then. For subjects that need teachers - which would be for chinese subject, I don’t think MOE can cope with lesser Teachers who graduate from NIE. If they don’t have enough they would have to out source to find more Teachers to cope with the demand

I beg to differ. There have been cases where they admitted a smaller cohort. There are flexi-adjunct teachers in schools to cover manpower. Supply and demand. Looking at the economy currently, lesser teachers may consider leaving the service due to job stability during this volatile period.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I beg to differ. There have been cases where they admitted a smaller cohort. There are flexi-adjunct teachers in schools to cover manpower. Supply and demand. Looking at the economy currently, lesser teachers may consider leaving the service due to job stability during this volatile period.

Any chance they might not consider your application anymore instead of delaying it?

b4zabeat

Reaction score

I agree, have noticed that some older teachers who are reaching retirement age would just switch to flexi-adjunct and continue to stay in the school.

happyq

Reaction score
Hi, anyone here (from last year's Aug batch) has taken EPT, status changed to shortlisted, but still have not went for medical?

greatsuffolkarts

Reaction score
PGDE Application to teach Art

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have a degree with honours in design. I am interested in becoming an Art teacher with MOE. I'm hoping for some information from someone who has gone through the interview in 2019/2020 for the Art subject. Could you share what some of the interview questions are and what is expected of the portfolio presentation? Feel free to pm me! I would be extremely grateful as I do hope to become an Art teacher.

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have a degree with honours in design. I am interested in becoming an Art teacher with MOE. I'm hoping for some information from someone who has gone through the interview in 2019/2020 for the Art subject. Could you share what some of the interview questions are and what is expected of the portfolio presentation? Feel free to pm me! I would be extremely grateful as I do hope to become an Art teacher.

for interview questions, you can go to glassdoor to take a look

Glassesmissing

Reaction score

Thanks Sasha for letting us know! :)
I hope MOE will get back to all of us to inform us about the delayed process.. the waiting for the outcome is annoying haha

sbetta

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope that everyone is welling well. Does anyone has any further updates on receiving letter of appointment or update regarding their status?

Yours sincerely,
WL

monkeybro

Reaction score
Hi, anyone here (from last year's Aug batch) has taken EPT, status changed to shortlisted, but still have not went for medical?
Last year July batch. Went through EPT, Shortlisted and have not went for medical yet. Finger crossed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.