NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

jtayyy

Reaction score
Hi can I ask did anyone receive any updates?

Anyway I have a friend who recently got a call from MOE to ask about something, and hence they told her all applications would get an update latest by 8 June. Soooo that means 4 more weeks of wait

bubbletean

Reaction score
Hi can I ask did anyone receive any updates?

Anyway I have a friend who recently got a call from MOE to ask about something, and hence they told her all applications would get an update latest by 8 June. Soooo that means 4 more weeks of wait
I havent receive any updates yet since jan. What was your friend's timeline?

jeffrey745

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long does it take on average to be accepted to the programme ( interviews etc) from the time of application? 6mths - 1yr?

b4zabeat

Reaction score
How long does it take on average to be accepted to the programme ( interviews etc) from the time of application? 6mths - 1yr?

6 months to 1 year, depending on when you apply and when moe let you start contract teaching

meowyy

Reaction score
I got my offer for the pre-NIE PGDE teaching stint today at 8am! After 9 long months

jojo13579

Reaction score
Hi! Anyone know if they would accept SIT Accountancy Graduate (Third Class)? Planning to teach POA/Math. What will be the chances of getting in? Are there any tips for the interview sessions? I’m applying for the Jun 2020 intake. Thanks in advance!

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Hi! Anyone know if they would accept SIT Accountancy Graduate (Third Class)? Planning to teach POA/Math. What will be the chances of getting in? Are there any tips for the interview sessions? I’m applying for the Jun 2020 intake. Thanks in advance!

The chances of getting PoA and math is low. This is because lesser schools offer PoA these days, and there are excess math teachers at sec level. You are likely to face very strong competition especially for math.

Nnameless

Reaction score
I got my offer for the pre-NIE PGDE teaching stint today at 8am! After 9 long months

Same here, after 9 months. Aug batch. So be prepared for your application to delay for 1/2 application cycles.

The chances of getting PoA and math is low. This is because lesser schools offer PoA these days, and there are excess math teachers at sec level. You are likely to face very strong competition especially for math.

Don't take up accounting just because you want to teach it though. It's true, there is more Math teachers and more applicants in Math. For the first step though, I would suggest to not apply for 2 similar subjects like POA and Math (if it makes sense to you). You can still do it but if they ask you to change your subject combination do consider it.

Last edited:

meowyy

Reaction score
Congrats meowyy! Good news. Did they call u or u received email?

What subject and level u applied for?
thank you! they emailed the offer letter. i got assigned to accounting and EBS for secondary school which was what I had applied for.

pure.fresh003

Reaction score
@meowyy when did you go for your medical? Did they mention when you will be starting?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.