NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

tractor13

Reaction score
Hello, i am interested in applying this next year esp w the covid situation. Anyone know the process and any tips?

Pochacco77

Reaction score
Actually, I attended the appointment briefing some time back but am slated to start untrained teaching stint 22june20. But I haven’t heard back from MOE on the school I am posted to etc.

Anyone in the same boat as me?

kevinwallace

Reaction score
Hey Bro, please don't feel bad. I went for 4 PPT but only manage to pass the 4th try. Similarly, I have attended two interviews where I was only to be offered at the 2nd try. In the mean time, do get yourself into a sport education related roles if it is possible. Presently, if you don't have full time job, do give relief teaching a shot.

Hey glad you recieved got an offer.happy for you !

Actually I already graduated from ntu since 2018 and have been working in full time office job in finance industry. I have applied for the pe teacher job since my uni year three , first time broke my hand cannot go ppt. Second application after my hand healed managed to passed PPT in 2018... Failed my interview. Third application last year where I broke my hand again haha went to interview with a cast but didn't get through the interview.

This year will be fourth application.. my ppt still valid till end July 2020. Hopefully I don't need to retake ppt haha. if not I think this time I cant pass..

meowyy

Reaction score
Actually, I attended the appointment briefing some time back but am slated to start untrained teaching stint 22june20. But I haven’t heard back from MOE on the school I am posted to etc.

Anyone in the same boat as me?
i think they will only release the posting results after the deadline for acceptance on 4 June

sbetta

Reaction score
Hey glad you recieved got an offer.happy for you !

Actually I already graduated from ntu since 2018 and have been working in full time office job in finance industry. I have applied for the pe teacher job since my uni year three , first time broke my hand cannot go ppt. Second application after my hand healed managed to passed PPT in 2018... Failed my interview. Third application last year where I broke my hand again haha went to interview with a cast but didn't get through the interview.

This year will be fourth application.. my ppt still valid till end July 2020. Hopefully I don't need to retake ppt haha. if not I think this time I cant pass..

Thanks Kevin! Aiks, I hope that you have fully recovered from your past injures. It is almost 6 months from the Oct 2019 interview so you could give another shot. For me, I took almost two years for the whole recruitment process. It is seriously a long wait but worthwhile for me to pursue this PE dream.

In the current covid-19 situation, it is important to take care of yourself by having a full time role. Importantly, it is never too long old to join the PE fraternity as I have seen 40 year old PE teacher trainee in school.

we1234qu

Reaction score
Hi!

The testers will simply give you random questions for both your written and oral test. It really is all about just wanting to see how you carry yourself, and if you speak coherently. When I went for my ELPT, I was asked to talk about the most memorable holiday that I had. It really wasn’t nerve wrecking at all. Just be mindful to not pepper your sentences with Singlish. Don’t worry about a thing, it will be ok!
Hi what the easy about? For your question.

milktea98

Reaction score
Hi! anyone scheduled for mandatory MOE teaching internship under MOE Scholarship supposedly starting on 8 june-17july? Received updates from them 1 May that dates might change and school appointment to be announced this coming week, but with the current school changes not sure if it might still be on? anybody has any idea?

Steorra

Reaction score
Always have been a silent reader here till today. But just wanna find out exactly how hard is it to land an interview?

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Always have been a silent reader here till today. But just wanna find out exactly how hard is it to land an interview?

Before the covid, it is easy to get shortlisted for an interview if you have a degree with honours and if you are applying for the first time. For those with no honours, might be slightly harder and would likely to get subjects that are not their choice. At least this is what I observed among my peers.

But with the covid affecting the economy and job market, it might become harder. Because recent graduates whom are unemployed and those who lost their jobs might consider teaching in moe, there's a chance you are facing a bigger pool of applicants during this period.

Steorra

Reaction score
Before the covid, it is easy to get shortlisted for an interview if you have a degree with honours and if you are applying for the first time. For those with no honours, might be slightly harder and would likely to get subjects that are not their choice. At least this is what I observed among my peers.

But with the covid affecting the economy and job market, it might become harder. Because recent graduates whom are unemployed and those who lost their jobs might consider teaching in moe, there's a chance you are facing a bigger pool of applicants during this period.

Thank you for your reply! Tried applying in my last year but never got shortlisted. Quite demoralising tbh. Oh well, maybe I fall out of that spectrum... gotta keep trying then. Stay safe! Cheers.

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! Tried applying in my last year but never got shortlisted. Quite demoralising tbh. Oh well, maybe I fall out of that spectrum... gotta keep trying then. Stay safe! Cheers.

You can consider tuition centres if you are still very interested in teaching.

Tbh, it is very hard to get in moe these days after the school mergers few years back. They do not need as much new teachers anymore.

Reaction score
Anyone knows (if eventually given the offer) when will i likely start my teaching stint? Interviewed in february, and status states shortlisted.

My gut tells me that the earliest date possible is december. Anyone has any insight on this?

onestraightarc

Reaction score
Anyone knows (if eventually given the offer) when will i likely start my teaching stint? Interviewed in february, and status states shortlisted.

My gut tells me that the earliest date possible is december. Anyone has any insight on this?
Hi! Some of my friends are saying it might be end June / early July!

Have you done your medical/EPT? :)

jtayyy

Reaction score

Were you scheduled for a medical checkup this Friday? From what I know it seems like shortlisted candidates for subjects like English and Chinese received the medical checkup email today.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.