NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Conrad24

Reaction score
@Conrad24 when is your EPT scheduled? From what I've read through this page, the test will be divided into two parts.

First part: Essay similar to 'O' Level format
Second part: Oral Test which includes reading and Q&A.

Results will be out within approx 2-3 weeks.
My EPT is scheduled on 10th June!

Conrad24

Reaction score
Hi! The entire process took 3.5hours!

The questions may not be education related!

Lifestyle was the main topic for yesterday's session!
Hey just wanna ask for the EPT there is a situational and expository component, for the situational writing were you tasked to write a formal email/letter? Also, for the expository writing were there several topics to choose from?

onestraightarc

Reaction score
Hey just wanna ask for the EPT there is a situational and expository component, for the situational writing were you tasked to write a formal email/letter? Also, for the expository writing were there several topics to choose from?
Hi! For the situational writing, we were asked to write an article which will be published in a school magazine

Only one option for the expository writing!

OddlesToddles

Reaction score
Can someone who has taken the MTL EPT please share the questions and difficulty level? Mine is this week and I don’t know what and how to prepare for it.

Thank you in advance. :)

Melodious wonderer

Reaction score
Hi hi good morning.

Anyone from Aug 19 application window, have went for medical, status shortlisted, but no news on offer yet?

zelxx_

Reaction score
hello! i recently went to re-read MOE's email and realised that applicants joining the 13th july batch will receive the offer letter by 8th june. so does this mean that the jan/feb batch would not be able to join the july intake? because now cause of covid and the delays im not sure if the 8th june date still applies anymore. :s11:

Reaction score
hello! i recently went to re-read MOE's email and realised that applicants joining the 13th july batch will receive the offer letter by 8th june. so does this mean that the jan/feb batch would not be able to join the july intake? because now cause of covid and the delays im not sure if the 8th june date still applies anymore. :s11:

Feb batch here as well. I had applied the same logic/thought process weeks back and came to the conclusion that the earliest i can start is December. This will also be likely if you had been called up for a medical last week. For people like myself who had not been called up for a medical, even a December starting date may not materialise.

Unless of course, they give an exception and allow teaching stint to commence during this window, albeit a few weeks/months late - August?

Melodious wonderer

Reaction score
Most likely you will join the Dec stint, depending on the urgency of need for teachers based on subject you teach. What is your sub combi?

Primary.. PE.
There are other pri PE applicants in my batch received offer.. doesn't seem to be dependent on subject it seems?

I was thinking could it be due to certain sch zone or cluster have shortage of teachers in that subject then moe slot in candidates living nearby..

Really puzzling.. what could be the reasons??

poodleparade

Reaction score
Feb batch here as well. I had applied the same logic/thought process weeks back and came to the conclusion that the earliest i can start is December. This will also be likely if you had been called up for a medical last week. For people like myself who had not been called up for a medical, even a December starting date may not materialise.

Unless of course, they give an exception and allow teaching stint to commence during this window, albeit a few weeks/months late - August?

I highly doubt they would do that. Dec would be the most likely option for jan/feb 2020 batch.

abigailwarren74

Reaction score
Feb 2020 batch here! Received my medical email yesterday and the check up is scheduled for tomorrow.

zelxx_

Reaction score

Same, have not been asked to go for medical yet, which is making me really anxious haha. I think the Aug window wouldn't be possible, but at the same time also wondering if they are trying to rush the jan/feb batch into the july intake since many people are being called for medical now.

zelxx_

Reaction score
Feb 2020 batch here! Received my medical email yesterday and the check up is scheduled for tomorrow.
Hi! Would they also send an sms to notify about the medical checkup? As my email inbox is quite full just afraid to miss it out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.