NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

pure.fresh003

Reaction score
It's the end of the week, no EPT or medical updates for Jan Batch Pri Eng/Math

Those in the same boat, hope next week will some updates!

Have a good weekend!

jojo13579

Reaction score
Hi jojo,

Thanks for the information. I jus submitted my application on the 8/6. Hope to get a call in abt a month's time. Wish you the best of luck! Wad will u be teaching during the interview?

With regards,
Jeff
Thank you! I hope you get your call soon also! I'll be teaching pri math during the 5mins presentation.

Helpmehelpme

Reaction score
Hello Jeffrey!
Thank you! I submitted my application on 18th May. The first interview notification email came on 10th June and call came on 16th June.

Hi JoJo, mind if I ask what’s your qualification? I applied on 3rd May and didn’t receive any emails... I’m from SIM and applied for Pri Chinese. They don’t accept private degree?

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway anyone got the PPT invite? I applied PE and Maths but seems i get shortlisted for PE.

jeffrey745

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I hope you get your call soon also! I'll be teaching pri math during the 5mins presentation.

Hi Jojo,

Thanks for your well wishes :) I applied for English and Sci(Pri) and sec sch Maths.

With regards,
Jeff

Bigglobber

Reaction score
Hihi bigglobber,
May I know if you are a mid-career applicant, and as to ‘receiving the offer letter’, did they follow up with a call to you? The info on ‘virtual briefing’ is very helpful. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

Hi they did not follow it up with a call. Only an email with the relevant documents for signing was sent along with an SMS notification. Also please note that the sender for this email would be particular staff and not the typical moe ru email address. Hope this helps.

Felicia1916

Reaction score
It's the end of the week, no EPT or medical updates for Jan Batch Pri Eng/Math

Those in the same boat, hope next week will some updates!

Have a good weekend!

Those in the same boat did y’all go for interview in March but from the Jan/Feb batch?

Afshan

Reaction score
Hiiii guys....anyone in the may-june 2020 batch?
I applied on March 24th...I received an email that my application was received on May 18 and again on June 4 I received another message and email requiring additional information . No other update yet...any suggestions?

Lynnie_xoxo

Reaction score
I applied on March 24th...I received an email that my application was received on May 18 and again on June 4 I received another message and email requiring additional information . No other update yet...any suggestions?
I think you can only wait! But if they are requiring more info, thats a good sign!

Lynnie_xoxo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

for those who have gotten into MOE/gone for the interview, is it very important to prepare an out of the box class to impress them?

Or is it ok to prepare a normal class and focus more on the part of managing them as students?

Any tips on the lesson demo? I would greatly appreciate if you can share what you did during the lesson demo :)

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Hi guys,

for those who have gotten into MOE/gone for the interview, is it very important to prepare an out of the box class to impress them?

Or is it ok to prepare a normal class and focus more on the part of managing them as students?

Any tips on the lesson demo? I would greatly appreciate if you can share what you did during the lesson demo :)

It is likely that many people are doing similar things. I think the lesson need to leave them a positive and deep impression so they can still remember you at the end of the day after interviewing many people. Whether you want to focus on normal teaching or more of managing, I feel it does depend on the panel you get that day.

I went for interview twice and I planned to teach with printed worksheets. My first time the panel aren't disruptive, so I am able to focus on teaching. However the second time my panel kept disrupting my lesson and I was unable to teach what I planned to, with most of the time focusing on managing the 'students'. I was rejected for both attempts, so probably my approach of using worksheets wasn't good enough.

dancingwitch

Reaction score
Hi guys,

In my opinion, you need to know the syllabus well. Possible questions related to your lesson they might ask are 'What is your rationale in teaching this/in this manner?', 'Do you know the syllabus for (insert whichever level you are teaching)', 'How can you further improve this lesson if you had more time?'

I conducted my class with worksheets as well. The interviewers were not very disruptive but they asked some questions based on the class (as students) and I had to think on my feet. A friend brought props but the interviewers rolled/threw it around, so she had to manage their behavior.

Just be well prepared for it and all the best!

jtayyy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hello!!! Just my 2 cents regarding this, I have only went for interview once so I dare not vouch for all other interviews, so this is really just about my own experience since I have only went for interview once. I got a very disruptive panel. I prepared a very normal and short lesson to teach vocab. I only started by saying “Please flip to the textbook page xx” (I brought along a secondary textbook I borrowed, so I was able to say that sentence) and once I said that all three members of the panel raised questions immediately. Saying they don’t have the book, why do I need to bring a book, a book is so heavy I don’t want to bring it. Or like I have the book but I refuse to share with my classmate. I had a lot of questions from the panel, and when I finally got around to starting my teaching demo, I believe I answered 5-6 questions already. And for my teaching, I only taught just one word of vocab, was spammed with a lot of questions again. Once I was done answering, the panel then said I am able to sit down. So I feel that the focus is about how you manage the situation and not to be thrown off your feet even if the panel surprises you with a lot of questions, to be calm while answering them all. Not so much about the teaching, but that being said, you cannot teach anything that is not content accurate. For that one word of vocab, I was actually tested on my depth of knowledge in the language as well when one of the panel members asked me an unexpected question.

davidisrael

Reaction score

Hi Afshan,

I too applied on the 12th of March 2020 as part of the May-June 2020 window for the PGDE program but didn't receive an acknowledgment email or any such correspondence. Could you confirm if you applied for the PGDE program or anything else cause when I had, by mistake, applied for the TTS program in the previous window, I had received such emails that acknowledged my application and also requested for additional information but eventually it got rejected without an interview or any such progress.

Also, could anyone confirm if not receiving at least the acknowledgement email is a bad sign? My status in the portal is still 'Submitted'.

Just realised MOE had sent me an email yesterday. Not successful. All the best to the rest!

Hi sleeping_giant1820,

Thank you for your wishes. Do keep applying and trying for such opportunities because we can never know when it clicks and somehow, they usually fall in place at the right time when considered w.r.t the 'Big Picture' (despite what we think of it). All the very best for your future endeavors. Take care.

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Also, could anyone confirm if not receiving at least the acknowledgement email is a bad sign? My status in the portal is still 'Submitted'.

I remember they always send me an acknowledgement email when I applied last year and the year before

davidisrael

Reaction score
I remember they always send me an acknowledgement email when I applied last year and the year before

That's not fair, another reason for me to panic. Perhaps, I will wait for a couple of more working days and then shoot them an email to enquire about my circumstances.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.