NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Moonbunny

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm quite confused with the pay that MOE does things, so I have a few questions that I hope someone would be able to clarify for me :s11:

My timeline is:

Applied for teaching position: 20th May 2020
Interview: 24th June 2020
Received an email to send previous hiring data: 29th June 2020
Email updating me my application is still being processed: 21st July 2020

They did mention that they would get back to me in 4-5 weeks if the application was successful, which means will I find out if I get accepted or rejected within the next week or so?

If I received an acceptance, will that mean I proceed on to medical/EPT? I'm quite confused XD

Just to clarify, I am a fresh graduate (July 2020) and this is my first time applying for a PGDE position.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers x

onestraightarc

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm quite confused with the pay that MOE does things, so I have a few questions that I hope someone would be able to clarify for me :s11:

My timeline is:

They did mention that they would get back to me in 4-5 weeks if the application was successful, which means will I find out if I get accepted or rejected within the next week or so?

If I received an acceptance, will that mean I proceed on to medical/EPT? I'm quite confused XD

Just to clarify, I am a fresh graduate (July 2020) and this is my first time applying for a PGDE position.

Cheers x
Based on my experience, your status will become 'shortlisted'

After your interview, they will then call you for EPT (if applicable) and medical!

I'm not too sure about the 4-5 weeks timeline. They may not follow it strictly due to COVID-19

Keep in mind that nothing is confirmed until they offer you the possible employment letter/email

Feel free to pm me if you wanna ask more :) I am a fresh grad too!

Last edited:

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Hi all!

My timeline is:

Cheers x

I received the processing email before. A few weeks later I was rejected. My friend was rejected a few months later after notification of EPT. Hence probably need to receive the medical to be safe.

eastboi94

Reaction score
Hi all!

My timeline is:

Cheers x
hi moonbunny, i feel that i'm in the same situation as you, just that i went for my interview slightly earlier and i'm still waiting for an update. when i received the latest email i was thinking to myself how is this an update hahah. anyways, they probably hav to process many applications, some even fr previous windows

just wondering, what subjects did you apply for?

Moonbunny

Reaction score
hi moonbunny, i feel that i'm in the same situation as you, just that i went for my interview slightly earlier and i'm still waiting for an update. when i received the latest email i was thinking to myself how is this an update hahah. anyways, they probably hav to process many applications, some even fr previous windows

just wondering, what subjects did you apply for?

Hey! I found it rather amusing when they sent the "update" email because I would have preferred that they had not sent it because it gave me a shock XD But a few of my friends were impressed that MOE had the decency to update their candidates as many of my other friends in other sectors have never received "courtesy" emails X'D

I'd rather they don't give me a 4-5 week time frame if they don't plan on sticking to this schedule. When I base my other plans around this time frame, things get messed up if this is extended to months as seen from other applicants.

I applied for JC Economics and Mathematics Secondary, but they offered me an interview for Primary Maths and English. Regardless, I went for it.

I received the processing email before. A few weeks later I was rejected. My friend was rejected a few months later after notification of EPT. Hence probably need to receive the medical to be safe.

Hey! Thanks for letting me know about you and your pal's experience~ Reading this forum just makes it much clearer with regards to how the process is much more complicated than I initially thought XD

After your interview, they will then call you for EPT (if applicable) and medical!

I'm not too sure about the 4-5 weeks timeline. They may not follow it strictly due to COVID-19

Keep in mind that nothing is confirmed until they offer you the possible employment letter/email

Thank you for this! It has been very helpful but also makes me even more anxious since there are so many hurdles one has to go through before the actual offer of employment. Forgive me if I sound so naive and ignorant, first time applying for a position in this sector and don't have many peers in this specific sector too X''D

eastboi94

Reaction score
Hey! I found it rather amusing when they sent the "update" email because I would have preferred that they had not sent it because it gave me a shock XD But a few of my friends were impressed that MOE had the decency to update their candidates as many of my other friends in other sectors have never received "courtesy" emails X'D

I'd rather they don't give me a 4-5 week time frame if they don't plan on sticking to this schedule. When I base my other plans around this time frame, things get messed up if this is extended to months as seen from other applicants.

I applied for JC Economics and Mathematics Secondary, but they offered me an interview for Primary Maths and English. Regardless, I went for it.

Hey! Thanks for letting me know about you and your pal's experience~ Reading this forum just makes it much clearer with regards to how the process is much more complicated than I initially thought XD

Thank you for this! It has been very helpful but also makes me even more anxious since there are so many hurdles one has to go through before the actual offer of employment. Forgive me if I sound so naive and ignorant, first time applying for a position in this sector and don't have many peers in this specific sector too X''D
my sentiments exactly. oh okay i also interviewed for pri eng/maths. all the best for yr application!

Nnameless

Reaction score
Hi all!

My timeline is:

Cheers x

TLDR: I think the 4-5 weeks is only applicable to the first next update, after that no fixed time for the final results, which MOE always stress in their email "Please note that this notification is not intended to create any legally binding obligations and that the matter is still subject to contract."

If this is the first time you are applying for govt jobs, they always have long processing time. MOE is probably the longest. Just like what your friends have said, for some sectors, your application might just be at processed for 6 months without telling you that you have failed. At least from what some had said previously, no news means you are still being considered and MOE will always tell you that you are rejected, when you are rejected.

And every application will be different. My status was only changed to shortlisted 2+ months after the interview (after they ask me to change my 2nd teaching subject), while I have another forumer who already got shortlisted for the same 1st subject.

Even before covid, you won't receive your application RESULTS by 4-5 weeks, but you might get a update like asking for EPT date (I think the 4-5 weeks is only application to the first next update). And if you don't have to take the EPT test, you have to wait for others that are taking, so judge the amount of time to you have to wait for the next update. In other words, treat it that they go through the different stages for all applications as a whole.

Last year after the end of my interview, like when I was packing my stuff, my interviewers asked me if I am still applying for other jobs (which I said no), after that I sort of understood that the waiting time will be longer than expected. If you are anxious to get a job and have other job offers, depends on your feel of your chances and your feel of becoming a teacher, you can consider applying for other jobs (although I didn't and waited for 8 mths). You can always quit your job if the offer does comes or delay your MOE offer (take note of resignation notice period).

If you decided to wait, don't need to stress yourself by refreshing the career@sg page everyday/hr xD, just check every few days, turn on your phone notification for your email account and enjoy your semi-holiday :)

Last edited:

Singkiasu

Reaction score
Thanks Nnameless for giving us a detailed picture. I am also in the ' waiting boat ', first time applicant to govt jobs. As you stated, I guess, I too need to look out for other jobs than being in the anxiety state. Patience is virtue!

Last edited:

onestraightarc

Reaction score

No problem! It was my first time applying too! And I know how you feel because I was in the exact same position a few weeks ago!

All the best keep in touch if needed!

Moonbunny

Reaction score
TLDR: I think the 4-5 weeks is only application to the next update, after that no fixed time for the final results, which MOE always stress in their email "Please note that this notification is not intended to create any legally binding obligations and that the matter is still subject to contract."

Thank you so much for this! It has really put things into perspective and will take your advice and enjoy this semi-holiday! I guess no news really is good news X’D

Flyingflower

Reaction score
Also from May/June , below are my timeline :-
19 Jun - interview
26 June- EPT availability email , but at the end never ask me to sit for it
29 June- request previous hiring data
16 July- email on the application still in process
Now is waiting game

May I know why the EPT come after interview instead of come after when you are shortlisted as what people share in old thread?

Nnameless

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this! It has really put things into perspective and will take your advice and enjoy this semi-holiday! I guess no news really is good news X’D

You have to make your own judgement. Don't want to hide the negative ending of the story that happened to my friend, it will be painful when you get rejected after waiting for so long.

Nnameless

Reaction score
Also from May/June , below are my timeline :-
19 Jun - interview
26 June- EPT availability email , but at the end never ask me to sit for it
29 June- request previous hiring data
16 July- email on the application still in process
Now is waiting game

May I know why the EPT come after interview instead of come after when you are shortlisted as what people share in old thread?

Usually it comes after your interview and before you get shortlisted.

eastboi94

Reaction score
TLDR: I think the 4-5 weeks is only applicable to the first next update, after that no fixed time for the final results, which MOE always stress in their email "Please note that this notification is not intended to create any legally binding obligations and that the matter is still subject to contract."

If this is the first time you are applying for govt jobs, they always have long processing time. MOE is probably the longest. Just like what your friends have said, for some sectors, your application might just be at processed for 6 months without telling you that you have failed. At least from what some had said previously, no news means you are still being considered and MOE will always tell you that you are rejected, when you are rejected.

And every application will be different. My status was only changed to shortlisted 2+ months after the interview (after they ask me to change my 2nd teaching subject), while I have another forumer who already got shortlisted for the same 1st subject.

Even before covid, you won't receive your application RESULTS by 4-5 weeks, but you might get a update like asking for EPT date (I think the 4-5 weeks is only application to the first next update). And if you don't have to take the EPT test, you have to wait for others that are taking, so judge the amount of time to you have to wait for the next update. In other words, treat it that they go through the different stages for all applications as a whole.

Last year after the end of my interview, like when I was packing my stuff, my interviewers asked me if I am still applying for other jobs (which I said no), after that I sort of understood that the waiting time will be longer than expected. If you are anxious to get a job and have other job offers, depends on your feel of your chances and your feel of becoming a teacher, you can consider applying for other jobs (although I didn't and waited for 8 mths). You can always quit your job if the offer does comes or delay your MOE offer (take note of resignation notice period).

If you decided to wait, don't need to stress yourself by refreshing the career@sg page everyday/hr xD, just check every few days, turn on your phone notification for your email account and enjoy your semi-holiday :)
thanks for sharing! now i hav a better understanding of the application process

Sonlene

Reaction score
How long did your friend waited? And then he got a rejection after waiting for that long?

You have to make your own judgement. Don't want to hide the negative ending of the story that happened to my friend, it will be painful when you get rejected after waiting for so long.

anykindsoul

Reaction score
Hello, can anyone advice what happens to applicant who apply in their penultimate year? (not final year)

Hi! Same situation here!
Anyone is able to give some enlightenment like if we do not received email by MOE within the stated 5-6weeks timeframe, does it mean that most probably I'm eligible for the next round ie.EPT? :s22:

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Hi! Same situation here!
Anyone is able to give some enlightenment like if we do not received email by MOE within the stated 5-6weeks timeframe, does it mean that most probably I'm eligible for the next round ie.EPT? :s22:

EPT is not compulsory for everyone. They will look at your past English grades.

anykindsoul

Reaction score
EPT is not compulsory for everyone. They will look at your past English grades.

If that's the case, when will ept be informed? Will it be next year considering I'm a penultimate year student? Or will it be like the next few weeks after your interview considering the trends of the timeline posted by others? :s12:

b4zabeat

Reaction score
If that's the case, when will ept be informed? Will it be next year considering I'm a penultimate year student? Or will it be like the next few weeks after your interview considering the trends of the timeline posted by others? :s12:

Usually the people I know who got the EPT received it a few weeks after the interview. But doesn't mean you got the placing if asked to take EPT. My friend was rejected few months after the EPT notification.

Also, EPT is not compulsory for everyone. If your past English grades are good then probably won't be notified about it.

Lynnie_xoxo

Reaction score

Hi Nnameless, thanks for your insight! Its really helpful to all of us anxious people out there :)

For people in the May/June 2020 window, it seems like those who have went for the interview have gradually received an EPT email and an email asking for more details on previous hiring information. Is there a possibility that I have not yet received it bcoz i do not need to take EPT and information submitted is complete or is the likelihood that I will be rejected greater?

Also, anyone from the May/June 2020 batch who has already been shortlisted?

Based on my following of this track, it seems like they only sent out rejection emails and processing emails so far but no confirmation yet!

Thanks in advance to any help/input :)

For those who have been shortlisted, would appreciate if you could share your interview experiences :)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.