NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Bluegirl

Reaction score
Hi! May i know what did you ask/state in the email? I emailed them too to check for any updates but its been a few days and no reply from them.

Hi Caterpillar123

I didn’t directly ask for an update. The email reply I got after I confirmed my availability for the ept, mentioned ppt which is meant for pe Teachers. So, I told them I was worried that there may be an error in my application code and asked them to help to just check.
They replied back to confirm my code was correct and application was processing and that the only error was in the email as they had not updated the word ppt.
I Guess to clarify, they had to reply..

Oolongteanosugar

Reaction score
Hi Caterpillar123

I didn’t directly ask for an update. The email reply I got after I confirmed my availability for the ept, mentioned ppt which is meant for pe Teachers. So, I told them I was worried that there may be an error in my application code and asked them to help to just check.
They replied back to confirm my code was correct and application was processing and that the only error was in the email as they had not updated the word ppt.
I Guess to clarify, they had to reply..

ah yes no wonder i was q puzzled when you said ppt! glad u got that sorted out :)

Bluegirl

Reaction score
ah yes no wonder i was q puzzled when you said ppt! glad u got that sorted out :)

Lol.. yes.. just had this doubt for a while and I didn’t see anyone else mention it in the forum so I thought I’d better just check and at the same time maybe they will reply with something to do with the ept.
Will definitely update again if I hear anything else :)

Ellesse2704

Reaction score
Hi :) I applied on 8th June, but my application was brought over to June-aug batch. Interviewed on 11 Aug. Received EPT availability email on 18th Aug. Received processing email on 30 Aug. I applied for music (pri)

dont be disheartened guys! i believe that their hiring criteria is really stringent and it may not be you. sometimes its a combination of factors like luck + panel of interviewers too....

btw to monmonshironeko, Ellesse2704 and oolongteanosugar do yall mind sharing which batch did you guys apply for? may/june 2020 or jun/aug 2020? also, what are your subject combis? :)

im not sure but i have a hunccch that moe might expand their hiring capacityyyy as news say that they are looking to implement a blended learning model next year or something (complement hbl with physical lessons), so maybe they need more new blood?

hahahhaha this is my self-comfort and hope la hahaha all the best to everyone else waiting too :)

Higgbp

Reaction score
Hahaha I indicated preferences for JC Econs and Sec Math but they offered me English/Maths at primary level but never asked if I was alright with teaching primary in my first interview XD

I applied Pri Eng/Sci but they gave me Pri Eng/Math which is my 2nd choice and I’m happy with it. I believe they need more math than sci Teachers since math is all the way from P1-6.

Is Eng/Math your second choice too?

Moonbunny

Reaction score
My first choice was JC Econs and second was secondary math XD
For tertiary level, you don’t do two subjects~
I applied Pri Eng/Sci but they gave me Pri Eng/Math which is my 2nd choice and I’m happy with it. I believe they need more math than sci Teachers since math is all the way from P1-6.

Is Eng/Math your second choice too?

asteroidcraters

Reaction score
Hi! May i know what did you ask/state in the email? I emailed them too to check for any updates but its been a few days and no reply from them.
hi! did you receive the email on 31 Aug saying that your application is currently in process as well? I did not receive any update emails and they did not mention whether I still needed to take the 2nd Sept EPT as well :( does this mean I am most probably rejected already?

Caterpillar123

Reaction score
hi! did you receive the email on 31 Aug saying that your application is currently in process as well? I did not receive any update emails and they did not mention whether I still needed to take the 2nd Sept EPT as well :( does this mean I am most probably rejected already?
Hi! No i did not receive any processing email or ept available email yet. And it has been more than 5wks since my interview. Dropped them an email to ask if any updates and am still awaiting a reply from them.

pure.fresh003

Reaction score
No news is good news, I am slowly counting down to 16 November!

Jiayou to all those waiting for your acceptance offer!

Higgbp

Reaction score
My first choice was JC Econs and second was secondary math XD
For tertiary level, you don’t do two subjects~

If you don't mind teaching Pri Eng/Math, and if we both get selected, we will be course mates at NIE! ;)

Higgbp

Reaction score
No news is good news, I am slowly counting down to 16 November!

Jiayou to all those waiting for your acceptance offer!

If I'm not wrong there will be a medical round before 16 Nov? Any idea when it is likely to be?

Bluegirl

Reaction score
Hi! No i did not receive any processing email or ept available email yet. And it has been more than 5wks since my interview. Dropped them an email to ask if any updates and am still awaiting a reply from them.

Sometimes they take a while to reply. Another email that I sent previously, they took a week to get back to me. It’s possible they filter the emails and reply those that are more urgent first. Think positive.. hopefully they are just backlogged and they will get back to you soon.

Bluegirl

Reaction score
If I'm not wrong there will be a medical round before 16 Nov? Any idea when it is likely to be?

I suspect they should be sending info out for this soon as only 2 months left to November. Has anyone received anything yet?

Moonbunny

Reaction score
Hopefully we both get selected! All the best to everyone waiting ^_^

On another note, got an email reply from MOE!

"We are in the midst of processing your application and will contact you with an update as soon as it is available. We seek your understanding that the processing time could vary across applications as every situation is different.

If you are selected for a teaching position, the Ministry will advise on the date you will need to assume duty. The next compulsory untrained teaching stint is expected to begin in December 2020. We will do our best in ensuring that applicants begin their untrained teaching stint at the earliest opportunity. There are, however, occasions when we are unable to do so due to unforeseen circumstances."

It is back to waiting for some good news then~

If you don't mind teaching Pri Eng/Math, and if we both get selected, we will be course mates at NIE! ;)

IloveMilo

Reaction score

"We are in the midst of processing your application and will contact you with an update as soon as it is available. We seek your understanding that the processing time could vary across applications as every situation is different.

If you are selected for a teaching position, the Ministry will advise on the date you will need to assume duty. The next compulsory untrained teaching stint is expected to begin in December 2020. We will do our best in ensuring that applicants begin their untrained teaching stint at the earliest opportunity. There are, however, occasions when we are unable to do so due to unforeseen circumstances."

Hi Moon bunny!

May I ask when was your interview? :)

Bluegirl

Reaction score

That’s great! Interesting that they never put specific date in December.. Back to the waiting game 🤪

Higgbp

Reaction score

Moonbunny, when did you receive the above email?

The one I received on 31 Aug is like this:

We would like to inform you that we are still processing your teaching application. If your application is successful, the starting date of your employment is likely to be 22 December 2020, barring unforeseen circumstances. If you are due to commence employment on 22 December 2020, you should receive the “Possible Offer of Appointment to the Education Service” by 16 November 2020.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.