NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

lasting_miracle

Reaction score
About the telegram group, I believe if it's closed means...the group is no longer in place or active. I don't think telegram has a limit for the no of members each group can have.

If you all are okay, I can create a group and whomever is interested can privately msg me and I'll send them the link to join..

I guess, now the window is closed. So let's have that group for those who have been shortlisted so that we can share updates. Future applicants of upcoming windows can join n share updates too. Let's reserve that group for 2021 PGDE applicants.

lasting_miracle

Reaction score
Telegram group has been created. Those who are interested to join in, either PM with me ur usernames or u can just reply to in this thread stating ur username if you're comfortable.

lasting_miracle

Reaction score
Telegram group has been created. Those who are interested to join in, either PM with me ur usernames or u can just reply to in this thread stating ur username if you're comfortable.

Or you can just join us by simply following this link 👇🏼

https://t.me/joinchat/63B18N0OaigxOGM1

Avocadomilkshake

Reaction score
Hi there! Just wanted to check if receiving a processing email meant a higher chance of getting in?

I went for my interview in late Feb and have not received any follow-up or processing emails from moe. I saw on the telegram chat that people who went for the interview later than me, have received a processing email (about 3 weeks from their interview?)

Does it mean that there is a high chance that I will be receiving a rejection letter soon?

Thanks so much! 😊

hihihi123321

Reaction score
HI guys, i finished interview and medical and today my status changed from in process to shortlisted. Does that mean i will get the offer? Or still not confirmed yet? Thanks for clarifying!

hihihi123321

Reaction score
Hi there! Just wanted to check if receiving a processing email meant a higher chance of getting in?

I went for my interview in late Feb and have not received any follow-up or processing emails from moe. I saw on the telegram chat that people who went for the interview later than me, have received a processing email (about 3 weeks from their interview?)

Does it mean that there is a high chance that I will be receiving a rejection letter soon?

Thanks so much! 😊

Hi i had a processing letter in Jan and then a medical checkup letter in march. I think the longer you wait may have better chance to get since those that rejected will receive rejection mail first i think

beaconofhope

Reaction score
Hi would like to know what are the chances that I will end up in the same school for Teaching Assistant stint, Practicum and fully trained teacher if i am doing untrained teaching stint at a particular school?

Crane08

Reaction score
Hi there, just want to check whether anyone received any emails other than the processing email for the January batch?

snowbunny

Reaction score
Hi would like to know what are the chances that I will end up in the same school for Teaching Assistant stint, Practicum and fully trained teacher if i am doing untrained teaching stint at a particular school?
hello! you will 99% be going back to your UT school to do the teaching assistant during your NIE year. regarding practicum and/or your first posting as a beginning teacher, it really depends on the vacancies!

beaconofhope

Reaction score
hello! you will 99% be going back to your UT school to do the teaching assistant during your NIE year. regarding practicum and/or your first posting as a beginning teacher, it really depends on the vacancies!
Thanks for the information. If I were to request to do practicum teaching and permanent posting around a certain region (assume correlation between postings for practicum and permanent posting) using having to care for my sicked parent, will MOE take that into account?

My current residence and my parent's residence is about 4km apart.

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. If I were to request to do practicum teaching and permanent posting around a certain region (assume correlation between postings for practicum and permanent posting) using having to care for my sicked parent, will MOE take that into account?

My current residence and my parent's residence is about 4km apart.
Hmm..i think if you’re still an NIE trainee / newly posted to your school, it is quite difficult to make a request but you can try? Need to approach the school leader or your school mentor for advice.

On the other hand, there are open(based on vacancies) and closed(internal & subject to SL’s approval) postings which takes place annually for teachers who wish to make a transfer but there are requirements as well such as minimum 1 year of service in posted school, available vacancies, etc.

Azureil

Reaction score
Hi guys, I finally got offered today! It's been a super long wait (1 year) I hope everyone gets good news soon!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.