NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

jnny9801

Reaction score
Hello! I received an email from MOE on 12 July (supposedly the last day of them contacting us if we are shortlisted) at around 11pm saying that my application is still in process and if i’m shortlisted i will be notified by 23 July. Anyone else received the same email? Does anyone know if it’s good news or is it just another delay?
Hi, may I know if you have gone through the interview alr? 12 July should be the latest date they confirm if you are shortlisted for interview. If you have completed the interview, then the in process email should be a good sign.

jnjy00

Reaction score
Hi, may I know if you have gone through the interview alr? 12 July should be the latest date they confirm if you are shortlisted for interview. If you have completed the interview, then the in process email should be a good sign.
Nope i did not go for any interview :( This was what I received:

“Thank you for having taken the time to apply for a teaching position in the application window from 12 May to 8 June 2021.

We would like to inform you that your application is currently in process. If you are shortlisted for the interview, you would be contacted by 23 July 2021.”

ND2613

Reaction score
Nope i did not go for any interview :( This was what I received:

“Thank you for having taken the time to apply for a teaching position in the application window from 12 May to 8 June 2021.

We would like to inform you that your application is currently in process. If you are shortlisted for the interview, you would be contacted by 23 July 2021.”
Hi, sounds like they had too many applicants and are still looking through the applications. Hence they are contacting everyone that they haven't screened out to inform them of the delay. On a positive note, they haven't screened you out and you're still in the running! =)

What are your preferred teaching subjects?

I went for interview today. There were so many interview rooms and a steady stream of candidates. They must be swarmed!

jnjy00

Reaction score
Hi, sounds like they had too many applicants and are still looking through the applications. Hence they are contacting everyone that they haven't screened out to inform them of the delay. On a positive note, they haven't screened you out and you're still in the running! =)

What are your preferred teaching subjects?

I went for interview today. There were so many interview rooms and a steady stream of candidates. They must be swarmed!
thanks for the reply! :) I applied for Pri Music. What did you apply for?

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Yup..swarmed indeed. There are still shortlisted applicants from 2020 batch waiting for offers and good news..😅 like me!

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Hey @hzlntmlktea! You have yet to get your offer? :( Did you contact/email the MOE HR to ask about the outcome, or to press for them to give a reply soon?
Yes I did! They just mentioned that due to organisational requirements, more time is required so they apologized yet again for the delay. 🤷🏻‍♀️ They said may be by Dec latest, but with the current spike in cases and everything, I don’t know how it’s gonna unfold. I mean, they already used “Heightened Alert” in June as their latest reason for their neverending delays..what more the next few weeks or months if situation doesn’t get better..😔

I’m thankful that in these unprecedented times, I still have a full-time job but I feel for those who have been made to wait with uncertainty and not knowing the next best move to make in terms of deciding on taking up another job or that dangling promotion or a different path. If RU can only understand how painful and impactful this has been for others’ livelihoods and future plans. It’s like, life should not be made to wait and so i let life go on in the midst of waiting, taking each day in stride and yet, I feel there’s still that hesitation from something that’s holding me back from propelling forward, you know?

While I understand that it hasn’t been easy on their side with the everchanging measures and swarming applications, trying their best to strategically fit each & every one of us into the right places where the needs are met, it is the most gruelling, painful wait that no one should ever be made to go through in terms of handing their “fate” of their own future to the unknown, for so long. No doubt it is a dream that I’ve been wanting for so long and I’m already so close so I can’t complain much but I’m not gonna discount the fact that it has been the most uncomfortable journey to attain that dream. May all this wait be so insanely worth it.

thelittleflower

Reaction score
Yes I did! They just mentioned that due to organisational requirements, more time is required so they apologized yet again for the delay. 🤷🏻‍♀️ They said may be by Dec latest, but with the current spike in cases and everything, I don’t know how it’s gonna unfold. I mean, they already used “Heightened Alert” in June as their latest reason for their neverending delays..what more the next few weeks or months if situation doesn’t get better..😔

I’m thankful that in these unprecedented times, I still have a full-time job but I feel for those who have been made to wait with uncertainty and not knowing the next best move to make in terms of deciding on taking up another job or that dangling promotion or a different path. If RU can only understand how painful and impactful this has been for others’ livelihoods and future plans. It’s like, life should not be made to wait and so i let life go on in the midst of waiting, taking each day in stride and yet, I feel there’s still that hesitation from something that’s holding me back from propelling forward, you know?

While I understand that it hasn’t been easy on their side with the everchanging measures and swarming applications, trying their best to strategically fit each & every one of us into the right places where the needs are met, it is the most gruelling, painful wait that no one should ever be made to go through in terms of handing their “fate” of their own future to the unknown, for so long. No doubt it is a dream that I’ve been wanting for so long and I’m already so close so I can’t complain much but I’m not gonna discount the fact that it has been the most uncomfortable journey to attain that dream. May all this wait be so insanely worth it.

I had applied in August 2020 for EL/SS and every time I had asked for an update, its always been 'we are still processing your application' and most recently, covid related reasons. I'm hoping the arduous wait will be worth it. While I've been fortunate as well to hold a full time job, the painstaking wait for a career one is passionate about can be anxiety inducing and sometimes painful. Wishing you the best and I hope you get good news in due course! :)

ND2613

Reaction score
Hi, wondering if any midcareer was asked if they would consider other posts like MOE HQ, school counsellor, or teach higher levels and different subjects from what you were offered at interview?

thelittleflower

Reaction score
Hey! This is to anyone who is currently/has been in the civil service sector. Does anyone know what exactly MOE means/ what they do when they seek to contact your HR department within the civil service sector? Thank you!

rainbowmonster124

Reaction score
Hello! For those who applied for May/June 21 batch, has anyone attended the interview and been asked about EPT availability? I personally haven't.

zazamd

Reaction score
Hi all. Wanted to ask, what are the chances of us getting rejected after medical check up? I have a friend who went for interview in the same batch as me, 24 Sept 2021, and he got his offer letter on last Friday, 23 July 2021. Our medical check up was on 17 May 2021. Does anyone have any idea? It’s amusing that people in the same batch and same subject combi and level don’t get the offer letter at the same time. I was thinking if there was something amiss with my check up. I have no medical issues/history however my BMI is above the healthy range.

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Hi all. Wanted to ask, what are the chances of us getting rejected after medical check up? I have a friend who went for interview in the same batch as me, 24 Sept 2021, and he got his offer letter on last Friday, 23 July 2021. Our medical check up was on 17 May 2021. Does anyone have any idea? It’s amusing that people in the same batch and same subject combi and level don’t get the offer letter at the same time. I was thinking if there was something amiss with my check up. I have no medical issues/history however my BMI is above the healthy range.
Hi! May I know what subject combi is this and what level?

extinctdinosaurr

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am currently serving a one year untrained teaching stint. I have been cleared by my principal for NIE intake but am really unsure if this is the thing for me. I feel part of this has to do with the fact that i feel overwhelmed easily. I enjoy teaching but the sheer amount of work coming to me in all directions (paper-setting, admin work, CCAs, lesson planning, knowing syllabus content in and out) has gotten to me multiple times in the previous months. Is this a feeling all new teachers go through and will it feel less overwhelming with time? Perhaps once you have gotten used to it, it becomes second nature for instance?
Came across this post and I just want to say, you're not alone. I'm also serving my UT stint (since Jan) and I'm still unsure if I should go to NIE. There's more to the job than just teaching and more time is spent on admin work/lp/committee planning etc. Only a few more months to decide..

waterlemons

Reaction score
Hellu all, I’ve received the letter of rejection today! I’m fine because I’m also okay with being a tutor post graduation and I’m also relatively glad I can do more things concurrently! Just to let all of you know!

Lollipop1

Reaction score
Hellu all, I’ve received the letter of rejection today! I’m fine because I’m also okay with being a tutor post graduation and I’m also relatively glad I can do more things concurrently! Just to let all of you know!
Hi, you display a very positive attitude, which is very important in life. All the best for your future endeavours.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.