NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

QLoudy

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply! If I am not wrong the language test is based on your previous results be it O/A levels and degrees related to Arts and Social Science.

They did not ask me to take part in any language test so I can't help you with that haha! But no news is good news too! Perhaps like me, you don't need it!

QLoudy

Reaction score
Hello @QLoudy ! My tentative start date is 20 June 2022 too! I never knew there was this SRE scheme and the application period is over too :( When did you apply for the scheme? Lucky you!
I applied in Oct 2021... HAHA it was a 3 month wait for relief teaching to be approved..

ddmyuu

Reaction score
Has anyone who applied in the March intake been called up for interviews yet?
no, have you been called? the email mentioned application is considered unsuccessful if you yet to hear from us by 12apr which is like 2days later.😭

dfyy17

Reaction score
Hi anyone from Aug/Sep 2021?
Or anyone went for EPT and got the result (pass) what should we do?
Just wait or email the result to MOE?
Thanks!

ZQ110115

Reaction score
Hi anyone from Aug/Sep 2021?
Or anyone went for EPT and got the result (pass) what should we do?
Just wait or email the result to MOE?
Thanks!
I am from Jun 2021 batch and my interview is July 2021. I had EPT test and got the results around Feb 2022. Then I had the medical check at 25 Feb. Now still waiting the result.

dfyy17

Reaction score
I am from Jun 2021 batch and my interview is July 2021. I had EPT test and got the results around Feb 2022. Then I had the medical check at 25 Feb. Now still waiting the result.
So after you got the results, you just wait for MOE to get back to you? No need to email them your results right?
Anw you still rmbr how long do you hv to wait for MOE to get back to you after you received your ept results? 1 2 weeks?

lezaahhh

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone from DIPED art? My interview was on 30 March 2022 and I have not received any email from MOE since then.

chrispychicken

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Has anyone from the Jan/Feb 22 batch received info on medical/ept? it’s been about four weeks since i received a processing email 😫

Jayshin1992

Reaction score
I was just told by my school that my contract untrained teaching stint will be 1.5 years as they believe need to train at least 1 year.. anyone face this? So many of my batchmates are doing only 6 months..

sbetta

Reaction score
Hi there,

Although most schools stop practicing this as extra 6 months to a year more of untrained contract stint could delay your promotion in the later years when you start your actual teaching stint. However, at your end, it is likely not possible to change this practice at your school if your school leaders believe in this practice. Let's have a growth mindset, I would say that take this chance to experience a full year in school to see if you are able to handle the responsibilities as a teacher while clocking experiences that would helpful when you become a actual teacher. In the some cases, I do know of people who quit after the six month stint as they realized that teaching in main stream school is not for them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.