NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

lonely_driver

Reaction score
Then is the standard answer there? I am worried that my answer is not a good answer.

There is no standard answer. The panel are made of experienced educators. They will know if answers are coming from the heart or based on scripts.

If you ask me, just say what you feel and your belief. I did and I'm glad it turned out positive.

Definitely answers will be scrutinized. Without a doubt.

Cloudycloud

Reaction score
There is no standard answer. The panel are made of experienced educators. They will know if answers are coming from the heart or based on scripts.

If you ask me, just say what you feel and your belief. I did and I'm glad it turned out positive.

Definitely answers will be scrutinized. Without a doubt.

I am not going to have a script or something, but what if my feeling is not politically correct in Singapore's Education line? As in, some of my ideas might be too crazy/creative/open-minded...

Then at least I need to phrase and mask it... <_<

lonely_driver

Reaction score
I am not going to have a script or something, but what if my feeling is not politically correct in Singapore's Education line? As in, some of my ideas might be too crazy/creative/open-minded...

Then at least I need to phrase and mask it... <_<

They will ask about your opinions on certain matters related to being a teacher. Like why? and are you aware of the heavy admin load of being a teacher.

They will look through your essay answers and they will ask why you wrote it that way and your what was your mindset when you wrote that.

strawberryboomboom

Reaction score
Thank you! Terima kasih! Xiexie! Gamxia!

Can I just take a moment to thank all the kind people who have contributed their input, like lonely_driver, Cesium, and 13nc13ryan and many more? I'm sure you guys have helped many of us along the way!

Though I didn't get shortlisted, but thank you!!
:D=:p:o;):s8::s47::s21::flash:

Ha_08_Nie

Reaction score
Can I just take a moment to thank all the kind people who have contributed their input, like lonely_driver, Cesium, and 13nc13ryan and many more? I'm sure you guys have helped many of us along the way!

YES! Thank you for those who have shared their input. Strawberry, What did you apply for?

GilaQila

Reaction score
I went for interview on Tuesday. If anyone wants some advice or fresh take on the current interviews, pm me.

frozen5

Reaction score
Hi, I'm really anxious for the upcoming interview this week. Can any kind souls help advice me on the recent interviews please? Thank you..

rosemance

Reaction score
Hi GilaQila, are you able to share what was the question for the written task and/or your recent experience during the interview please? I am unable to send you a pm yet..

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i tio rejected oso.. no worries man..

Cloudycloud

Reaction score
Hi GilaQila, are you able to share what was the question for the written task and/or your recent experience during the interview please? I am unable to send you a pm yet..

There are about 30++ questions, based on the search that I did on glassdoor websites.

And I think there are some questions that I cannot come up with an answer that sounds alright to me. *sweating*

trnglr

Reaction score
i applied in the feb window and i finally got the email to go for medical. anyone here been through the medical already?

- is it possible to fail at this stage and not get into MOE?
- how long after doing the medical will MOE take to get back to you?

the wait is really killing me :(

lonely_driver

Reaction score
i applied in the feb window and i finally got the email to go for medical. anyone here been through the medical already?

congrats. once u receive the medical email, ur close.

it is possible to fail if you have any undeclared medical issues that prevent you from performing your duties as a teacher.

how long? tough to say. depending on the batch intake. some may be immediate, some may wait 4-6 months before signing the contract teaching.

lonely_driver

Reaction score

No problem. Happy to help everyone.

Cloudy123

Reaction score

Hi, is it possible to know your timeline?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.