NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Rtcninty2

Reaction score
I think during the interview they indicated that “the earliest starting date is in Feb” but prbly its just a way to buy them Time because they don’t commit to the latest starting date? 😰

Yeah looking at the timeline, I don’t think we are in time for Feb intake.

Sarahlara

Reaction score
Sarahlara, are you a fresh grad or a mid career change?
That’s a really huge gap from medical to posting!

I left my job due to some issues and it definitely looks like I have to get a temp one if the normal timeline is this Long!!

I'm mid career

Sarahlara

Reaction score
Hello! You should contact the principal of your school as soon as you receive the posting notification as the first day of the training coincides with the day you should report to the school. Just need to inform them that you have to attend the training and can only report to the school on 28th afternoon (for my case).

Anyway, what’s your core subjects and the school you’re posted to? :)

Hi Nejezs, mine is same as yours. I can only report to school on 28th (afternoon). You called the principal already? My core subjects are Pri Eng/Maths. What about yours? School is in Tampines.

nejezs

Reaction score
Hi Nejezs, mine is same as yours. I can only report to school on 28th (afternoon). You called the principal already? My core subjects are Pri Eng/Maths. What about yours? School is in Tampines.

Hello! Yup, I gave the principal a call the next morning after I have received the posting notification. Subsequently the HR and VP called me on 2 separate days to find out more about me etc.

Haha, I have the same core subjects as you! But my school is in Bukit Batok. Did you get a school near your place?

Lejardin

Reaction score
Hello! You should contact the principal of your school as soon as you receive the posting notification as the first day of the training coincides with the day you should report to the school. Just need to inform them that you have to attend the training and can only report to the school on 28th afternoon (for my case).

Anyway, what’s your core subjects and the school you’re posted to? :)

Hi, may I know if the school admin transferred you to speak to the principal when you called the school?thanks!

starmarshalxb

Reaction score
I just received unsuccessful email this afternoon.

My time line:

Applied on 4 Jul 2018,
Received email for interview on 4 Oct 2018,
Interview was on 8 Oct 2018,
Careers@Gov status changed to "shortlisted" on 12 Nov 2018, no shortlisted email received,
Received email from VITAL for medical check on 22 Nov 2018,
Medical check done on 23 Nov 2018,
Received unsuccessful email today (7 Dec 2018)

I have applied PGDE (mid-career) for 9 times. I attended an interview in 2017 as well and the outcome was unsuccessful.

It's quite demoralized. I have no idea whether I shall apply once again. Maybe I should look for something else.

Last edited:

huangsandra

Reaction score

My time line:

Applied on 4 Jul 2018,
Careers@Gov status changed to "shortlisted" on 12 Nov 2018, no shortlisted email received,

I have applied PDGE (mid-career) for 9 times. I attended an interview in 2017 as well and the outcome was unsuccessful.

It's quite demoralized. I have no idea whether I shall apply once again. Maybe I should look for something else.
It's so strange,because you have finished medical check up before received the unsuccessful email.

huangsandra

Reaction score

My time line:

Applied on 4 Jul 2018,

I have applied PDGE (mid-career) for 9 times. I attended an interview in 2017 as well and the outcome was unsuccessful.

If you like teaching don't give up,try next time. And what subjects
are you applying for?

starmarshalxb

Reaction score
If you like teaching don't give up,try next time. And what subjects
are you applying for?

I applied for Pri Chinese Language. I'm 37 now.

I will continue to reapply if possible.

I would like to know the reason they rejected me but unfortunately they wouldn't tell.

Well, in this case I'm afraid my path for teaching is blocked by their hidden requirements.

huangsandra

Reaction score
I applied for Pri Chinese Language. I'm 37 now.

I will continue to reapply if possible.

I would like to know the reason they rejected me but unfortunately they wouldn't tell.

Well, in this case I'm afraid my path for teaching is blocked by their hidden requirements.

I think age is not the problem,maybe the medical check up?Did you take the Chinese language ept?

starmarshalxb

Reaction score
I think age is not the problem,maybe the medical check up?Did you take the Chinese language ept?

I was exempted from ept.

Medical check results should be fine, blood sugar level 4.6(normal).

My BMI is a little bit high. <--- Could this be a killer for me? Lol.

Thank you for replying me Huangsandra.

huangsandra

Reaction score
I was exempted from ept.

BMI can't be the problem,anyway don't lose hope and try next time.

Cesium-137

Reaction score
I was exempted from ept.

im so sorry to hear that, the rejection must not have been easy especially since it is your 9th application .

Hais, this is quite worrying. i thought once we completed the medical with decent health the offer will be automatic, just got to wait for it. Now we know unless we see the actual offer , nothing is guaranteed.

Actually i suspect your rejection may be somewhat medical related. Do you mind sharing your BMI? i myself did gain quite abit of weight this year , but i should be still within the acceptable range. Im thinking , there must be a reason in the medical they took our weight and height? Maybe to calculate the risk. But then again , when i was in school , i remembered some of my teachers were overweight themselves ... but the weight could have been gained during the service . Gosh now im worried, how to enjoy the weekend already :(

starmarshalxb

Reaction score
im so sorry to hear that, the rejection must not have been easy especially since it is your 9th application .

Hais, this is quite worrying. i thought once we completed the medical with decent health the offer will be automatic, just got to wait for it. Now we know unless we see the actual offer , nothing is guaranteed.

Actually i suspect your rejection may be somewhat medical related. Do you mind sharing your BMI? i myself did gain quite abit of weight this year , but i should be still within the acceptable range. Im thinking , there must be a reason in the medical they took our weight and height? Maybe to calculate the risk. But then again , when i was in school , i remembered some of my teachers were overweight themselves ... but the weight could have been gained during the service . Gosh now im worried, how to enjoy the weekend already :(

I agreed with you. I lost my competitiveness right after the medical check, that's the problem.

But please don't be worried. Good luck.

Mamimo

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that starmarshal 😩. I wonder how stringent their medical requirements is, my Bmi is on the high side as well 😩😩.

You have no major health issues right? I wonder if it’s the whole pre-diabetic issue since it’s all the rage right now

My time line:

Applied on 4 Jul 2018,

I have applied PGDE (mid-career) for 9 times. I attended an interview in 2017 as well and the outcome was unsuccessful.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.