NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Teachercher2019

Reaction score
Hi all!

I attended the briefing today and it was mainly fresh uni graduates that made up of today’s batch, save for 2 more mid career switchers and I. The HR lady told me that they have several contract signings throughout the year, so don’t be disheartened just yet if you have not received any news.

wow thats nice! congrats! today you went to sign your offer?
how was your timeline like?

matyoyo88

Reaction score
Hi all!

I attended the briefing today and it was mainly fresh uni graduates that made up of today’s batch, save for 2 more mid career switchers and I. The HR lady told me that they have several contract signings throughout the year, so don’t be disheartened just yet if you have not received any news.

thx for the update. All the best for your future endeavours!

student1995

Reaction score
Hi all!

Thanks for updating us Origamimosa! Congrats!! Btw is this the final stage to acceptance? Did they ask you to go for medical?

Mamimo

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words Origamimosa!
When do you start teaching?

Hi all!

Origamimosa

Reaction score
wow thats nice! congrats! today you went to sign your offer?
how was your timeline like?

My timeline is notoriously long; 9-10months from interview stage right up until finally getting the coveted contract offer! I interviewed in July 2018, went for EPT in November 2018, Medical check up in Feb/March 2019, received contract offer April 2019.

Origamimosa

Reaction score
Thanks for updating us Origamimosa! Congrats!! Btw is this the final stage to acceptance? Did they ask you to go for medical?

I have finished my medical check up, so I would believe this would the the last stage of the interview before they decide to offer you a spot or not.

Last edited:

lostinmajesty

Reaction score
My timeline is notoriously long; 9-10months from interview stage right up until finally getting the coveted contract offer! I interviewed in July 2018, went for EPT in November 2018, Medical check up in Feb/March 2019, received contract offer April 2019.
Oh my, that must have been a really tough wait. But congrats on finally being able to secure your contract! All the best! :)

Guess we just have to wait patiently since the recruitment team are probably processing it batch by batch.

poodleparade

Reaction score
Okay update here, I just received the rejection email from moe. Kinda expected it since I didn’t do as well as I had hoped in the interview. I’ll be trying again for the next application tho:) Those who are still waiting for news, hang on! Good luck everyone!

student1995

Reaction score
Okay update here, I just received the rejection email from moe. Kinda expected it since I didn’t do as well as I had hoped in the interview. I’ll be trying again for the next application tho:) Those who are still waiting for news, hang on! Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the update poodleparade. Yes try again next time! This is my 4th time trying. You’ll get in eventually :))

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score

You went for interview early March? Did you status change from In process? Don’t give up!!!!!

mrskhalis

Reaction score

Thanks for updating poodleparade. Hope you'll do well for the next one. Jia you!

Laneyy

Reaction score
Interviewed on early March and my status changed to shortlisted today. Finally some "update" from MOE after 6 weeks of waiting. Hoping it's a good sign. To the rest of people who still waiting..hang in there!!!

Last edited:

Jflrm6996

Reaction score
Interviewed on early March and my status changed to shortlisted today. Finally some "update" from MOE after 6 weeks of waiting. Hoping it's a good sign. To the rest of people who still waiting..hang in there!!!
Great! Congrats!! What subjects did you apply for?

student1995

Reaction score
Hello thanks!! My subjects are Sec chi and chi lit..:)

Hello everyone. When we applied on the careers@gov portal, we had to indicated 2 subject combis. Just wondering it any of you get a call from MOE HR to consider the 2nd subject combo instead? (Different from the first subject that you presented the 5 min lesson on) bevause they might do that if the first subject choice does not have any vacancies at the moment.
Just thinking what would the process be like in this case then...

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
Hello everyone. When we applied on the careers@gov portal, we had to indicated 2 subject combis. Just wondering it any of you get a call from MOE HR to consider the 2nd subject combo instead? (Different from the first subject that you presented the 5 min lesson on) bevause they might do that if the first subject choice does not have any vacancies at the moment.
Just thinking what would the process be like in this case then...

You didn't get ur first choice?

student1995

Reaction score
You didn't get ur first choice?

I don’t know man! HR told me to go for a second interview for my 2nd teaching choice subject, I asked if this means my first interview outcome wasn’t successful. At first she said nothing is confirmed as of yet, they just want to see my suitability in teaching both subjects first. But then she said yeah it’s likelt my first interview wasn’t successful? BUT here’s the catch - rhe interview period for me is now in May and I’ll be away so I’ll have to attend during the next interview cycle. Apparently earliest date to enter NIE if successful is now Dec 2020 for me :((

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.