NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

chin_l

Reaction score
I applied for Sec schl (chi) and Sec schl (chi lit). They sent me an email to indicate availability for eng proficiency test n chi proficiency test if needed. But im not sure isit mus attend both or will be exempted.

Where you graduated from and which course you studied?

desmondwyson

Reaction score
Went for the interview on 9 July. Then just this monday, I got an email regarding signing up for the ept. If they haven't replied me abt the outcome isit no hope alrdy? :(

Hello all, I went for my interview on 1 July and I have yet to receive any outcomes yet. My status shows "In Process". Being a little anxious like all of you, I gave MOE HR a ring a while ago. I have checked and they will get back to all of us within 4 to 5 weeks, after the day of interview.

I took my English EPT previously and it has no expiry. So for those who think that it's a waste of money, it's not because this will mean that you need not take the test next time if you wish to apply for teaching again. Then again, I hope that everyone who went for the interview will get pass this gruesome wait.

Hope this puts all the eager passionate teachers at ease. :) Hope to see everyone in NIE!

Last edited:

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I went for my interview on 1 July and I have yet to receive any outcomes yet. My status shows "In Process". Being a little anxious like all of you, I gave MOE HR a ring a while ago. I have checked and they will get back to all of us within 4 to 5 weeks, after the day of interview.

I took my English EPT previously and it has no expiry. So for those who think that it's a waste of money, it's not because this will mean that you need not take the test next time if you wish to apply for teaching again. Then again, I hope that everyone who went for the interview will get pass this gruesome wait.

Hope this puts all the eager passionate teachers at ease. :) Hope to see everyone in NIE!
Hello. What were your shortlisted subjects?

aznotnurfurrr

Reaction score
Hello,

You will be required to pass all the stations then they’ll schedule the interview date! If you’re worried about the PPT, you’ll just really need to train beforehand. Personally, I had a huge difficulty with gymnastics but I just practiced a lot and thankfully, I passed the test so don’t worry! The test itself is quite chill?

Hi, anyone offered PGDE PE? I applied twice for Eng/Maths (Pri) but was offered PE instead. Both times I withdraw as PE requires to pass the PPT. Afraid if I apply again they will offer the same.

Anyone went for PPT before? What happen if we cannot do one of the station? eg. Gymnastics

Can we still be scheduled for interview?

Melodious wonderer

Reaction score
Hello,

You will be required to pass all the stations then they’ll schedule the interview date! If you’re worried about the PPT, you’ll just really need to train beforehand. Personally, I had a huge difficulty with gymnastics but I just practiced a lot and thankfully, I passed the test so don’t worry! The test itself is quite chill?

Hello.

U mean we have to clear the proficiency test before being considered for interview?

As of now the proficiency test date not available yet. While the next application window is in Aug, ie interview is in sept and oct.

Any idea when the test schedule will be out? How was ur timeline like?
Tks much for clarifying.

Melodious wonderer

Reaction score
Hi, anyone offered PGDE PE? I applied twice for Eng/Maths (Pri) but was offered PE instead. Both times I withdraw as PE requires to pass the PPT. Afraid if I apply again they will offer the same.

Anyone went for PPT before? What happen if we cannot do one of the station? eg. Gymnastics

Can we still be scheduled for interview?

Hi good morning.
May i know when was the rough period u applied? The latest round being when ah?

Tks for replying.

amyyee

Reaction score
Interviewed for Music (Pri) last Thurs and just received an email today to check availability to sit for EPT English and Music, if needed.
Does anyone know the format of EPT Music?

Last edited:

Ellesse2704

Reaction score
Interviewed for Music (Pri) last Thurs and just received an email today to check availability to sit for EPT English and Music, if needed.

Hihi, I went for an interview for music pri last thurs too but din receive any email :( I feel I really screwed up the interview so am bracing up for a rejection but at the same time still harbouring a glimmer of hope until the actual rejection comes in. May I know if you are a pgde or dip applicant ?

cherdarren

Reaction score
If there anyone of you didn't receive any email regarding the availability date for the EPT, after the interview?

cherdarren

Reaction score

You choose both availability dates for English and music? I thought if you are shortlisted for certain subjects(ie. mother tongue, music, or pe), you only required to sit the relevant ept right?

glutenmagic

Reaction score
Hi, I interviewed for Art (Pri) last Wednesday and also received the EPT email this afternoon. Was asked to choose between 1 Aug, 15 Aug or either.

Nugeme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EPT Confirmation

Has anyone from the May/Jun application window who has gone for the interview heard back from MOE regarding a confirmation to sit for the EPT?

cherdarren

Reaction score
Has anyone from the May/Jun application window who has gone for the interview heard back from MOE regarding a confirmation to sit for the EPT?

Hi, did you receive the email regarding the availability dates to sit the EPT?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.