NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

aznotnurfurrr

Reaction score
I received my rejection email this morning & also realised that the application window closed yesterday (sians) so I called MOE on regards to the nearest application window (or if I have any chance to apply this year) and they told me to apply again.... NEXT YEAR :)))))))

Kinda sad bcos teaching is the only thing that i’m certain about doing & I don’t really have a back-up plan for my life SO if anyone has a job opening, please hit me up :)

Emailed them also:

“We may wish to clarify that currently in Careers@gov, unsuccessful applicants are not able to submit a fresh application for the same job within 6 months from the date of their unsuccessful application. You can consider re-submitting your application after that.

Your application will be considered on its individual merit, in competition with other applications received in the same window.

Please note that your application for the position of a trained teacher will be considered based on our organisational requirements and only shortlisted candidates will be informed. For applicants who are unable to attend an interview in Singapore, their application may be processed outside of the above application windows.”

surferpunk

Reaction score
I received my rejection email this morning & also realised that the application window closed yesterday (sians) so I called MOE on regards to the nearest application window (or if I have any chance to apply this year) and they told me to apply again.... NEXT YEAR :)))))))

Kinda sad bcos teaching is the only thing that i’m certain about doing & I don’t really have a back-up plan for my life SO if anyone has a job opening, please hit me up :)

Let me just share my wife's experience. after poly, she applied for teaching. they gave her option only to teach Malay. she insist on General. was rejected. She applied to work with ICA meanwhile. after 3 rejections, mainly for as a Malay teacher or just rejected, she was accepted finally! Even so, it was just contract teaching for a year or so until the start of NIE. at any point of time, MOE can still reject her if her performances in her contract school was bad. 4 years later, completed Diploma and managed to crossover and complete the Degree programme. And guess the irony. She dropped out of JC after 2 years. Didn't get outstanding GPA for her poly. Purely perseverance to get into the Diploma Programme.

Ending up with a 2nd lower Hons, I would say remarkable considering her struggles from the start, from rejection letters, contract teaching, diploma and lastly, to degree. and now, she's doing well in her school. probably her personality helps a lot in the transition.

As compared to me, applied for NIE in first try, got in the first try. Direct into Degree programme (Maths major). Enjoy teaching in school but not the baggage that comes along with it. No longer with MOE now. I was given the easier opportunity, but it still wasn't the right fit for me in the end.

so to those who really want it, don't give up! but be careful to those who think it will be easy. If you're in the diploma programme, you need to work your ass to cross over into the degree programme. tough as it may, you will hate being just a diploma teacher in school. less progression, same workload as others. you sure?

Even after graduation, it's not an easy job. Depending on your school, certain bootlicking skills are required. you need to tank on more loads. BTs are not supposed to be overloaded, but who cares. somebody need to do it. and BTs are bottom of the foodchain. and NIE will suddenly feel easy. even 5 years later, it will be easier but you will crave to leave. for some, they can adapt. but for people like me, it's better for me to leave.

If you're socially awkward, tend to be honest most of the time, prefer things to be done your way(even if it's easier for everyone), hate changes that doesn't make common sense(due to higher ups' decisions), please don't even bother to join. It'll be harder for you. VERY VERY HARD! sure, some teachers are like that, but inside, most of them are constantly facing the struggles. your personality will determine how easy life will be in the school. especially, if you don't mind the bootlicking route to go up.

Last edited:

fishfillet96

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone who went for interview mid-late Jul got status changed to shortlisted? I applied for sec SS/Hist. Will there be a follow up email? Is there a probability that one gets rejected despite status change? The wait is killing me x.x

Mantoyak

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone who went for interview mid-late Jul got status changed to shortlisted? I applied for sec SS/Hist. Will there be a follow up email? Is there a probability that one gets rejected despite status change? The wait is killing me x.x

I have read earlier post, some even rejected after medical. LOL. Nothing is certain. I guess there will be more cuts even after you're shortlisted

Lynnie_xoxo

Reaction score
Let me just share my wife's experience. after poly, she applied for teaching. they gave her option only to teach Malay. she insist on General. was rejected. She applied to work with ICA meanwhile. after 3 rejections, mainly for as a Malay teacher or just rejected, she was accepted finally! Even so, it was just contract teaching for a year or so until the start of NIE. at any point of time, MOE can still reject her if her performances in her contract school was bad. 4 years later, completed Diploma and managed to crossover and complete the Degree programme. And guess the irony. She dropped out of JC after 2 years. Didn't get outstanding GPA for her poly. Purely perseverance to get into the Diploma Programme.

Ending up with a 2nd lower Hons, I would say remarkable considering her struggles from the start, from rejection letters, contract teaching, diploma and lastly, to degree. and now, she's doing well in her school. probably her personality helps a lot in the transition.

As compared to me, applied for NIE in first try, got in the first try. Direct into Degree programme (Maths major). Enjoy teaching in school but not the baggage that comes along with it. No longer with MOE now. I was given the easier opportunity, but it still wasn't the right fit for me in the end.

so to those who really want it, don't give up! but be careful to those who think it will be easy. If you're in the diploma programme, you need to work your ass to cross over into the degree programme. tough as it may, you will hate being just a diploma teacher in school. less progression, same workload as others. you sure?

Even after graduation, it's not an easy job. Depending on your school, certain bootlicking skills are required. you need to tank on more loads. BTs are not supposed to be overloaded, but who cares. somebody need to do it. and BTs are bottom of the foodchain. and NIE will suddenly feel easy. even 5 years later, it will be easier but you will crave to leave. for some, they can adapt. but for people like me, it's better for me to leave.

If you're socially awkward, tend to be honest most of the time, prefer things to be done your way(even if it's easier for everyone), hate changes that doesn't make common sense(due to higher ups' decisions), please don't even bother to join. It'll be harder for you. VERY VERY HARD! sure, some teachers are like that, but inside, most of them are constantly facing the struggles. your personality will determine how easy life will be in the school. especially, if you don't mind the bootlicking route to go up.

Hey there! What you shared was really insightful! I agree that personality fit is important too! So how would u describe ur wife's personality vs yrs, which makes her a better fit?

Thanks!

divannne

Reaction score
Any updates for those who applied in June and interviewed in August? And anyone applied to MOE kindergarten teaching? What's the timeline like?

glutenmagic

Reaction score
Does anyone know how badly one has to do to fail the untrained teaching stint?

When you are passionate and serious about being a Teacher, you won't be asking such questions. MOE's aim is to allow as many aspiring teachers as possible to pass their untrained teaching stint.

Last edited:

Lemoneyjuice

Reaction score
When you are passionate and serious about being a Teacher, you won't be asking such questions. MOE's aim is to allow as many aspiring teachers as possible to pass their untrained teaching stint.
It’s not that i’m not serious but rather i’m Very nervous. This would be my first formal observation and my school is not supplying any information.

divannne

Reaction score
It's ok. Just make sure you are fully prepared for your lesson and engage the students the best that you can. All the best for your observation!
It’s not that i’m not serious but rather i’m Very nervous. This would be my first formal observation and my school is not supplying any information.

glutenmagic

Reaction score

Wish you all the best too. If you have made it this far, just do your best and you'll be fine!

Just received a SMS and an email for medical checkup!! :)

Wow you are perhaps the first person in this batch to recieve the medical call up. Hope ours will arrive soon too.

Has anybody else recieved theirs too?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.