NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

FabulousFarmer

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, Octorabbit! Being able to leave by 5pm is good enough for me! I don’t mind staying late once/twice a week for CCA. I understand it will take a long time to catch up to my previous salary, but I’m at a different stage in life now so that’s ok. Good to know I won’t have to eat grass though 😂.

Guess I will put in my application in the jan/Feb window 🤞🏻

Hey!! All the best!! I hope you'll get it! I was an intern at a primary school a few months ago and met a mid career teacher. She used to be from HR. She was telling me how its all worth it and it's a more fulfilling job. Sometimes it may be tiring no doubt, but at the end of the day she has no regrets. :)

badchoices

Reaction score
Hi @badchoices,
I took the EPT last year, passed and gotten an offer from MOE. However, due to timing, I had to turn down the offer and was told that should I pass the offer, I'll have to apply again in future in competition with other applications... So I am glad that they did not "blacklist" people who turned down their offer previously!

Oh I see.. thanks for sharing! What a pity regarding the timing though.. hope the timing will be better for you this time round :)

Midlifecrisis83

Reaction score
Hey!! All the best!! I hope you'll get it! I was an intern at a primary school a few months ago and met a mid career teacher. She used to be from HR. She was telling me how its all worth it and it's a more fulfilling job. Sometimes it may be tiring no doubt, but at the end of the day she has no regrets. :)

Thanks so much FabulousFarmer. Love that ppl here are so positive and encouraging =)

sbetta

Reaction score
Hey all, did any fellow PE interviewee receive any updates regarding EPT or etc? If so, do share here :)

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
Anyway, for anyone starting or is doing the stint, a word of caution.
There can be teachers who will try to push the blame on you, or try to put you down because you are untrained. Personally experienced this as my RO sabotaged me. I have to stay in my school another year before intake to NIE because of my RO and the sabotages done toward me.

Whatever you do, be careful.

b4zabeat

Reaction score
There can be teachers who will try to push the blame on you, or try to put you down because you are untrained. Personally experienced this as my RO sabotaged me. I have to stay in my school another year before intake to NIE because of my RO and the sabotages done toward me.

For such situations will we be paid for doing that one more year?

nugunugget

Reaction score
Hello! Just wanted to ask if anybody applied for the Mid-Term Teaching Award! I’ve just gone for the interview, and have a psychometric test scheduled for next week.

My friends who took it previously only had to do the personality portion, but it seems that I will be doing the whole test, according to the email they sent. Anybody have the same experience? Please do share ):

Last edited:

nooz17

Reaction score

damn, that's rough. take care man.

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
Because one of my friends also didn't manage to pass the contract teaching, and he left.

Maybe he found it unsuitable for him? For me I’m still very passionate in teaching but it’s the other teachers that are killing it for me. Just need to endure for another year and hopefully I will pass into NIE next year

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Maybe he found it unsuitable for him? For me I’m still very passionate in teaching but it’s the other teachers that are killing it for me. Just need to endure for another year and hopefully I will pass into NIE next year

He don't want to wait. I also do know someone who cleared the contract teaching but didn't want to resume to go NIE because she feels it is not suitable for her.

Will you be doing it in the same school?

Last edited:

Betomut

Reaction score

Can i ask if there is any penalty fee if u decide to leave After completing the teaching stint?

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Can i ask if there is any penalty fee if u decide to leave After completing the teaching stint?

I don't think so, because it is like a probation try out for you. But once you accept the offer to go in NIE it will be bonded.

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
He don't want to wait. I also do know someone who cleared the contract teaching but didn't want to resume to go NIE because she feels it is not suitable for her.

Will you be doing it in the same school?

Yes same school. Hopefully can pass this time

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.