NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

dancingwitch

Reaction score
Hi guys,

for those who have gotten into MOE/gone for the interview, is it very important to prepare an out of the box class to impress them?

Or is it ok to prepare a normal class and focus more on the part of managing them as students?

Any tips on the lesson demo? I would greatly appreciate if you can share what you did during the lesson demo :)

In my opinion, you need to know the syllabus well. Possible questions related to your lesson they might ask are 'What is your rationale in teaching this/in this manner?', 'Do you know the syllabus for (insert whichever level you are teaching)', 'How can you further improve this lesson if you had more time?'

I conducted my class with worksheets as well. The interviewers were not very disruptive but they asked some questions based on the class (as students) and I had to think on my feet. A friend brought props but the interviewers rolled/threw it around, so she had to manage their behavior.

Just be well prepared for it and all the best!

jtayyy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

for those who have gotten into MOE/gone for the interview, is it very important to prepare an out of the box class to impress them?

Or is it ok to prepare a normal class and focus more on the part of managing them as students?

Any tips on the lesson demo? I would greatly appreciate if you can share what you did during the lesson demo :)

Hello!!! Just my 2 cents regarding this, I have only went for interview once so I dare not vouch for all other interviews, so this is really just about my own experience since I have only went for interview once. I got a very disruptive panel. I prepared a very normal and short lesson to teach vocab. I only started by saying “Please flip to the textbook page xx” (I brought along a secondary textbook I borrowed, so I was able to say that sentence) and once I said that all three members of the panel raised questions immediately. Saying they don’t have the book, why do I need to bring a book, a book is so heavy I don’t want to bring it. Or like I have the book but I refuse to share with my classmate. I had a lot of questions from the panel, and when I finally got around to starting my teaching demo, I believe I answered 5-6 questions already. And for my teaching, I only taught just one word of vocab, was spammed with a lot of questions again. Once I was done answering, the panel then said I am able to sit down. So I feel that the focus is about how you manage the situation and not to be thrown off your feet even if the panel surprises you with a lot of questions, to be calm while answering them all. Not so much about the teaching, but that being said, you cannot teach anything that is not content accurate. For that one word of vocab, I was actually tested on my depth of knowledge in the language as well when one of the panel members asked me an unexpected question.

davidisrael

Reaction score
Hiiii guys....anyone in the may-june 2020 batch?
I applied on March 24th...I received an email that my application was received on May 18 and again on June 4 I received another message and email requiring additional information . No other update yet...any suggestions?

Hi Afshan,

I too applied on the 12th of March 2020 as part of the May-June 2020 window for the PGDE program but didn't receive an acknowledgment email or any such correspondence. Could you confirm if you applied for the PGDE program or anything else cause when I had, by mistake, applied for the TTS program in the previous window, I had received such emails that acknowledged my application and also requested for additional information but eventually it got rejected without an interview or any such progress.

Also, could anyone confirm if not receiving at least the acknowledgement email is a bad sign? My status in the portal is still 'Submitted'.

Just realised MOE had sent me an email yesterday. Not successful. All the best to the rest!

Hi sleeping_giant1820,

Thank you for your wishes. Do keep applying and trying for such opportunities because we can never know when it clicks and somehow, they usually fall in place at the right time when considered w.r.t the 'Big Picture' (despite what we think of it). All the very best for your future endeavors. Take care.

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Also, could anyone confirm if not receiving at least the acknowledgement email is a bad sign? My status in the portal is still 'Submitted'.

I remember they always send me an acknowledgement email when I applied last year and the year before

davidisrael

Reaction score
I remember they always send me an acknowledgement email when I applied last year and the year before

That's not fair, another reason for me to panic. Perhaps, I will wait for a couple of more working days and then shoot them an email to enquire about my circumstances.

hamsstter

Reaction score
Hello is there anyone from jan/feb window who was allocated sec school subjects? May I know if you guys have heard from MOE about medical? I had my interview in march but no concrete news ever since >< Oh, and my status changed to shortlisted but yeah that's all ><

Reaction score
Hi Afshan,

I too applied on the 12th of March 2020 as part of the May-June 2020 window for the PGDE program but didn't receive an acknowledgment email or any such correspondence. Could you confirm if you applied for the PGDE program or anything else cause when I had, by mistake, applied for the TTS program in the previous window, I had received such emails that acknowledged my application and also requested for additional information but eventually it got rejected without an interview or any such progress.

Hi sleeping_giant1820,

Thank you for your wishes. Do keep applying and trying for such opportunities because we can never know when it clicks and somehow, they usually fall in place at the right time when considered w.r.t the 'Big Picture' (despite what we think of it). All the very best for your future endeavors. Take care.

Thanks! Its important to be positive. All the best with your application. If you need any perspectives regarding your application, feel free to PM me.

onestraightarc

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hi! You can drop me a PM and I am willing to share my experience and views with you :)

Afshan

Reaction score
Hi Afshan,

Hiiii...thank you for sharing first! My status is also submitted. I also applied for PGDE.I think everyone will receive the acknowledgement email.But what about the sms and email with application number requiring the additional transcripts...anyone else who could share with me???

davidisrael

Reaction score
Hi Afshan,

Hiiii...thank you for sharing first! My status is also submitted. I also applied for PGDE.I think everyone will receive the acknowledgement email.But what about the sms and email with application number requiring the additional transcripts...anyone else who could share with me???

Hi Afshan,

Great, thanks for confirming. Yeah, I'm wondering why I didn't receive the acknowledgment email. I don't think I will get an SMS or so as I am applying from India. Also, I have already attached all the necessary documents including the transcripts in my application itself so I presume the information they request after the application is always either when they need the missing information that was requested of us in the application or when they feel they would like to get more information on what has already been sent over.

W.r.t your application, just like me, it is best to wait till July 13th, which is the last date till when applications will be reviewed but if you are becoming restless like me since we applied pretty early (in March), we can think of sending them an email requesting an update on our application.

jojo13579

Reaction score
Hi JoJo, mind if I ask what’s your qualification? I applied on 3rd May and didn’t receive any emails... I’m from SIM and applied for Pri Chinese. They don’t accept private degree?

Hello! I’m from SIT, applied for Pri Eng/Math. Maybe you will receive yours soon! There’s people that applied around the same time as me and still had not gotten yet, so I don’t think they go by the date you applied. Don’t lose hope!

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Hi! Did anyone tried rescheduling an interview before?

You can try but don't keep your hopes up.

My friend was overseas when shortlisted for interview and tried to reschedule. They told him to reapply again the next window.

They always have many candidates every window, hence they may not entertain some requests, for example things like changing subjects.

Afshan

Reaction score
Hi Afshan,

Great, thanks for confirming. Yeah, I'm wondering why I didn't receive the acknowledgment email. I don't think I will get an SMS or so as I am applying from India. Also, I have already attached all the necessary documents including the transcripts in my application itself so I presume the information they request after the application is always either when they need the missing information that was requested of us in the application or when they feel they would like to get more information on what has already been sent over.

W.r.t your application, just like me, it is best to wait till July 13th, which is the last date till when applications will be reviewed but if you are becoming restless like me since we applied pretty early (in March), we can think of sending them an email requesting an update on our application.

Yes...sure ..hope to be patient.

Onlymybest

Reaction score
Hi they did not follow it up with a call. Only an email with the relevant documents for signing was sent along with an SMS notification. Also please note that the sender for this email would be particular staff and not the typical moe ru email address. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply!

hameedmr

Reaction score
Hi! Did anyone tried rescheduling an interview before?

Try your best not to reschedule. I know someone who applied to go to NIE after A levels. When he rescheduled his interview, the new date he was given was one day before the results were due to be released so it's like almost just a formality to reject him.

jojo13579

Reaction score
Try your best not to reschedule. I know someone who applied to go to NIE after A levels. When he rescheduled his interview, the new date he was given was one day before the results were due to be released so it's like almost just a formality to reject him.
Yeah! Saw their reply and didn't dare to reschedule already. Went for it today. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.