NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

beaconofhope

Reaction score
HTML:

I went for primary school interview in mid February 2020. Only had a change to shortlisted status. Can any seasoned applicants or previous successful applicants shed some light as to what are my chances of getting in? Still awaiting medical interview.

I am a mid career and had declined an offer in May seeing that teaching is my newfound passion but i dont know if i should hold out much longer if another opportunity arise.

Last edited:

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello! I’m from SIT, applied for Pri Eng/Math. Maybe you will receive yours soon! There’s people that applied around the same time as me and still had not gotten yet, so I don’t think they go by the date you applied. Don’t lose hope!

Hi jojo,

How was your interview today? Do you mind sharing with us what qns was asked?

With regards,
Jeffrey

b4zabeat

Reaction score
HTML:

I went for primary school interview in mid February 2020. Only had a change to shortlisted status. Can any seasoned applicants or previous successful applicants shed some light as to what are my chances of getting in? Still awaiting medical interview.

I am a mid career and had declined an offer in May seeing that teaching is my newfound passion but i dont know if i should hold out much longer if another opportunity arise.

Generally the status on career@gov for MOE is quite accurate. I feel you will have a high chance of getting in. Rarely get rejected at medical stage but can happen, because nothing is confirmed unless signed the final thing.

beaconofhope

Reaction score
Generally the status on career@gov for MOE is quite accurate. I feel you will have a high chance of getting in. Rarely get rejected at medical stage but can happen, because nothing is confirmed unless signed the final thing.

Thanks. But i havent gone for medical yet though. No medical email as of yet. Are they thinking of putting people like me in december? Are the two windows always strict or is there leeway - example mid aug intake?

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Thanks. But i havent gone for medical yet though. No medical email as of yet. Are they thinking of putting people like me in december? Are the two windows always strict or is there leeway - example mid aug intake?

It might be possible that the contract teaching slots for July are already full. Usually contract teaching starts in Jan or July, and NIE training at Dec.

I don't think there will be a mid Aug intake, because there won't be enough time to access if you are suitable to be sent to NIE for further training. Usually they want people to try out teaching for about half a year at least.

beaconofhope

Reaction score
It might be possible that the contract teaching slots for July are already full. Usually contract teaching starts in Jan or July, and NIE training at Dec.

I don't think there will be a mid Aug intake, because there won't be enough time to access if you are suitable to be sent to NIE for further training. Usually they want people to try out teaching for about half a year at least.

Wow. Means a rejection email is pending because there are no slots in July anymore?

Steorra

Reaction score
I got shortlisted for PE too! You guys going for PPT? i failed the PPT test previously

Hey, isn’t my preferred subject choice. Didn’t even select it, so decided to opt out of it. Still keeping my fingers crossed for alternative teaching subjects. Will you be going?

rnrasy

Reaction score
Hi All, anyone here that did their medical on the 2nd week of june but haven’t got an update yet?

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Wow. Means a rejection email is pending because there are no slots in July anymore?

Only if they do not wish to push your application for the next contract teaching opportunity. But your status is 'shortlisted', so there should still be some good chance that you are not rejected yet.

However from my experience and observation, they do reject people after a long wait.

My batchmates and I were rejected after waiting 3 months, but our statuses are 'in process' all along. We received some sort of email telling us that our application is still processing while waiting. Another colleague of mine was rejected after waiting close to 5 months. She was informed about some EPT details if she is required to take. But I am unsure about her application status back then.

If you are a fresh grad or unemployed I would recommend you to start applying other jobs because the market is very bad now.

Last edited:

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, isn’t my preferred subject choice. Didn’t even select it, so decided to opt out of it. Still keeping my fingers crossed for alternative teaching subjects. Will you be going?

tinking though, they say PE teachers always most relac in sch one lol. PE was not my preferred subject

Wnleong

Reaction score
i not sure i failed the gymnastic part or swimming. cuz the swimming i forget touch the end wall previously, damn stupid

Will they tell u if u fail? Or they would just keep quiet? HAHA is the grammatical tough? Izit sure fail if can’t roll? Hahah

Steorra

Reaction score
tinking though, they say PE teachers always most relac in sch one lol. PE was not my preferred subject

Gotta register by today right. Guess you could try if you don’t mind! What was your preferred tho? Still remains a mystery to me on how I got that sub! Haha.

hameedmr

Reaction score

Iirc to start contract teaching in July, you should get the offer in June. They'll usually send at least 1 month in advance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.