NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

b4zabeat

Reaction score
My friend went for the interview and he said that during the lesson demo the panel said "ok you can stop now and sit down for the interview." Is the panel satisfied with the lesson or they feel that he's really bad that they stopped him?

It depends. Maybe the 5 min is up.

Usually you won't be able to teach finish what you planned

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello!

My interview was alright!

Questions asked were
- Why do I want to teach?
- What is one thing I would do differently from my teachers?
- If this is not your preferred subject, what are you going to do to take up the challenge?

I saw that you got your interview slot! All the best for it! Do get there early as it is a long walk to the interview centre!

Hi jojo,

Thanks for the information. Wish you the best of luck for the outcome of ur interview :) Did u apply during the May application window?

With regards,
Jeffrey

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wishing you all the best of luck for the PPT & everything after! Perhaps would have seen you all if I had decided to take it too :s13:

Ryan, I read several of your post on the forums previously. Your determination & perseverance is commendable! Hopefully I’d be able to do the same.

Cheers guys!

You got offered PE too? The guys I met when I took PPT last October, all very strong and encouraging.

Thanks! I feel like I can teach Maths really well, cuz my students always tell me to take over their teachers, but never gotten a chance with MOE.

Steorra

Reaction score
Haha ya. But I replied that I had no interest in the subject and hope to be considered for others. May not be a good move, but I don’t think I can benefit the students if I were to take them for PE.

It’s a long shot for me too I guess. Applied during the early stages of my final year without getting a reply too. Quite demoralising tbh.

You got offered PE too? The guys I met when I took PPT last October, all very strong and encouraging.

Thanks! I feel like I can teach Maths really well, cuz my students always tell me to take over their teachers, but never gotten a chance with MOE.

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha ya. But I replied that I had no interest in the subject and hope to be considered for others. May not be a good move, but I don’t think I can benefit the students if I were to take them for PE.

It’s a long shot for me too I guess. Applied during the early stages of my final year without getting a reply too. Quite demoralising tbh.

Which subjects did you apply for? Actually last year when I failed PPT, they called me for other subjects then I indicated I want Maths, after that they told me fill up some form and will schedule interview, then no sound after. Yeah its very demoralizing, really dont know what they look for.

But PE they will train you for 2 years, which I dont know why is it so long.

Steorra

Reaction score
Sci. Bio to be exact. Oh, I thought it will be the end of it if I were to fail the PPT. Haha. Guess we’ll just have to keep trying until we succeed.

Which subjects did you apply for? Actually last year when I failed PPT, they called me for other subjects then I indicated I want Maths, after that they told me fill up some form and will schedule interview, then no sound after. Yeah its very demoralizing, really dont know what they look for.

Last edited:

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sci. Bio to be exact. Oh, I thought it will be the end of it if I were to fail the PPT. Haha. Guess we’ll just have to keep trying until we succeed.

They say they noted that I have Maths Masters and some music grade then ask my preference. Then I say I prefer Maths. Then after they no sound.

Bio should be quite widely needed though. strange. Then what you doing in the meantime? tuition?

Steorra

Reaction score
Must have been demoralising having your hopes dashed again. We really have no idea what they are looking at. Have been giving tuition throughout my undergrad years. Now that I’ve just graduated, am still giving tuition while looking ard.

Oh, I don’t usually hear much about bio. So not sure of their ‘demand’. Their selection remains very much a mystery, I guess.

They say they noted that I have Maths Masters and some music grade then ask my preference. Then I say I prefer Maths. Then after they no sound.

Bio should be quite widely needed though. strange. Then what you doing in the meantime? tuition?

Last edited:

jojo13579

Reaction score
Hi jojo,

Thanks for the information. Wish you the best of luck for the outcome of ur interview :) Did u apply during the May application window?

With regards,
Jeffrey

Hello! Thank you! Yup, I applied during the May application window period.

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Must have been demoralising having your hopes dashed again. We really have no idea what they are looking at. Have been giving tuition throughout my undergrad years. Now that I’ve just graduated, am still giving tuition while looking ard.

Oh, I don’t usually hear much about bio. So not sure of their ‘demand’. Their selection remains very much a mystery, I guess.

There is little demand for math and science teachers, especially at secondary and JC level.

Similar as you, I gave tuition during my undergrad years, and also did relief teaching after grad.

Steorra

Reaction score
Yeah. Thanks for the input! Gotta take it in stride.

There is little demand for math and science teachers, especially at secondary and JC level.

Similar as you, I gave tuition during my undergrad years, and also did relief teaching after grad.

13nc13ryan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yeah, but when they came NUS, they keep saying got vacancy for Maths, make my hopes high only. You never thought of joining tuition centre full time while waiting?

Steorra

Reaction score
I attended one of their talks @ NUS too, & got motivated to persevere (w the applications) even more! Haha. Eh, just graduated so applied for several different jobs (that included). Will wait and see now!

yeah, but when they came NUS, they keep saying got vacancy for Maths, make my hopes high only. You never thought of joining tuition centre full time while waiting?

Last edited:

Lynnie_xoxo

Reaction score
Hello!

I hope I'm not too late in replying you. My interview was fine I guess.

Do get there early as there is a long walk from the security post to the interview centre. The people there were nice. You will be given a face shield to be used during the interview. After submitting your documents, you will sit for the 20 minutes essay writing and then wait for your turn to get into the interview room.

I had 3 people as my interviewers. The class presentation part was not as difficult as my "class" was not disruptive.

Questions I was asked were:
- Why do I want to teach?
- What is one thing you would like to do differently from your teachers?
- Since it is not your preferred choice, how are you going to take up the role if you're successful?

All the best for your interview!:)
Hi jojo13579,

thank you so much for sharing and i wish you all the best!

do you know how many questions do they ask on average?

also ,regarding the question on "Since it is not your preferred choice, how are you going to take up the role if you're successful?" , did they ask u that coz they offered you a different subject which was not what you chose?

Wnleong

Reaction score

What other subjects they gave you?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.