NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Reaction score
Hello!
Congrats to all who has been offered! 👏

Would like to check with fellow mid-career applicants, anyone here has stated 2 months as your notice period?

(my employer actually requires us to serve a 2 months notice after probation is cleared, 1 mth if anytime before clearing - mine is due to pass in Mid June and I'll be applying for this batch's Jan 2021).

I'm afraid that they might only notify in June 2021 and ask to start the untrained teaching stint in July 2021.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you! Personally, I think if you were to apply for this January 2021 batch, there is a high possibility for you to only commence in December 2021 as there’s many applicants from the May/June 2020, June/July/August 2020 and August/September 2020 batches who have not even done their medical OR gotten offered yet. For me, I’ll be commencing my stint this coming Feb, but like I’ve mentioned earlier, there’s still many applicants waiting to be offered and even those who haven’t gone for their medical!

All the best to you!

Anishar

Reaction score
What level and subject did u apply for?
English and SS (Pri) . How about yourself? Recevied a computer generated email: Dear Applicant

Thank you for your time and effort in applying for the above position.

Your application will be processed within 4-5 weeks of the application closing date...

Dont know if its meant for all?

Faithx1234567

Reaction score
English and SS (Pri) . How about yourself? Recevied a computer generated email: Dear Applicant

Thank you for your time and effort in applying for the above position.

Your application will be processed within 4-5 weeks of the application closing date...

Dont know if its meant for all?

Hi , I applied in 2020 july / aug period , im still waiting for acceptance. I just went for medical check up . I applied for chinese lang ( sec) but i think moe might offer me pri sch chinese instead , if im accepted ...

hlannie

Reaction score
Hi , I applied in 2020 july / aug period , im still waiting for acceptance. I just went for medical check up . I applied for chinese lang ( sec) but i think moe might offer me pri sch chinese instead , if im accepted ...

Hi when did u go for EPT AND medical check up?

Faithx1234567

Reaction score
Hi when did u go for EPT AND medical check up?

Hi I didnt go for EPT as I couldnt make it for the dates , and MOE didnt follow up on that . Im a Chinese Maj in NTU, idk if that exempted me from EPT? Tbh idk if im exempted also 😅

I went for med check up on 26 Jan ... 2 days ago?

Curiosity01

Reaction score
Hi,

Can I kindly check if anyone can PM me to show me how does the offer email looks like?

I just received an offer from MOE (I think?) But they want to call my HR and they also mention that my application is still in process

sababdrzk

Reaction score
Hi,

Can I kindly check if anyone can PM me to show me how does the offer email looks like?

I just received an offer from MOE (I think?) But they want to call my HR and they also mention that my application is still in process

Hello! I think I received the same “almost offer”. I just completed my medical checkup (I went for medical checkup in Oct 2020, but did not do the X-ray as I was pregnant then. So I only went for the X-ray last week - appt was fixed by them). Took the EPT in October 2020 too.

So now I guess with both medical check up and EPT done, I’m hoping to get a confirmed offer soon.

Also, can I check if you’re working in a govt org? Bec I am, so I thought that’s SOP.

Last edited:

Curiosity01

Reaction score
Hello! I think I received the same “almost offer”. I just completed my medical checkup (I went for medical checkup in Oct 2020, but did not do the X-ray as I was pregnant then. So I only went for the X-ray last week - appt was fixed by them). Took the EPT in October 2020 too.

So now I guess with both medical check up and EPT done, I’m hoping to get a confirmed offer soon.

Also, can I check if you’re working in a govt org? Bec I am, so I thought that’s SOP.

Hello,

Yes, I am currently working in one of the Ministry. If so, then probably we are kinda on the same ship?

Nnameless

Reaction score
Hi,

It starts with "POSSIBLE OFFER OF APPOINTMENT TO THE EDUCATION SERVICE ON A SHORT-TERM CONTRACT". Your application is probably still in process, but it's a good sign.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.