NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

sladey

Reaction score
Received a call and email for interview next week, good luck to everyone applying with the February/March batch. :)

Miloiced

Reaction score
I applied for JC Biology and Sec Geography (Since they stated that JC specialization need to state one subject at JC and Secondary level respectively). But well, ultimately it is up to them to decide what subjects and level to offer me IF they select me this time. :/

Hoping you'll be able to teach both subjects, otherwise at least one of the above!

Good luck! 😁

YT_487X2

Reaction score
MOE Trained Teacher Interview (Sept 2020 Application Window)

Hi guys, new to this forum!

Have been reading through the threads here and was just wondering if any of you were trained teacher who left the service and is now looking to re-join MOE? Having worked in other industries, I realised that teaching is still very much what I want to do...

Have been to 2 rounds of interview in December 2020 last year, status is "in process" since then with no other updates.. have emailed MOE but received reply that my application is still in process...

MOE's website stated that successful applicants for Sept application window will be deployed to schools in Mar 2021, it's now less than a month away... just wondering if anyone out there has similar experience? Should I continue to wait... or...?

Will MOE officially update the status on Careers@gov to "Unsuccessful" if I am not selected?

Last edited:

Miloiced

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to this forum!

Have been reading through the threads here and was just wondering if any of you were trained teacher who left the service and is now looking to re-join MOE? Having worked in other industries, I realised that teaching is still very much what I want to do...

Have been to 2 rounds of interview in December 2020 last year, status is "in process" since then with no other updates.. have emailed MOE but received reply that my application is still in process...

MOE's website stated that successful applicants for Sept application window will be deployed to schools in Mar 2021, it's now less than a month away... just wondering if anyone out there has similar experience? Should I continue to wait... or...?

Will MOE officially update the status on Careers@gov to "Unsuccessful" if I am not selected?

Hello! I've not joined teaching before but have applied several times over a couple of years.

They do update the status to "Unsuccessful" if you're not selected.

At the same time, you'll receive an email for the rejection as well.

Its just a very long wait. Hope for the best! 😁

YT_487X2

Reaction score
Hello! I've not joined teaching before but have applied several times over a couple of years.

They do update the status to "Unsuccessful" if you're not selected.

At the same time, you'll receive an email for the rejection as well.

Its just a very long wait. Hope for the best! 😁
@Miloiced

Thanks for your reply! Think I'll continue to hang on for the time being

MobileAir

Reaction score
Second time trying for pgde. Both times got shortlisted for Pri English & Maths. Previously presented on second subject Maths but this time they explicitly stated to present on English.

Anybody can share what to present for Pri English? I ran through the syllabus & it's all pretty vague, whereas for Maths, there are defined topics you can pick. Thanks in advance!

escarelle

Reaction score
Second time trying for pgde. Both times got shortlisted for Pri English & Maths. Previously presented on second subject Maths but this time they explicitly stated to present on English.

Anybody can share what to present for Pri English? I ran through the syllabus & it's all pretty vague, whereas for Maths, there are defined topics you can pick. Thanks in advance!
Nice! All the best to you. :) I never had gotten call for a single interview before.:( Third time applying.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.