NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am trying to apply to NIE and it has been almost a year since i started relief teaching in my current primary school. The school has agreed to write me a letter to help me with my application. May I know what would be good for them to include in my letter? Does anyone here have any letters written for them by the school before? Thank you!

Basically, your contributions to the school! What have you been involved in/were involved in. If it's something related to your subject combo of choice, then that'll be even better. A letter recommendation/testimonial should serve to put you in the best light of your teaching experiences, contributions as well as your strengths and interests.

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Hi.

Anybody who’d gotten an email on 12 Jan stating that the news of your offer would be delayed till 8 June(today), still waiting to receive any news from them?

The last I heard from them was on that 12 Jan, before my medical appt in March. Now I’m really worried if there’s going to be another delay again. 🥺

Curiosity01

Reaction score
Hi.

Anybody who’d gotten an email on 12 Jan stating that the news of your offer would be delayed till 8 June(today), still waiting to receive any news from them?

The last I heard from them was on that 12 Jan, before my medical appt in March. Now I’m really worried if there’s going to be another delay again. 🥺
You might want to wait till end of today? The last time round I received the update was at 10pm.

thelittleflower

Reaction score
Basically, your contributions to the school! What have you been involved in/were involved in. If it's something related to your subject combo of choice, then that'll be even better. A letter recommendation/testimonial should serve to put you in the best light of your teaching experiences, contributions as well as your strengths and interests.
Hi there! I'm
Hi.

Hi there hzlntmlktea, I'm in the same boat and am worried that there may be a delay again. The wait is exhausting 🥺

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm

Hi there hzlntmlktea, I'm in the same boat and am worried that there may be a delay again. The wait is exhausting 🥺
Guys, indeed it’s true. There’s another delay.😔 just mentioned that due to Covid restrictions and the recent Heightened Alert that more time is required. So the earliest start date will now be....from Dec 2021.

And I’m from the Jul-Aug 2020 batch. I’m truly at a loss for words.

Just one positive takeaway that I have from all of this agonising experience is that it is still not a “No”. Just...gotta wait. So yea guys, still waiting.

@thelittleflower , are you from Jul-Aug 2020 batch also? I wonder how many more there still are from this batch.

Jomini91

Reaction score
Guys, indeed it’s true. There’s another delay.😔 just mentioned that due to Covid restrictions and the recent Heightened Alert that more time is required. So the earliest start date will now be....from Dec 2021.

Just one positive takeaway that I have from all of this agonising experience is that it is still not a “No”. Just...gotta wait. So yea guys, still waiting.

@thelittleflower , are you from Jul-Aug 2020 batch also? I wonder how many more there still are from this batch.

Hey hzlntmlktea. Like you, I received the same email on Tues. I applied for Eng/His (Sec) in Jan/Feb 2021. I was anticipating a July start after going for my medical last month.

However, the notification of a possible commencement date in December caused my heart to sink. I'm still gobsmacked. I can't imagine what it must feel like for you. In essence, come the end of the year, you will have waited for one-and-a-half years for the offer letter and appointment briefing :cry:.

I guess I can take comfort in the fact that I've not been rejected. Still, the wait has become torturous. Do you think there is a possibility that if Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, they may expedite the process for all of us?

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Hey hzlntmlktea. Like you, I received the same email on Tues. I applied for Eng/His (Sec) in Jan/Feb 2021. I was anticipating a July start after going for my medical last month.

However, the notification of a possible commencement date in December caused my heart to sink. I'm still gobsmacked. I can't imagine what it must feel like for you. In essence, come the end of the year, you will have waited for one-and-a-half years for the offer letter and appointment briefing :cry:.

I guess I can take comfort in the fact that I've not been rejected. Still, the wait has become torturous. Do you think there is a possibility that if Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, they may expedite the process for all of us?
Hey Jomini91, thank you for feeling me 😅 appreciate your reply and it comforted me somehow to know that we're not alone in this! It crushed me tbh after waiting for so long and I felt very compelled to reply to their email but at that time I was feeling very frustrated and thought it wasn't such a good idea 😂 also I didn't wanna ruin my chances lol!

I just truly wonder about the system in their processes. It has always been a huge mystery for all of us 😅 and now with more new application windows, will they prioritize the earlier batches or is everything sorted at random? And maybe they're really experiencing difficulties with expediting all our applications, especially with these unforeseen times...

Let's just hope for the best! I sincerely hope that all these waiting will pay off. 🌷

hlannie

Reaction score

Me, we are same batch. I am really sad cus i resigned from my job thinking of the offer may come in by 8th JUNE

Jomini91

Reaction score
Hey Jomini91, thank you for feeling me 😅 appreciate your reply and it comforted me somehow to know that we're not alone in this! It crushed me tbh after waiting for so long and I felt very compelled to reply to their email but at that time I was feeling very frustrated and thought it wasn't such a good idea 😂 also I didn't wanna ruin my chances lol!

I just truly wonder about the system in their processes. It has always been a huge mystery for all of us 😅 and now with more new application windows, will they prioritize the earlier batches or is everything sorted at random? And maybe they're really experiencing difficulties with expediting all our applications, especially with these unforeseen times...

Let's just hope for the best! I sincerely hope that all these waiting will pay off. 🌷
No worries there! I'm glad that my words are somewhat comforting ha ha. There are plenty of people in the same boat as us. I don't know how they select people and choose who to appoint at certain times. I think MOE is simply experiencing a backlog of applications due to Covid-19. I hope they prioritise earlier batches first because if you guys are delayed, so will we.

Last edited:

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
No worries there! I'm glad that my words are somewhat comforting ha ha. There are plenty of people in the same boat as us. I don't know how they select people and choose who to appoint at certain times. I think MOE is simply experiencing a backlog of applications due to Covid-19. I hope they prioritise earlier batches first because it you guys are delayed, so will we.
Exactly! That’s the thing..if there’s a backlog then I don’t understand why they keep opening new application windows. They just ended another one like a few days ago for the May/June batch. 😵

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Me, we are same batch. I am really sad cus i resigned from my job thinking of the offer may come in by 8th JUNE
Oh no..😔 i’m so sorry to hear that. I guess like what they said in the previous pages, nothing’s really confirmed until the official offer. Truly hope they can expedite for all of us.😔

Jomini91

Reaction score
Exactly! That’s the thing..if there’s a backlog then I don’t understand why they keep opening new application windows. They just ended another one like a few days ago for the May/June batch. 😵
That's actually a very good question! Why did they open the May/June window lol? I guess this is MOE's legendary bureaucratic inefficiency at work.

hlannie

Reaction score
Most important medical has been done long ago before 20th Dec 2021, what is the logical, how about something happened in between , how does moe identify a candidate on HEALTH MATTER?

Taikeewhok

Reaction score
Yes i received my possible offer of appointment today. I think ppl from jan/feb 2021batch should be receiving their offers soon! Posting my timeline below, hopefully it's helpful.

8/2/2021 – Application for PGDE
8/3/2021 – Interview
31/3/2021– Received 1st processing email
31/3/2021 – Status changed to “Shortlisted” on C@G portal
14/4/2021 – Received email & SMS to schedule medical checkup
26/4/2021 – Medical checkup
2/6/2021- Received possible offer of appointment
That's really fast, considering some people waited for almost 1 year! Congratulations!

When would you be starting your school stint and PDGE programme?

bnyski

Reaction score
EL/SS.

So far from the offers that were given, I noticed that they’re Art/Music or MT. How abt yours?
Hello! Just wanna thank you, hzlntmlktea, for sharing your experience and timeline because it was rlly sooo similar to mine and it made me feel much less alone!! I can't seem to find the post where you shared your timeline, so I shall reply to this since I was shortlisted for EL/SS too.

However, I'm glad to share that I just received an Offer of Appointment after anxiously waiting for forever :giggle:
Here's my timeline:

End-July 2020 - Application for PGDE
31/8/20 - Interview
2/12/20 - EPT
12/1/21 - Received update that MOE will email offers by 8 June
18/2/21 - Received email for Medical Examination
23/2/21 - Medical Examination
*no update since then :')*
8/6/21 (about 9:40pm) - Received update on delay due to Phase 2 (Heightened Alert)
10/6/21 - Received request to Verify Personal Particulars (mainly residential address)
21/6/21 (about 1pm) - Received Possible Offer of Appointment

I guess one thing to note is the email to verify personal particulars. It might be something unique to our application batch that seems to keep getting delayed. So, if you do receive it I think you can look forward to good news!! :giggle: I rlly believe that you'll receive your Offer soon too since we're both shortlisted for EL/SS (SEC) and have such similar timelines! Hopefully we'll be batchmates and who knows - we might meet in NIE! :giggle:

Last edited:

hellothere1812

Reaction score
Hello!! Just wanna thank YOU hzlntmlktea for sharing your experience and timeline because it was rlly sooo similar to mine and it made me feel much less alone!! I can't seem to find the post where you shared your timeline, so I shall reply to this since I was shortlisted for EL/SS (SEC) too.

However, I'm glad to share that I just got an Offer of Appointment TODAY after anxiously waiting forever!! :giggle:
Here's my timeline:

End-July 2020 - Application for PGDE
31/8/20 - Interview
2/12/20 - EPT
12/1/21 - Received update that MOE will email offers by 8 June
18/2/21 - Received email for Medical Examination
23/2/21 - Medical Examination
*no update since then :')*
8/6/21 (about 9:40pm) - Received update on delay due to Phase 2 (Heightened Alert)
10/6/21 - Received request to Verify Personal Particulars (mainly to confirm residential address)
21/6/21 (about 1pm) - Received Possible Offer of Appointment

What's frustrating is that I applied for teaching positions in the private sector after 8 June and had accepted an offer zzz So I'll have to update them ASAP and I honestly feel so bad :cry:

I guess one thing that nobody has pointed out is the email to verify personal particulars. It might be something unique to our application batch that seems to keep getting delayed. So, if you do receive it I think you can look forward to good news!! :giggle: I rlly believe that you'll receive your Offer soon too since we're both shortlisted for EL/SS (SEC) and have such similar timelines! Hopefully we'll be batchmates and who knows - we might meet in NIE!! :giggle:

WOW! Congrats and great to hear this good news! haha yes better to reject the offer from the other school ;) Super happy for you - it's been a looong wait!

Can I just ask when your start date is gonna be, is it also 13 July or has that been delayed too? Plus, did your status on Careers@Gov get updated to 'Successful' before the offer of appt email came? :)

Thanks and all the best!

Last edited:

hellothere1812

Reaction score
Also I am wondering, who else received the 'verify personal particulars' email on 10 June and got the offer letter shortly after as well?

I think it's been a mixed bag where some of us did receive and the rest didn't. Curious to know what the ground sensing is like to see if receiving that = getting accepted soon.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.