NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

ND2613

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have already received my EL EPT(21/06/21) result. it is PASS. And also received the MOE offer.
Yeah!
Wow congrats!! You got the results and MOE offer in 9 days! Which batch are you and have you completed medical? Wondering what are the subjects you are teaching?

hellothere1812

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have already received my EL EPT(21/06/21) result. it is PASS. And also received the MOE offer.
Yeah!
CONGRATS! Great news and happy for yaaaa. When will you be starting the untrained stint?
And could you share your application timeline with us too? Thanks!!

waterlemons

Reaction score
Ah....All the best! I applied for Pri Sch Eng /Math! Interview is next next Fri, prob cos I submitted application like 5min before deadline... :p Let us know how your interview goes!!
Sure no problem! Really scary for me but I hope all goes well! Good luck to you too

Greenliving

Reaction score
Hi there! Did anyone apply recently (Application for May 2021) for the PGDE Untrained Teacher?

Thanks!
Hello Mjj988! I applied for May 2021 PGDE Untrained Teacher but my application status on Careers@Gov is still stated 'Submitted' as of yesterday. Has everyone received their interview details already?

Ellesse2704

Reaction score
Thanks!! Yes, it was a dreaaadfully long wait - I never want to live through that again :')

Yep, my start date is delayed too! It's on 21 July. It's possible that the starting date is dependent on when you get your Offer as they might wish to provide at least a one-month notice if possible. As for my status on Careers@Gov, it's currently still 'Shortlisted' haha. Not sure whether it will only change once I respond to the Offer.

Hope you'll receive yours soon too!
Congratulations! Do you mind letting me know when is your appointment briefing ? Are you a fresh grad? I presume you do not need to serve one month notice at work since they offer you kinda late and that your AOD is 21 July.

shywxp

Reaction score
Wow congrats!! You got the results and MOE offer in 9 days! Which batch are you and have you completed medical? Wondering what are the subjects you are teaching?
Chinese(Secondary). August 2020. Medical check and EPT have been completed.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am currently serving a one year untrained teaching stint. I have been cleared by my principal for NIE intake but am really unsure if this is the thing for me. I feel part of this has to do with the fact that i feel overwhelmed easily. I enjoy teaching but the sheer amount of work coming to me in all directions (paper-setting, admin work, CCAs, lesson planning, knowing syllabus content in and out) has gotten to me multiple times in the previous months. Is this a feeling all new teachers go through and will it feel less overwhelming with time? Perhaps once you have gotten used to it, it becomes second nature for instance?

CarpeAllThemDiem

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am currently serving a one year untrained teaching stint. I have been cleared by my principal for NIE intake but am really unsure if this is the thing for me. I feel part of this has to do with the fact that i feel overwhelmed easily. I enjoy teaching but the sheer amount of work coming to me in all directions (paper-setting, admin work, CCAs, lesson planning, knowing syllabus content in and out) has gotten to me multiple times in the previous months. Is this a feeling all new teachers go through and will it feel less overwhelming with time? Perhaps once you have gotten used to it, it becomes second nature for instance?

Hi there!
My mom is a teacher her whole life and I am following her footsteps. From her experience, she did mention recent years the attrition is way higher than before due to all these additional workload besides teaching. The bright side is, it really does get better with time. Her tips: learn to be firm with parents and your students, class room management. The first few years is and will be tough but after that things get betterThe role is more challenging now but whenever you get worn out, just remember why you signed up for this in the first place. You are in a privileged position to impact lives :)

In any case, if you really cannot take it, you can consider doing flexi-adjunct after your training in future. You can still have the joy of teaching sans the admin work.

Just out of curiosity, I previously thought the untrained teaching stint is for 4months? Has it changed to be a year?

charlim

Reaction score
Anyone else applied during the May/June 2021 application period?

I got an email and SMS from MOE on 2nd July, Friday about being required to attend the selection interview, just curious if they will email again or call?

Really hoping I do get offered my preferred teaching subjects!

Last edited:

ND2613

Reaction score
Anyone else applied during the May/June 2021 application period?

I got an email and SMS from MOE on 2nd July, Friday about being required to attend the selection interview, just curious if they will email again or call?

Really hoping I do get offered my preferred teaching subjects!
I received the first email asking me to fill up Annex A, then the second and third emails to inform me of interview details came on the same day 5 hours later and 6 days later respectively. What are your preferred subjects?

ND2613

Reaction score
I also wanted to ask, for those who received the Offer eventually, did MOE call up your character referees that you listed in the application?

charlim

Reaction score
I received the first email asking me to fill up Annex A, then the second and third emails to inform me of interview details came on the same day 5 hours later and 6 days later respectively. What are your preferred subjects?
Thanks for sharing! In the email they did say we'll receive an update from them latest 12 July so I'm just hoping to get an email about the interview before then.

I put secondary English and Math as my preferred subjects!

Edit: I got a call this afternoon for an interview next friday! I was offered pri school instead of sec school but I'll still give it a go!

Last edited:

waterlemons

Reaction score
Ah....All the best! I applied for Pri Sch Eng /Math! Interview is next next Fri, prob cos I submitted application like 5min before deadline... :p Let us know how your interview goes!!
I just went… quite scary but it’s okay in general. I’m neither super confident nor dejected but my fingers are crossed 🤞

Khrlkml

Reaction score
Hi, I applied for pri sch Mt/pe but I have not received any news ): anyone with similar subject pref. already got their interview dates?

jnjy00

Reaction score
Hello! I received an email from MOE on 12 July (supposedly the last day of them contacting us if we are shortlisted) at around 11pm saying that my application is still in process and if i’m shortlisted i will be notified by 23 July. Anyone else received the same email? Does anyone know if it’s good news or is it just another delay?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.