NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

waterlemons

Reaction score
Hi, you display a very positive attitude, which is very important in life. All the best for your future endeavours.
Hello thank you! I’m someone who really want to teach but at the same time I take interest in sharing, which is relatively overlappish, but i enjoy other things like vlogging and whatnot and I wouldn’t mind furthering teaching with more freedom under tutoring while pursuing a separate interest! Not saying MOE teachers can’t but the worries are definitely less. Thank you!

davidG177

Reaction score
Hello thank you! I’m someone who really want to teach but at the same time I take interest in sharing, which is relatively overlappish, but i enjoy other things like vlogging and whatnot and I wouldn’t mind furthering teaching with more freedom under tutoring while pursuing a separate interest! Not saying MOE teachers can’t but the worries are definitely less. Thank you!
All the best!!

jnny9801

Reaction score
Hello, is there anyone from May/June batch who hasn't receive any update from MOE, not even the in process email? Just want to check with yall to see if I need to email MOE to get a response.

Mogubunny

Reaction score
Hello, is there anyone from May/June batch who hasn't receive any update from MOE, not even the in process email? Just want to check with yall to see if I need to email MOE to get a response.
Hi. I went for interview on 8th July but haven't received any email yet.

jnny9801

Reaction score
Hi. I went for interview on 8th July but haven't received any email yet.
My interview was on 5th July. Not sure what sequence they are following in processing all the interviews. Thank you for your info I am more or less assured.

lasting_miracle

Reaction score
Or you can just join us by simply following this link 👇🏼

https://t.me/joinchat/63B18N0OaigxOGM1

Hi people, I’m going to delete this group soon n create a channel instead. You may share the invite link to those who are interested to join.

I’ll be deleting this group in a few days so as to give time to those who aren’t active.

Follow the link to join our channel 👇🏼

https://t.me/joinchat/QMQpvGuwHLVhN2JlI’ll be deleting this group in a few days so as to give time to those who aren’t active.

user00000

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am currently serving a one year untrained teaching stint. I have been cleared by my principal for NIE intake but am really unsure if this is the thing for me. I feel part of this has to do with the fact that i feel overwhelmed easily. I enjoy teaching but the sheer amount of work coming to me in all directions (paper-setting, admin work, CCAs, lesson planning, knowing syllabus content in and out) has gotten to me multiple times in the previous months. Is this a feeling all new teachers go through and will it feel less overwhelming with time? Perhaps once you have gotten used to it, it becomes second nature for instance?
Hi me too here. Going through the untrained stint now. I also have second thoughts and can relate!

Lazyhorse

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am currently serving a one year untrained teaching stint. I have been cleared by my principal for NIE intake but am really unsure if this is the thing for me. I feel part of this has to do with the fact that i feel overwhelmed easily. I enjoy teaching but the sheer amount of work coming to me in all directions (paper-setting, admin work, CCAs, lesson planning, knowing syllabus content in and out) has gotten to me multiple times in the previous months. Is this a feeling all new teachers go through and will it feel less overwhelming with time? Perhaps once you have gotten used to it, it becomes second nature for instance?
Hi, can I check which month did u start your untrained teaching stint? I see that from the website, if I start in Dec/jan, I should enter nie by jul/aug. Can I know is it common for the untrained teaching stint to be extended?

Barmy_Bookworm

Reaction score
Anyone can share, especially those who successfully got admission, how long was your process from interview to commencing work. Thanks

hellothere1812

Reaction score
Hello friends, sharing my timeline here as I just got news last week that my application was finally successful.

I'm from the Jan/Feb 2021 batch of applicants. It's been a really long wait but all in all, my advice is that it helps to email them a bit to follow up, esp. if you're already done with your medical, though I think the recruitment unit is pretty swamped at the moment themselves and could take some time to reply (but I realised from my experience that eventually, they will do so). Hope my info could be useful to you:

Pre-Interview
20 Feb (Sat): Email received for shortlisted interview
9 Mar (Tue): Call received to attend interview
11 Mar (Thur): Email received with interview details
17 Mar (Wed): Interview day

Post-Interview
24 Mar (Wed): Received call from MOE asking if I'm ok to change my CS1
30 Mar (Tue): Received call to clarify on internship experience
9 Apr (Fri): Application status on portal changed to 'Shortlisted'
26 Apr (Mon): Email clarification from HR saying application still processing and possible offer by 8 Jun and AOD is estimated to be July.
27 May (Thur): Email + SMS received to go medical
8 June (Tue): Medical at Raffles Hosp. On the same day, MOE emailed to say AOD has been delayed to 20 Dec if successful.

<radio silence for next few months - I sent some emails in between to ask for updates. HR mostly replied to say that it is still processing>

Fast forward to early Sep:

HR got back to share that they need to do reference check with ex-employer.

After another ~2 weeks:
Received email that I've been found suitable for the position and will receive offer package soon (I'm currently waiting). I'm told that my AOD will be 20 Dec 2021.

Press on folks and wishing all of you the best of luck! :) Hope that our paths will cross one day!

Lazyhorse

Reaction score
Hello friends, sharing my timeline here as I just got news last week that my application was finally successful.

I'm from the Jan/Feb 2021 batch of applicants. It's been a really long wait but all in all, my advice is that it helps to email them a bit to follow up, esp. if you're already done with your medical, though I think the recruitment unit is pretty swamped at the moment themselves and could take some time to reply (but I realised from my experience that eventually, they will do so). Hope my info could be useful to you:

Pre-Interview
20 Feb (Sat): Email received for shortlisted interview
9 Mar (Tue): Call received to attend interview
11 Mar (Thur): Email received with interview details
17 Mar (Wed): Interview day

Post-Interview
24 Mar (Wed): Received call from MOE asking if I'm ok to change my CS1
30 Mar (Tue): Received call to clarify on internship experience
9 Apr (Fri): Application status on portal changed to 'Shortlisted'
26 Apr (Mon): Email clarification from HR saying application still processing and possible offer by 8 Jun and AOD is estimated to be July.
27 May (Thur): Email + SMS received to go medical
8 June (Tue): Medical at Raffles Hosp. On the same day, MOE emailed to say AOD has been delayed to 20 Dec if successful.

<radio silence for next few months - I sent some emails in between to ask for updates. HR mostly replied to say that it is still processing>

Fast forward to early Sep:

HR got back to share that they need to do reference check with ex-employer.

After another ~2 weeks:
Received email that I've been found suitable for the position and will receive offer package soon (I'm currently waiting). I'm told that my AOD will be 20 Dec 2021.

Press on folks and wishing all of you the best of luck! :) Hope that our paths will cross one day!

Congrats!

But just to check, u r not required to do the language proficiency test And ur AOD is for untrained teaching or NIE or full fledged teacher? Also, when u first started applying, were u already told that ur estimated start date is 20 dec 2021? it sounds a bit long though?

I was looking at the website n it says that if I apply in July/Aug this year 2021, my estimated date of entry to school as an untrained teacher is dec2021. Just wondering how accurate this is.

hellothere1812

Reaction score
Congrats!

But just to check, u r not required to do the language proficiency test And ur AOD is for untrained teaching or NIE or full fledged teacher? Also, when u first started applying, were u already told that ur estimated start date is 20 dec 2021? it sounds a bit long though?

I was looking at the website n it says that if I apply in July/Aug this year 2021, my estimated date of entry to school as an untrained teacher is dec2021. Just wondering how accurate this is.
Thx!

I wasn't informed to take EPT. I think not everyone is required to do so as long as you pass the language requirements criteria (which i'm not sure is what)! When I first started applying, I recalled I was told my AOD will be late July, and was supposed to hear back on the outcome by early June. It was only in early June (on the day i took my medical) when they sent another email to say that the AOD has been pushed back to Dec, So initially the gap wasn't meant to be so long but cos of COVID HA, they claimed that AOD needs to be pushed back.

AOD is for untrained teaching. NIE won't be this soon!

Hopefully so that your AOD will be Dec too! Think it also helps to clarify with them after you're done with medical on whether you will be in time for the supposed date

Lazyhorse

Reaction score
Thx!

I wasn't informed to take EPT. I think not everyone is required to do so as long as you pass the language requirements criteria (which i'm not sure is what)! When I first started applying, I recalled I was told my AOD will be late July, and was supposed to hear back on the outcome by early June. It was only in early June (on the day i took my medical) when they sent another email to say that the AOD has been pushed back to Dec, So initially the gap wasn't meant to be so long but cos of COVID HA, they claimed that AOD needs to be pushed back.

AOD is for untrained teaching. NIE won't be this soon!

Hopefully so that your AOD will be Dec too! Think it also helps to clarify with them after you're done with medical on whether you will be in time for the supposed date
O! they pushed back ur for one full semester! I wonder if all the next few batches will be pushed back as well! Did they tell u when u will go into NIE then? I would supposed maybe July 2022?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.