NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

hellothere1812

Reaction score
O! they pushed back ur for one full semester! I wonder if all the next few batches will be pushed back as well! Did they tell u when u will go into NIE then? I would supposed maybe July 2022?
They've yet to tell me when I am due for NIE, i think still too early at this point. the untrained will be 1 year, i think! so NIE should start dec 2022.

yojyoj17

Reaction score
Hi! Anyone here currently in the NIE pgde training programme? I'll be entering in Nov, just wondering if there are physical lessons everyday in campus? Thinking of getting accommodation near sch if that's the case :/

sidorak

Reaction score
I done my medical test weeks ago. And now, I was to book an ECG test. Should I be concerned? 😳
Do you have any underlying health conditions? I'd like to think that them sending you for additional tests means they're still interested in hiring you, so don't worry too much!

Anyone else gone for medical recently and waiting for further updates / offer? I applied in the May 2021 window.

asteroidb612

Reaction score
Hi! Anyone here currently in the NIE pgde training programme? I'll be entering in Nov, just wondering if there are physical lessons everyday in campus? Thinking of getting accommodation near sch if that's the case :/
Hi! I'm currently undergoing PGDE untrained teaching stint as well. Not sure whether lessons will be on campus. There hasn't been any updates on the NIE wesbite either.

Have you been cleared for NIE? Did you receive any email updates from MOE or your school?

Lazyhorse

Reaction score
Do you have any underlying health conditions? I'd like to think that them sending you for additional tests means they're still interested in hiring you, so don't worry too much!

Anyone else gone for medical recently and waiting for further updates / offer? I applied in the May 2021 window.
Hi! I also applied in may 2021. I just cleared my language proficiency test. Not sure when the next update will be. I have not been arranged for any medical yet.

Simshaddy

Reaction score

I hope so too. I applied to teach PE. I was told by the staff at Raffles Medical that all potential PE teachers have to undergo a ECG test. Funny thing was the ECG test was taken weeks after my medical test. Maybe Raffles Medical overlooked?

sidorak

Reaction score
Hi! I also applied in may 2021. I just cleared my language proficiency test. Not sure when the next update will be. I have not been arranged for any medical yet.
Congrats! Hope it comes soon, since the date they gave us for the possible offer is in a month's time exactly! Be sure to check your spam folder once in a while -- I found my VITAL/Raffles Hospital appointment email there.

CarpeAllThemDiem

Reaction score
Hi! I'm currently undergoing PGDE untrained teaching stint as well. Not sure whether lessons will be on campus. There hasn't been any updates on the NIE wesbite either.

Have you been cleared for NIE? Did you receive any email updates from MOE or your school?
Hi! I’m also currently undergoing PGDE untrained teaching stint. Am waiting for the school to update if I’m cleared for NIE! I started in July 2021 and hope to make it for this Dec 2021 intake but I have heard alot of people saying the untrained stint will take a year? So if we end in Jul 2022… the next intake in Dec 2022 does that mean we are unemployed for the period in between lol.

CarpeAllThemDiem

Reaction score
I’ve heard so! That the cirriculum starts around 8.30am all the way till 5pm.

asteroidb612

Reaction score
Hi! I’m also currently undergoing PGDE untrained teaching stint. Am waiting for the school to update if I’m cleared for NIE! I started in July 2021 and hope to make it for this Dec 2021 intake but I have heard alot of people saying the untrained stint will take a year? So if we end in Jul 2022… the next intake in Dec 2022 does that mean we are unemployed for the period in between lol.
Oh dear... I hope we don't have to wait an entire year. Hopefully there'll be an update soon. All the best!

Lazyhorse

Reaction score
Nope. You wouldn’t be unemployed. You will just be doing untrainEd stint for 1.5 years instead.

Jason12345

Reaction score
Did moe stopped sending medical mails?
I was from May batch and beong shortlisted after the interview. I was asked submit my current contract details later on. And I received no more news from them........

Faithx1234567

Reaction score
Anyone also received email on starting NIE this Nov ? Are yall staying on campus ? I want to opt for single room but there isnt any room preference option in the hall application form 😭

devil_slayer

Reaction score
Anyone also received email on starting NIE this Nov ? Are yall staying on campus ? I want to opt for single room but there isnt any room preference option in the hall application form 😭
Hi, I received too. I cant find options too. I guess it is not fully open yet and will only be available on the dated stated to apply. Just my guess

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.