NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Nnameless

Reaction score
Hi! Anyone here currently in the NIE pgde training programme? I'll be entering in Nov, just wondering if there are physical lessons everyday in campus? Thinking of getting accommodation near sch if that's the case :/

Yes there are lessons almost everyday when the covid restrictions were more relaxed. Most were physical for mine in Sem 1. Lessons can start at 830 am till as late as 530 - 630 or 730pm for GESL (group project meeting, but meeting timing may be changed)

Hi! I’m also currently undergoing PGDE untrained teaching stint. Am waiting for the school to update if I’m cleared for NIE! I started in July 2021 and hope to make it for this Dec 2021 intake but I have heard alot of people saying the untrained stint will take a year? So if we end in Jul 2022… the next intake in Dec 2022 does that mean we are unemployed for the period in between lol.

You can check with your school if you are cleared, but the confirmation for NIE will come from the MOE HR. Mine was mid-late Oct when I received it. And yea you wont be unemployed, probably signing another UT contract with HR, then another MOE bond contract in Dec.

Anyone also received email on starting NIE this Nov ? Are yall staying on campus ? I want to opt for single room but there isnt any room preference option in the hall application form 😭
Might not be able to choose now. I think there was a shortage of rooms due to covid in Aug semester

Julie320

Reaction score
Hi, hi, I am from May 2021 intake.
I just received an email from MOE , asking me to take the CL EPT next month.
Anyone has any tips or any samples to share? OMG, so nervous ….

Last edited:

Lazyhorse

Reaction score
Hi, hi, I am from May 2021 intake.
I just received an email from MOE , asking me to take the CL EPT next month.
Anyone has any tips or any samples to share? OMG, so nervous ….
Hi. I took the English one just a few Weeks ago. For mine, there was an example attached in the email I think? If not u can find the example online. For mine it took about half a day. There were 2 essays and oral which consist of reading, monologue and dialogue.

Julie320

Reaction score
Hi. I took the English one just a few Weeks ago. For mine, there was an example attached in the email I think? If not u can find the example online. For mine it took about half a day. There were 2 essays and oral which consist of reading, monologue and dialogue.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
They didn’t attach any file with the email 😢 and the samples I found online are all English one. I Hope Chinese and English EPT are similar, as I use the English one to prepare my Chinese EPT now .🤣🤣

Beefie

Reaction score
Anyone from May/june batch, who haven't gone through medical, but the status is put as "offered"?

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Hi guys..just popping by to share great news (finally) that i've received the possible offer of appointment email :') after A YEAR of waiting. The wait is MAD LONG but certainly press on! It will come for you too!

sidorak

Reaction score
Hi guys..just popping by to share great news (finally) that i've received the possible offer of appointment email :') after A YEAR of waiting. The wait is MAD LONG but certainly press on! It will come for you too!
Congratulations!! 🎉 When is your appointment briefing?

Lazyhorse

Reaction score
CONGRATS! You mean you applied during the Feb application this Year in 2021?

Lazyhorse

Reaction score
Not sure if it's a glitch, but the status for my other job applications is all normal.
O i just went for my medical appointment last Friday. Today i checked and my status has been updated to ‘offered’ as well. But I did not receive any offer yet.

RestiveJazz

Reaction score
Hi,

Appreciate if anyone who applied in the latest application window (Aug/Sep) can update if you receive any post-interview news!

TIA!
Hello appletart7!

Fellow Aug/Sep 2021 batch here! No news or updates since interview on 01 Oct 2021.

From what I have read in the previous pages, it usually takes a while for MOE RU to respond.

Let's hope for the best! 💪🏽

sidorak

Reaction score
Anyone from May/June batch received news? It's about a week to 15 November now. Getting nervous!

QLoudy

Reaction score
Anyone from May/June batch received news? It's about a week to 15 November now. Getting nervous!
Hi! I am currently in the same timeline as you! Other than the email from mid Aug that told us about the 15th November possible offer, I got another email asking for some documents late September!

Can I check if you were required to do anything else? Like medical check up or personality test?

sidorak

Reaction score
Hi! I am currently in the same timeline as you! Other than the email from mid Aug that told us about the 15th November possible offer, I got another email asking for some documents late September!

Can I check if you were required to do anything else? Like medical check up or personality test?
Hey! I called up for a medical checkup in September, but no updates since. Has it been radio silence for you too since September?

QLoudy

Reaction score
Yep it has been radio silence! I was offered EL/SS (sec) last checked portal as shortlisted too. However, I wasn't called for the medical check up :( Seems like you have a higher chance man! Good luck! Will update if there is any outcome on my side

Renfred001

Reaction score
Just wanna ask if anyone got accepted or had friends that were accepted (diploma / degree path doesn't matter) with a GPA of 2.8 haha.

I've always wanted to teach but got complacent in poly . I tried to apply etc a year back with my diploma for pe route . I passed the physical proficiency tests ( cartwheel etc) but didn't get past the interview as they told me to apply again when I was closer to finishing my ns duties.

(Thank you for your interest in teaching, and the time you had taken to be at the interview. After careful consideration of your application in totality and in competition with the other applicants, we would like to inform you that your application is unsuccessful.

If you are still keen on a teaching position, we welcome you to reapply when you are in your final year of National Service.)

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Hello all! My application was back in Jun/Aug 2020 :ROFLMAO: yes took mine a yearrrrr. I had so many emails about delays due to covid and heightened alerts and everything else. So guys, be prepared for the wait. Perhaps yours will come much earlier than mine and I hope it does cos the wait was NOT fun and painful lol..but it's worth it. Have patience and back-up plans as you wait!

Yoshikuroneko

Reaction score
Hi everyone! It’s been a long time coming but, I finally received the Possible Offer of Appointment email earlier today!

For context, here’s my timeline:
28 Aug 20 - Shortlisted for interview, to fill up Annex A

4 Sept 20 - Email on further details of the interview

24 Sept 20 - Went for the interview at Mt. Sinai

12 Oct 20 - Processing email

2 Dec 20 - Music EPT

30 Dec 20 - EL EPT

19 Feb 21 - Medical

1 Oct 21 - Follow-up X-ray (could be done only after I gave birth)

9 Nov 21 - Possible offer of employment email

Anyone else in the same boat as me? Haha.

Yoshikuroneko

Reaction score
Hello all! My application was back in Jun/Aug 2020 :ROFLMAO: yes took mine a yearrrrr. I had so many emails about delays due to covid and heightened alerts and everything else. So guys, be prepared for the wait. Perhaps yours will come much earlier than mine and I hope it does cos the wait was NOT fun and painful lol..but it's worth it. Have patience and back-up plans as you wait!
Congrats! Same for me! 😅

huanhuan123

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I’ve received the possible letter of appointment offer yesterday! Hope you all will receive good news soon too! 😊

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.