Nintendo Switch Games Discussion

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
DQ 11S demo is quite lengthy leh. 6hrs in liao still going~ :s22:

[edit] just found out, the demo is 10hrs long.

Last edited:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I've clocked 8 hours and still haven't end.

Just defeated the boss together with twin sisters
Do you like the music? I mean I appreciate that it’s orchestrated and all. But it was putting me to sleep and have to fight against closing my eyes when playing it. Had to drop the music volume to 4.

Ended up with headache after 6 hours :s22:

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you like the music? I mean I appreciate that it’s orchestrated and all. But it was putting me to sleep and have to fight against closing my eyes when playing it. Had to drop the music volume to 4.

Ended up with headache after 6 hours :s22:

The over world music sounds boring after a while. Think can change to DQ VIII music in retail version. Just hit the end, now have to wait 1 month. Oh well, time to start my FE:TH that I received last Fri :)

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
The over world music sounds boring after a while. Think can change to DQ VIII music in retail version. Just hit the end, now have to wait 1 month. Oh well, time to start my FE:TH that I received last Fri :)
ah. i see the option to change to PS4's synthetic version (which people complained about).

i really can't imagine how the game can go on without voice acting on PS4~ :s22:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
good to know i am not the only one.

PS4's soundtrack isn't much better~ :s22:

VIII field music will be played with Trodain Set outfit.

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
It's standard jrpg convention, keep looping a piece of music. No matter how good, after hours you will get tired of it. Worse are some games that try to loop a short 'cheerful' music when you are in town. One recent offender is the Doraemon harvest moon game (I only watched let's plays, didn't play), after 30 seconds you want to turn it off. The 2 separate videos I saw, the streamers went looking for menu option liao, but cannot, lol, have to watch long opening scene before gaining control.

No voice acting in PS4 version is perfectly fine. The were still changing the script till late in production, you can imagine if have to keep bringing back the voice actors to re-record parts, or have to compromise and keep older script (cos voices already recorded), impacting the story. The whole series never had voice anyway (first DQ with voice is the Musou spin-off).

The Switch version of the game will definitely be much longer cos you will be listening to the dialog, which is slower than reading. When playing games, I often will skip to the next spoken line if the skip option is there, impatient lah, unless the voice acting is so good. Honestly I would rather have no voice than have those half-done voices, like only cut scenes have voice acting, other dialogs, side quests only sound effect words or few common words. Again, the Doraemon Harvest Moon game is big offender in this.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
It's standard jrpg convention, keep looping a piece of music. No matter how good, after hours you will get tired of it. Worse are some games that try to loop a short 'cheerful' music when you are in town. One recent offender is the Doraemon harvest moon game (I only watched let's plays, didn't play), after 30 seconds you want to turn it off. The 2 separate videos I saw, the streamers went looking for menu option liao, but cannot, lol, have to watch long opening scene before gaining control.

No voice acting in PS4 version is perfectly fine. The were still changing the script till late in production, you can imagine if have to keep bringing back the voice actors to re-record parts, or have to compromise and keep older script (cos voices already recorded), impacting the story. The whole series never had voice anyway (first DQ with voice is the Musou spin-off).

The Switch version of the game will definitely be much longer cos you will be listening to the dialog, which is slower than reading. When playing games, I often will skip to the next spoken line if the skip option is there, impatient lah, unless the voice acting is so good. Honestly I would rather have no voice than have those half-done voices, like only cut scenes have voice acting, other dialogs, side quests only sound effect words or few common words. Again, the Doraemon Harvest Moon game is big offender in this.
maybe i am too old liao. got tired easily. or I got spoiled by Xenoblade Chronicles 2. :s13:

yeah. Triple A JRPG without voice acting nowadays a bit odd.

oh this is my first Dragon Quest. maybe not used to the music style.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Dont know why they like to hire British accent for voiceovers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.