Nintendo Switch Games Discussion

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just got my switch gen 2. Where's the best place to get games cheap? From what I see sometimes eShop is cheaper, sometimes buying a physical copy is cheaper?

Btw just bought Mario kart 8 from US eShop for a jaw dropping $59.90 usd :( just needed a game fast to play with my kid for today.

Welcome to the family :giggle:

For physical, you can try search through online platform (eg shopee) and compare different listing. Use credit card/voucher/points to get best possible price ;)

For eShop prices, can use below links for reference:

https://eshop-prices.com/games?currency=SGD

http://eshop-checker.xyz/beta/#/

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just got my switch gen 2. Where's the best place to get games cheap? From what I see sometimes eShop is cheaper, sometimes buying a physical copy is cheaper?

Btw just bought Mario kart 8 from US eShop for a jaw dropping $59.90 usd :( just needed a game fast to play with my kid for today.

Amazon.sg sometimes got deals on older games. Maybe you could check over there.

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! Yeah Amazon actually selling 69.90sgd for kart 8.. but couldn't wait for the delivery this round. Will probably get super party from Amazon

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, to buy games from other regions I just need to switch region on both Nintendo and switch accounts right? No need to create additional accounts?

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, to buy games from other regions I just need to switch region on both Nintendo and switch accounts right? No need to create additional accounts?

No need, just login to your Nintendo account and change region. Not all countries will accept our credit card though. If that happens you can try paying by paypal.

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually yeah I found that out. But logging in to change region each time seems more troublesome than using individual account for each region? More so when for Gmail can just use a modifier. Abc+usa@gmail for us region, abc+hk@gmail for hk region, for example.

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually yeah I found that out. But logging in to change region each time seems more troublesome than using individual account for each region? More so when for Gmail can just use a modifier. Abc+usa@gmail for us region, abc+hk@gmail for hk region, for example.

Your game ownership will be all over the place if you use 1 account per region. 1 thing to note though is that if you have credit in 1 region, it cannot be used when switched to another region. Might even get forfeited.

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your game ownership will be all over the place if you use 1 account per region. 1 thing to note though is that if you have credit in 1 region, it cannot be used when switched to another region. Might even get forfeited.

alright got it. I created for hk and jap, but haven't actually bought anything off those eshops yet.

Reaction score
Anyone gt buy those cheap nintendo accounts off carousell or other dodgy websites? The cost like 5-10% of the original price but i know its just sharing the bought acct and the seller can kick me off if he wishes to resell, anyone bo daiji after buying such accts for 6mth to 1year later on and still have the games? i bought account with monster hunter for $15 then inside also gt BOTW lmao

endori

Reaction score
Anyone gt buy those cheap nintendo accounts off carousell or other dodgy websites? The cost like 5-10% of the original price but i know its just sharing the bought acct and the seller can kick me off if he wishes to resell, anyone bo daiji after buying such accts for 6mth to 1year later on and still have the games? i bought account with monster hunter for $15 then inside also gt BOTW lmao
Nope but I understand you can get banned for it. Which makes your switch no difference from a China Tencent switch.

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
Kirby and N64/Mega Drive expansion are the only things that interest me for this Direct. MH expansion was announced too early with nothing to show but a CG trailer.

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
5syielo1jop71.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.