Noisy Neighbour - 686A

triobrothers

Reaction score
Before I begin, anyone staying at 686A in Woodlands area, who is the resident on units level 5 or below? Being a new resident here, I am already starting to get disturbed by this daily noise, alike people hitting or banging stuffs usually from 11pm till past 1am. I mean, seriously, what the flying pig is this person doing?

My parents' house is just across the street and we had to deal with a similar issue, but since we got to know there was someone 'mentally ill', the knocking banging sometimes escalates to screaming, plates smashing and door slamming till late 3am; and we really cant do anything except to pray our patience and tolerance remain high.

If someone here stays at the same block, maybe can share an insight of whats happening here. I may pop by my neighbours of the same floor to ask if there are hidden truths about this block I am at which I am not aware of.

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before I begin, anyone staying at 686A in Woodlands area, who is the resident on units level 5 or below? Being a new resident here, I am already starting to get disturbed by this daily noise, alike people hitting or banging stuffs usually from 11pm till past 1am. I mean, seriously, what the flying pig is this person doing?

My parents' house is just across the street and we had to deal with a similar issue, but since we got to know there was someone 'mentally ill', the knocking banging sometimes escalates to screaming, plates smashing and door slamming till late 3am; and we really cant do anything except to pray our patience and tolerance remain high.

If someone here stays at the same block, maybe can share an insight of whats happening here. I may pop by my neighbours of the same floor to ask if there are hidden truths about this block I am at which I am not aware of.
i been living with this type of neighbour in SK for decade. He's mental. i had try getting the police & HDB personnel also cant do anything.

triobrothers

Reaction score
i been living with this type of neighbour in SK for decade. He's mental. i had try getting the police & HDB personnel also cant do anything.
Ah yes. Once the screaming got so intense at my parents place I called the police. Only then I got to know someone with mental issue is living above us. So bopian we cant do much, but bear with it. Just keep praying no serious harm is done to her. But now living in my own flat and the thum thum sound is heard daily, one week in and Im already loosing my cool...

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah yes. Once the screaming got so intense at my parents place I called the police. Only then I got to know someone with mental issue is living above us. So bopian we cant do much, but bear with it. Just keep praying no serious harm is done to her. But now living in my own flat and the thum thum sound is heard daily, one week in and Im already loosing my cool...
u get use to it.... either move out or bear with it lor.

Bui Kia

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL .....
even you complain or report police is also useless.....

all those sick mental neighboure will be taken care by social worker vist !!!
if worst then send back IMH ..u will be peaceful orelse you can knock with them together :s42:

sulpice

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got sound meh. So small sound u keep complain for what. What if TS is the one mentally ill imagining it?

kittyklysm

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I lived with such a neighbour before, it was a very large and thicc person, and he would scream and bang the walls for hours on the end. He used to be smol, as a child not very loud. But he grew to be almost 180cm tall and got very big. It sounds almost like construction. After almost 10years he moved away, the silence after that was golden.

Those periods of time he was active, it's so bad until it's not possible to stay in the house listening to his cries of anguish.

And call police no use.

Rockkapak07

Reaction score
This kind of of problem hard to solve one. Best case is to get your own soundproof things to block out the noise.

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not call police especially when its after 10pm and extend til past midnight?

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will need more information of where the noise is coming from I guess? The other time I called while at my parents' place they asked for possible location the noise is at.
If u think is upstairs, just say upstairs lor....

PES1989

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tot you are my sibling then I go see the address luckily not.
Hope your problem solved peacefully.

buttbERry

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
i rmb last yr got a sagat involving regular but dont think is in woodlands

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.