Noisy neighbour upstairs

niliew

Reaction score
this is what happens at 5pm....

and my 2.5 year old daughter will wake up crying.. especially now ** period she doesn't sleep at my in-laws... when i took this, my wife already bring her out to living room to console her crying.

what do my fellow EDMWers think? mental issue?
Hello, sry to bring back a year old comment but I just came across this, cant pm because I created an acc just to ask you about this haha. The sound in your video is really EXACTLY what I suffer from everyday. Has this been resolved yet? Other users suggested is chopping board sound, did you find out is it really chopping board? Thanks!!

rsmmcan

Reaction score
Hello, sry to bring back a year old comment but I just came across this, cant pm because I created an acc just to ask you about this haha. The sound in your video is really EXACTLY what I suffer from everyday. Has this been resolved yet? Other users suggested is chopping board sound, did you find out is it really chopping board? Thanks!!

yes. my neighbours chopped frequently everyday , should be mincing meat

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

rsmmcan

Reaction score
i just confronted my HDB neighbor upstairs in a friendly manner by offering him some rubber/felt stickers but he refused to receive it. he claimed that it's not them that are dragging things around, basically claiming innocence and that they usually sleep early... it was a friendly talk, i would say though i can sense his frustrations. since he was saying that the noise is not coming from them, is it really possible that the noise (dragging sounds) is coming from somewhere?

yes. i live on the top floor. when the neighbours on my left drag their furniture, i can clearly identify the direction where the sound is from. however i still frequently hear loud dragging where i cant tell, so likely to neighbour living right below me.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

icebandung

Reaction score
i just confronted my HDB neighbor upstairs in a friendly manner by offering him some rubber/felt stickers but he refused to receive it. he claimed that it's not them that are dragging things around, basically claiming innocence and that they usually sleep early... it was a friendly talk, i would say though i can sense his frustrations. since he was saying that the noise is not coming from them, is it really possible that the noise (dragging sounds) is coming from somewhere?
yes i remember reading an article on 99.co about this. apparently it can be due to the plumbing? same with the marbles dropping

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score

Hello, wow a post in April 2020.

Once ** lifted, we immediately optioned for a flat and moved out in Dec 2020.

In new home now..

tmengyew

Reaction score
Ya, that's why we need regulation. And regulations should be decided by the citizens of the country.

Even if we do not officially make it mandatory for the private developers, at least HDB start the ball rolling on better inter-unit noise insulation would encourage private developers to follow suit.

Unfortunately, like what you mentioned, how many of our MPs stay in HDB? My repeated pleas to my MP to look into this has been pertpetually ignored. =(
Totally agree , HDB just want us to settle ourselve or see blood than they will step in.

Just to check if any one here , their unit is just below the roof garden walk way/link way.
If kid running or walking (heavy footing) along the walk way will the unit below hear the stomping sound ?
If the people talking , screaming and playing loud music at the sitting area on the roof top garden . will the unit below be heard also.

tmengyew

Reaction score
yes. i live on the top floor. when the neighbours on my left drag their furniture, i can clearly identify the direction where the sound is from. however i still frequently hear loud dragging where i cant tell, so likely to neighbour living right below me.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
May i know your unit is new flat or old flat ?

coocoonana

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my friend's neighbour downstairs will go and complain to them if they flush the toilet during midnight .

i think nth wrong w using toilet at night. hdb should look into why toilet flushing can be heard from another floor. that is so weird

Amamiya

Master Member
Reaction score
my friend's neighbour downstairs will go and complain to them if they flush the toilet during midnight .

i think nth wrong w using toilet at night. hdb should look into why toilet flushing can be heard from another floor. that is so weird
At some point, people gotta be realistic as well. Should their neighbors hold it in and not go to toilet at all just because they hear the toilet flushing noise?

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

At some point, people gotta be realistic as well. Should their neighbors hold it in and not go to toilet at all just because they hear the toilet flushing noise?
then if got diarrhoea late at night, how sia

ridiculous?

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, flush toilet and showering can hear clearly at night huan :o
Dis also wan to ngiao go stay landed la. :o

coocoonana

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh i dont hear my neighbours one. only the light shine into my toilet.

i always sing song in the toilet during midnight. sing super long. lucky no one complain me

MokkoriChance

Reaction score
Anger building up. Everyday for months I have no peace in my own home. Losing sleep losing interest in everything. I thinking I am having depression. I must play rumbling thunderstorm sounds loud enough from my pc speakers to drown out noises from upstairs, and cannot stand a moment without playing the audio file. So much I avoid leaving my room. Covid sucks, worse when I am living alone and couldn’t see my family for over a year.

It doesn’t help I do not like talking with strangers, when the anger is already there. Been avoiding confrontation, afraid that rage will take over and lose control. Everyday I think of going up to finish my neighbours then myself. I don’t care who they are anymore, and only wish them pain and suffering. The only thing left to hold on to is my old mother. God help me. (And my neighbours)

Last edited:

weitinq

Reaction score
I used to have a legit crazy neighbour who stays above me.

Everyday every hour as early as 6+am will scream out at the window at top of her lungs with all sorts of !@#$%^&*($#@ vulgarities and throw things on her own floor.

Called the police also no use. Police even said she throw her TV at her gate to get the police to get lost.
They also cannot do anything 🤷‍♀️

Nightmare ended when I finally moved house and wished the next owner best of luck.

Sumimasen

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Every night I also can hear my neighbor one level below mine showering. He or she uses the traditional method i.e. scoop water from a pale of water to bath...the sound of water splashing onto body or floor is quite therapeutic:LOL: to hear.
I can't hear ppl flushing toilet at all though.

Sumimasen

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anger building up. Everyday for months I have no peace in my own home. Losing sleep losing interest in everything. I thinking I am having depression. I must play rumbling thunderstorm sounds loud enough from my pc speakers to drown out noises from upstairs, and cannot stand a moment without playing the audio file. So much I avoid leaving my room. Covid sucks, worse when I am living alone and couldn’t see my family for over a year.

It doesn’t help I do not like talking with strangers, when the anger is already there. Been avoiding confrontation, afraid that rage will take over and lose control. Everyday I think of going up to finish my neighbours then myself. I don’t care who they are anymore, and only wish them pain and suffering. The only thing left to hold on to is my old mother. God help me. (And my neighbours)
U need help from imh. Faster go polyclinic and get referral for treatment there.

weitinq

Reaction score
Every night I also can hear my neighbor one level below mine showering. He or she uses the traditional method i.e. scoop water from a pale of water to bath...the sound of water splashing onto body or floor is quite therapeutic:LOL: to hear.
I can't hear ppl flushing toilet at all though.
that oddly satisfying sound now seldom hear in newer flats liao

snowblaze

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you ask if he also heard such noise?

snowblaze

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What sound did u hear in your house? Dragging of furniture? Toilet flushing? Footsteps?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.