Noisy neighbour upstairs

cofreth

Reaction score
Only solution is CDRT, you need to record the noise with a recorder and a sound level meter to measure the loudness, a good meter readings will include your exposure to sound level.
With Above steps is only to tell the judge what sort of noise it is and the sound level. But it cannot pin to the source of noise location, whether from your above, below, left or right neighbours. It is all described by you only. Best you can get a 3rd party as your witness too. Your neighbours etc to be your witness for your case.
Do remember you are living in an apartment, there are bound to have some noises like toilet flushing etc.
Noise is something subject to individuals, you may not able to tolerance a certain frequencies but not the same to another person.
Learn to accept the noise, try to open up the windows to disperse the noise.
Since you have spoken to your neighbours about your concern and they just ignored your words, you can always hit back the noise at them whenever they are noisy.

Regalxyz

Reaction score
ask u guys...if i hear footstep sound/vibration from ceiling , its confirm the house directly above me?
It depends abit on the layout of your block. Some people from my block can hear stomping from 2 levels above. For my case, only my living room is connected to my next door neighbour, we can hear their footsteps sometimes when they run to open their door when we are at the living room area. In the beginning we thought it was from upstairs but not. But the running, stomping sounds in my bedrooms and kitchen are from my direct upstairs neighbour. It is very obvious to me because it is like just above your head on your ceiling. After some time, you should be able to tell whether it is from the house directly above you.

lovelylove

Reaction score
Maybe a business opportunity.
Clean out noisy neighbours.

Just like pests terminators.

Sunsetting

Reaction score
This is going to sound crazy. Lately I get woken up by this constant beeping sound in the early morning. It is quite soft and low frequency sound. But I hear it and it wakes me. Initially I thought was from one of my gadgets or electronic device, but I checked it wasn't. I traced it to coming from the wall, or maybe ceiling. When I step out of the room it can't be heard. Anybody had similar experience? The sounds like the line engaged tone...

MokkoriChance

Reaction score
Now I just hit back at ceiling with my one metre changkol stick (bought at hardware shop but includes the blade) when upstairs start to knock at night, fortunately so far I guess they get the idea and stopped when I retaliated. Still have to bear with dragging noises though frequency is reduced a bit.

MokkoriChance

Reaction score
I don’t hit ceiling back at every single noises, but when the loud knocking happens within ten minutes a few times it is really infuriating, especially when trying to sleep at night. This has happened before as late as 4am, but it’s long interval (15-30 minutes) one as much as three times so no point call police.

Regalxyz

Reaction score
I can understand why u retaliate. I hope your noisy neighbor will get it!

xxicingxx

Reaction score
Mine is a point block, ever since covid their footstep could be heard and its very noticeable. Their footstep is so heavy that my ceiling lamp vibrate and its quite obvious its by them but they keep denying.

We also can hear jumping sound which is made by our neighbour from downstairs, thankfully they are very nice and cooperative neighbour.

MokkoriChance

Reaction score
Today CNA got 1 upper floor neighbour fined for disturb below
Yeah read about it too, fined for $10k. But it seems like the victims have to hire own lawyer to deal with this neighbour. And spend many time and resources to record evidences to win the case, fortunately this family they live in condo and apparently can afford it. Still, glad that the victims won the case.

Allgoodnbest

Reaction score
Do you guys know if it's possible to hear downstair neighbour dragging clearly and feel the vibration as if its on the ceiling? The echo and like trumpet sound.

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don’t hit ceiling back at every single noises, but when the loud knocking happens within ten minutes a few times it is really infuriating, especially when trying to sleep at night. This has happened before as late as 4am, but it’s long interval (15-30 minutes) one as much as three times so no point call police.
But your ceiling will get dirty.

Jasmina007

Reaction score
I have the same type of neighbour from hell, knockig at 2-3am, was told to mount a subwoofer on the ceiling to fight back, let them feel the vibration and noise. will the upstairs neighbour hear and feel it??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.