Noisy neighbour upstairs

Kanko San

Reaction score
No use.
Don't want death sentence..just use a knife to dig out the nuisance's eyes n make sure your enemy see darkness forever.
Only life sentence.

silverfang

Reaction score
Hdb very useless. Won't do anything.

Even email ministers to get updates involved in coming up with new Community Dispute Management Framework (easier CDRT) (https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...s-comunity-mediation-compulsory-review-252606) they also never reply. farking useless taking such high salaries, thief and robbery of taxpayers' money.

Suggest we pool our experiences and the effect these devils have on mental health and report to news organisations/newspapers to get awareness from ministers.

Reply here if interested
Im keen

Kia7200

Master Member
Reaction score
Install a ceiling fan with no rubber at the bracket la. On 24hrs they sure buatahan

jobs4sg

Reaction score
We should consolidate a list of retaliatory actions that we can take to make their lifes miserable. They should be legal, doesnt cause us to lose any sleep and not cost too much.

examples of time wasters: complain to Call MP, CDRT, CMC, SPF

Effective solutions? Let me start the ball rolling:
Using bamboo to hit ceiling, buy ceiling knocker from taobao. Blast speaker after midnight. Install ceiling fan without rubber (how does that work?).

Anymore to contribute?

Last edited:

killmepls

Reaction score
Any engineering students can tell us how to send electric currents through our ceiling to their floor. The toilet plunger gave me an idea of sticking that onto the ceiling and perhaps coiling a malleable metal around it

xxicingxx

Reaction score
Hi all,

Please ddl the one service app and give your feedback on neighbourly noise. You can tap on "what say you" icon and there should be a survey "Experience with neighbourly noise and views on possible actions that can be taken".

Even though the questions only ask one when the "quiet hours" should be but I also added my own views other than quiet hours such as footsteps and dragging of furniture.

Hopefully the govt will take in those feedback.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any engineering students can tell us how to send electric currents through our ceiling to their floor. The toilet plunger gave me an idea of sticking that onto the ceiling and perhaps coiling a malleable metal around it
You trying to kill your neighbours ?

petetherock

Reaction score
my neighbour also same,. agree that HDB is f**king useless.
Unless construction methods innovate, there isn't a lot we can do to isolate noise.
It's us not HDB that needs improvement. Humans make noise and are inconsiderate.
If there are less dense housing methods, we won't be complaining about this, but this noise issue affects most cities and when you travel, you realise this too..

jobs4sg

Reaction score
Can one sell HDB before 5yrs MOP due to noise issue?
My cousin appealed to HDB to sell before MOP based on the basis that his family has grown i.e. when he bought the 3 room flat, he only had 1 toddler + parents. After 3 years, he had 2 kids and 1 more otw so he needed at least a 4 room to accommodate his growing family. HDB approval was granted.

If you appeal based on noisy neighbours, HDB will probably send you a standard template advising you to go for mediation, CDRT etc. By the time you finished clearing all the red tape and getting a verdict at least 2 years later, your MOP will probably be up anyway so problem solved :)

Allgoodnbest

Reaction score
We should consolidate a list of retaliatory actions that we can take to make their lifes miserable. They should be legal, doesnt cause us to lose any sleep and not cost too much.

examples of time wasters: complain to Call MP, CDRT, CMC, SPF

Effective solutions? Let me start the ball rolling:
Using bamboo to hit ceiling, buy ceiling knocker from taobao. Blast speaker after midnight. Install ceiling fan without rubber (how does that work?).

Anymore to contribute?
I am being disturbed by my downstair neighbour with banging, knocking and draggings. So I am pretty sure you can make some noise to irritate your upstair. Not only on the ceiling but hope that your downstair neighbours are not affected. Similarly, if we hit the ceiling real hard, your upper next door unit may feel it too!
My downstair idiot drags every morning from 5.20am then followed by banging n knocking. Approached them 4x the past 2 weeks, they did not deny at all and is still inconsiderately selfish. I did not complain to HDB cos I know is useless.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am being disturbed by my downstair neighbour with banging, knocking and draggings. So I am pretty sure you can make some noise to irritate your upstair. Not only on the ceiling but hope that your downstair neighbours are not affected. Similarly, if we hit the ceiling real hard, your upper next door unit may feel it too!
My downstair idiot drags every morning from 5.20am then followed by banging n knocking. Approached them 4x the past 2 weeks, they did not deny at all and is still inconsiderately selfish. I did not complain to HDB cos I know is useless.
so what is their reason for all that noise ?

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unreasonable people so no reason. Just being selfish n inconsiderate. They can hoard their stuff on both sides of the walkway too!
That sucks. Damn sianz to have such inconsiderate arseholes living near you.

ThatRandomGuy

Reaction score
Same situation as you guys. My upstairs neighbor moved in back in march 2020. Covid wasn't the worst thing that happened. It was my neighbors moving in. They already have 6 kids. Earlier this year, they gave birth to the 7th.

Walao , 6 not enough meh? worse is they let the kids run around the house. The first time went to tell them, the husband open door and say ok. The 2nd time, the wife open door, act damn privilege one. Damn aggressive. Then we contacted RC. When RC members came to tell them, the wife say if not happy, tell them to move out.
We have been living here since 2000.

Don't know why they so obsessed to have so many kids. Government got give so much money to have kids? Last time ya-ya have car and motor. Now both gone. Now probably living off government support. Cancer leh this type of people.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same situation as you guys. My upstairs neighbor moved in back in march 2020. Covid wasn't the worst thing that happened. It was my neighbors moving in. They already have 6 kids. Earlier this year, they gave birth to the 7th.

Walao , 6 not enough meh? worse is they let the kids run around the house. The first time went to tell them, the husband open door and say ok. The 2nd time, the wife open door, act damn privilege one. Damn aggressive. Then we contacted RC. When RC members came to tell them, the wife say if not happy, tell them to move out.
We have been living here since 2000.

Don't know why they so obsessed to have so many kids. Government got give so much money to have kids? Last time ya-ya have car and motor. Now both gone. Now probably living off government support. Cancer leh this type of people.
Just think about how low their quality of life must be, and hopefully it will help you sleep better at night...

Haven't been able to sleep in the past few mornings because one of the units above keeps making some rapid pounding sounds, like somebody doing NS-style jogging on the spot warm-up. Occurrence of dragging sounds increasing again too.

Wife and I already went up to talk to various neighbours 3 times in the past 6 months. So happens that all 3 units above ours are occupied by CECA tenants. I suspect the one below us is also the same.

GBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

zencam

Reaction score
Wah! Today cannot take nap. My upstairs making too much noise in master room. Either kids running or adults walking like elephants, for the past hour! Already talked nicely to them but still no use. It is these type of low class idiotic neighbours from hell that make staying in one own home a living nightmare. Curse that they will get karma and suffer many times more

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.