Noisy neighbour upstairs

Sunsetting

Reaction score
This is going to sound crazy. Lately I get woken up by this constant beeping sound in the early morning. It is quite soft and low frequency sound. But I hear it and it wakes me. Initially I thought was from one of my gadgets or electronic device, but I checked it wasn't. I traced it to coming from the wall, or maybe ceiling. When I step out of the room it can't be heard. Anybody had similar experience? The sounds like the line engaged tone...

MokkoriChance

Reaction score
Now I just hit back at ceiling with my one metre changkol stick (bought at hardware shop but includes the blade) when upstairs start to knock at night, fortunately so far I guess they get the idea and stopped when I retaliated. Still have to bear with dragging noises though frequency is reduced a bit.

MokkoriChance

Reaction score
I don’t hit ceiling back at every single noises, but when the loud knocking happens within ten minutes a few times it is really infuriating, especially when trying to sleep at night. This has happened before as late as 4am, but it’s long interval (15-30 minutes) one as much as three times so no point call police.

xxicingxx

Reaction score
Mine is a point block, ever since covid their footstep could be heard and its very noticeable. Their footstep is so heavy that my ceiling lamp vibrate and its quite obvious its by them but they keep denying.

We also can hear jumping sound which is made by our neighbour from downstairs, thankfully they are very nice and cooperative neighbour.

MokkoriChance

Reaction score
Today CNA got 1 upper floor neighbour fined for disturb below
Yeah read about it too, fined for $10k. But it seems like the victims have to hire own lawyer to deal with this neighbour. And spend many time and resources to record evidences to win the case, fortunately this family they live in condo and apparently can afford it. Still, glad that the victims won the case.

Allgoodnbest

Reaction score
Do you guys know if it's possible to hear downstair neighbour dragging clearly and feel the vibration as if its on the ceiling? The echo and like trumpet sound.

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don’t hit ceiling back at every single noises, but when the loud knocking happens within ten minutes a few times it is really infuriating, especially when trying to sleep at night. This has happened before as late as 4am, but it’s long interval (15-30 minutes) one as much as three times so no point call police.
But your ceiling will get dirty.

Jasmina007

Reaction score
I have the same type of neighbour from hell, knockig at 2-3am, was told to mount a subwoofer on the ceiling to fight back, let them feel the vibration and noise. will the upstairs neighbour hear and feel it??

killmepls

Reaction score
Someone please help I can't continue living like this. With every knock, stomp, heavy dropping, whatever noise they have make to my ceiling, they have chipped away my sleep, knocked away my brain power, and crashed my ability to form comprehensive sentences and to communicate with people.

TLDR: I am unable to do work, unable to sleep, unable to go out because every time they knock I have to capture it as evidence and basically my life now is just to be woken up by them knocking and then record them making a lot of noise at a frequency of 5-10minutes from 5am to 11.30pm. Between that timing, at a random time they would knock 3 times every 10 seconds and it lasts a while. They are Taoist, so does that 3 knocks every 10 second for a few minutes have to do with religion or is it just them being douchebags? Then finally from 11.30pm I get my peace to do work on computer till only 3am (seriously not enough hours to even get things done). 3am cause I need 1 hour to wind down from the stress and another 1 hour to fall into deep sleep. But sadly 5am they wake up and start making noise. If not, I would be too paranoid to sleep at 5am, afraid that I would be rudely awaken by their stomping/deliberate knocking (always that 6-7knocks pattern and directly above where I sleep) until I can't sleep and it's their waking time and therefore I would have not slept for up to 48 hours. And what a coincidence, they also strike the hardest from 7am to 3pm. Is like they know I'm sleeping during that time. But I can't follow their sleep schedule too because I would have been doing nothing but recording them, hoping to find a perfect take where it capture their loudness and that annoying knocking rhythm they always do with annotation, timestamp and prove that noise is not make by me. Need advice on how I can live normally again.

More details:

I have read all 57 pages of this thread and a lot of people says HDB/Police/CMC/even court is useless. There's even this stuck up representative that came to this thread saying stuff like "All these HDB noises is normal, you want peace, you go landed/condo" which is the type of person I fear I would get if I ever engage any authority. I have since then record every time they stomp, knock, drag furniture, dropping of heavy items, recently got a metal noise/rolling of heavy objects but I am poor so I have only recorded these on my phone with various app. And end up the recording of the noises is not very clear/loud as I have experienced it. So I increase my frequency of recording to match theirs, to show how absurd their amount of noises are. Hoping authorities will take my distress seriously.

I used snapchat at first, which enables me to annotate and put a time stamp on the video but quality turns out poor. I then turned to various voice recording software apps (innate samsung app, dolby audio, even using another phone to find the best audio capture) to capture the sound. But then with audio file, comes the problem of authencity - your upstairs imbecile can say that you are just recording other sounds and then accuse them of making it. Plus there isn't a time indicator to prove they are making noise during quiet hours.

So now I use the innate phone camera to record but then comes the problem of the inability to annotate the video and show the time. To solve this, I wrote on paper to annotate what noise I just captured and then show the clock/other phone of the time. But another problem is that there's only so limited view of the camera. Sometimes when they dropped something loud, I flinched and in the video it looks like I tripped over a chair so therefore they can say can't prove noise is them.

This constant recording got me so tired, I wish I can move out and stay at some place while some thing help to capture all the noise in the house until some help could come but so far reading this forum show that our situation is hopeless. I know any authority wouldn't work for me cause it relies on them opening their freaking door. Which they do not when one of us when up when they are knocking at their floor again. But I still want to at least try get HDB to help us so we could find some info of the noises that's coming from upstairs. We don't exactly know how many people live upstairs. Their neighbours say is a father-son pair but when we saw one guy left the house for work there is still noise and the noise sounds like it was caused by more than one person. And it gets worse on weekends so maybe the son contribute to noise too. I know upstairs are rented from checking the recent transactions at propertyguru so I wish there's something that can be done about that? Any ideas?

And any inexpensive ideas (below $100) on what I can use to capture their noises as evidence? Need good recording device with good audio recording, especially stomping noises (I hate how it's so hard to capture) and can record 24/7 and doesn't eat a lot of memory too? or if by default it will eat a lot of memory I guess I have no choice I just want a good audio recording with a bit of visual to show that I am not the one making noise, it's upstairs. I read about getting security cams but how to avoid buying those where hackers could hack into your camera and control it? And how to know which one good at audio recording?

I also need an audio recorder where it's good to pick up noises from inside the house while you're standing outside. I need it to proof that it's the doing of upstairs selfish *******s.

I recorded my sleep on sleep cycle and my average hours of sleep is only 1-2hour. This has been going on since late july. Weird is that property guru says last rented transaction was in April. I assume they recently moved in? because only recently have so much incessant vexatious noise (it started with the 3 knocks ritual, then hourly thumping and loud knocking but when we only hit back with basketball or bamboo when their knocks are continuously loud, or maybe it was when one of us went up to knock on their door, then the frequency from hourly increased to every 5-10minutes). I even have anxiety attacks because of it.

Please give me some advice. And if you guys have tips like I read some of you journal the sounds I want to know how do you journal it like what categories you have and app you use to journal fast. Someone said they bought a recorder from lazada I really wish the person would reply some of the comments here what recorder was it. And also what can I do within the law towards them? E.g How much can I record? And I read about how even if you leave a note to tell them to quieten down, they can come after you with the note say you harassing them/vandalising their property but how legit is their accusation?

Last edited:

Kanko San

Master Member
Reaction score
Someone please help I can't continue living like this. With every knock, stomp, heavy dropping, whatever noise they have make to my ceiling, they have chipped away my sleep, knocked away my brain power, and crashed my ability to form comprehensive sentences and to communicate with people.

TLDR: I am unable to do work, unable to sleep, unable to go out because every time they knock I have to capture it as evidence and basically my life now is just to be woken up by them knocking and then record them making a lot of noise at a frequency of 5-10minutes from 5am to 11.30pm. Between that timing, at a random time they would knock 3 times every 10 seconds and it lasts a while. They are buddhist, so does that 3 knocks every 10 second for a few minutes have to do with religion or is it just them being douchebags? Then finally from 11.30pm I get my peace to do work on computer till only 3am (seriously not enough hours to even get things done). 3am cause I need 1 hour to wind down from the stress and another 1 hour to fall into deep sleep. But sadly 5am they wake up and start making noise. If not, I would be too paranoid to sleep at 5am, afraid that I would be rudely awaken by their stomping/deliberate knocking (always that 6-7knocks pattern and directly above where I sleep) until I can't sleep and it's their waking time and therefore I would have not slept for up to 48 hours. And what a coincidence, they also strike the hardest from 7am to 3pm. Is like they know I'm sleeping during that time. But I can't follow their sleep schedule too because I would have been doing nothing but recording them, hoping to find a perfect take where it capture their loudness and that annoying knocking rhythm they always do with annotation, timestamp and prove that noise is not make by me. Need advice on how I can live normally again.

More details:

I have read all 57 pages of this thread and a lot of people says HDB/Police/CMC/even court is useless. There's even this stuck up representative that came to this thread saying stuff like "All these HDB noises is normal, you want peace, you go landed/condo" which is the type of person I fear I would get if I ever engage any authority. I have since then record every time they stomp, knock, drag furniture, dropping of heavy items, recently got a metal noise/rolling of heavy objects but I am poor so I have only recorded these on my phone with various app. And end up the recording of the noises is not very clear/loud as I have experienced it. So I increase my frequency of recording to match theirs, to show how absurd their amount of noises are. Hoping authorities will take my distress seriously.

I used snapchat at first, which enables me to annotate and put a time stamp on the video but quality turns out poor. I then turned to various voice recording software apps (innate samsung app, dolby audio, even using another phone to find the best audio capture) to capture the sound. But then with audio file, comes the problem of authencity - your upstairs imbecile can say that you are just recording other sounds and then accuse them of making it. Plus there isn't a time indicator to prove they are making noise during quiet hours.

So now I use the innate phone camera to record but then comes the problem of the inability to annotate the video and show the time. To solve this, I wrote on paper to annotate what noise I just captured and then show the clock/other phone of the time. But another problem is that there's only so limited view of the camera. Sometimes when they dropped something loud, I flinched and in the video it looks like I tripped over a chair so therefore they can say can't prove noise is them.

This constant recording got me so tired, I wish I can move out and stay at some place while some thing help to capture all the noise in the house until some help could come but so far reading this forum show that our situation is hopeless. I know any authority wouldn't work for me cause it relies on them opening their freaking door. Which they do not when one of us when up when they are knocking at their floor again. But I still want to at least try get HDB to help us so we could find some info of the noises that's coming from upstairs. We don't exactly know how many people live upstairs. Their neighbours say is a father-son pair but when we saw one guy left the house for work there is still noise and the noise sounds like it was caused by more than one person. And it gets worse on weekends so maybe the son contribute to noise too. I know upstairs are rented from checking the recent transactions at propertyguru so I wish there's something that can be done about that? Any ideas?

And any inexpensive ideas (below $100) on what I can use to capture their noises as evidence? Need good recording device with good audio recording, especially stomping noises (I hate how it's so hard to capture) and can record 24/7 and doesn't eat a lot of memory too? or if by default it will eat a lot of memory I guess I have no choice I just want a good audio recording with a bit of visual to show that I am not the one making noise, it's upstairs. I read about getting security cams but how to avoid buying those where hackers could hack into your camera and control it? And how to know which one good at audio recording?

I also need an audio recorder where it's good to pick up noises from inside the house while you're standing outside. I need it to proof that it's the doing of upstairs selfish *******s.

I recorded my sleep on sleep cycle and my average hours of sleep is only 1-2hour. This has been going on since late july. Weird is that property guru says last rented transaction was in April. I assume they recently moved in? because only recently have so much incessant vexatious noise (it started with the 3 knocks ritual, then hourly thumping and loud knocking but when we only hit back with basketball or bamboo when their knocks are continuously loud, or maybe it was when one of us went up to knock on their door, then the frequency from hourly increased to every 5-10minutes). I even have anxiety attacks because of it.

Please give me some advice. And if you guys have tips like I read some of you journal the sounds I want to know how do you journal it like what categories you have and app you use to journal fast. Someone said they bought a recorder from lazada I really wish the person would reply some of the comments here what recorder was it. And also what can I do within the law towards them? E.g How much can I record? And I read about how even if you leave a note to tell them to quieten down, they can come after you with the note say you harassing them/vandalising their property but how legit is their accusation?
I am sad to hear that.
My friend had something like you and he went to book 2 month at Geylang Bunk Hotel ($20 a month).
He work from home at 9 am. After work..eat dinner n went to sleep at bunk Hotel. At least he get sleep from 10 pm till 6 am, 8 hours.
No point see TC, RC,HDB or Police.
Unless you want to kill that person n you also be prepared for life or death sentence.
Go watch VIU..Korean Drama n Suspense on killers on how they murder pple for fun

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.