Nowadays no more decent budget work laptop for 800?

thenextseeker

Reaction score
last time remember alot, now all min like 1k.

any reco for a work office budget laptop? budget ard 800-1.2k, light weight preferred and ard 14inch n above type.

is Dell the best? NEW Inspiron 15 3000 Laptop for 1049$ , this one best ? but got 800 or 900 one instead?

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a ryzen 3 is equivalent to a core i7 and cost less than 700. best one now is 5500u for 850 before coupons at qoo10

pawn_king

Reaction score
thinkpad E14/15? huawei matebooks?

refurbs at dell outlet? refurb thinkpad X1s T-series?

all below 1k

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The new huawei matebook d at $748.

When looking at budget get one with good screen

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have ah!!!!
Still depend on your budget and specs

Vassago

Reaction score

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
thinkpad E14/15? huawei matebooks?

refurbs at dell outlet? refurb thinkpad X1s T-series?

all below 1k
I must say, compared to this time last year, there aren't many good deals at the Dell Outlet Store.

Last year, when my sis was looking to get her machine, the selection was quite decent (4 pages of Latitudes!). They also ran an additional 15% off promo, which made her Latitude a pretty good buy.

christompa

Reaction score
i recently bought lenovo ideapad flex 5 from lenovo website @ $921 including the pen.
amd ryzen 5500U / 8 GB Ram / 512 SSD / 14" touch screen

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Less than $1000 laptop era was when laptops were becoming a commodity amongst office goers and tertiary students. And those computers were starting to become less bulky and more slim like Acer's Aspire X series...

Then a new ultra slim breed called Ultrabooks entered the market and jacked the prices back up to more than $1000. From then onwards, the prices steadily maintained over $1000 for minimum mid-range spec models.

Coupled up with many attempting to set their prices close to Apple MacBooks (Just like how ironically the initial cheap Xiaomis and Huaweis are now as expensive as iPhones now), unless you need a laptop to just perform simple tasks like using Microsoft Office and playing Solitaire, hard to get within 3-digit range already.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I must say, compared to this time last year, there aren't many good deals at the Dell Outlet Store.

Last year, when my sis was looking to get her machine, the selection was quite decent (4 pages of Latitudes!). They also ran an additional 15% off promo, which made her Latitude a pretty good buy.
How my experience with Dell's evolution is, 20 years ago, if you need to buy faulty parts, you will have to wait 5 days and over because their warehouse was in Malaysia.

Now, faster can get within a few days, depending the parts availability. And there will be a technician who comes to your place and change the parts. Just that it is a hassle to call up the tech support, then they will ask you take photos of your complaints and email them.

After a few rounds to and fro, if it is successfully classified under your standard warranty, they will send you the part for 1-to-1 exchange for free.

JivBunny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya. i needed one to just simply to do Zoom, Internet and also basic Office applications.... and couldnt find one Intel I3 in the range of $700-$800

End up getting an Pentium N6000 series laptop with 8gb Ram.

Personally not too bad, since i am pairing it with my office laptop and ipad Air4.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya. i needed one to just simply to do Zoom, Internet and also basic Office applications.... and couldnt find one Intel I3 in the range of $700-$800

End up getting an Pentium N6000 series laptop with 8gb Ram.

Personally not too bad, since i am pairing it with my office laptop and ipad Air4.

No reason to buy N6000 if budget less than $800. so many choices if you just check ANY shopping sites

Can buy dual core with local warranty. fhd ips screen
dH4nTlu.png

Quad core without warranty. fhd ips screen
sgecT5B.png

Quad core with warranty. fhd ips screen
GJfejPM.png

6 core with warranty. fhd ips screen
0T1GFPi.png

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No reason to buy N6000 if budget less than $800. so many choices if you just check ANY shopping sites

Can buy dual core with local warranty. fhd ips screen
dH4nTlu.png

Quad core without warranty. fhd ips screen
sgecT5B.png

Quad core with warranty. fhd ips screen
GJfejPM.png

6 core with warranty. fhd ips screen
0T1GFPi.png
If want expendable ram, go Dell outlet Inspiron section

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.