NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, its that time of the year....

knn, where u guys planning to apply? i tiagong SIM is a new favorite :eek::eek::eek:

Nosferato4

Reaction score
I believe the indicative grade profile for year 2015 at year 2014 is still not up yet.

How high do you think the IGP will increase this time ?XD

Nosferato4

Reaction score
Wa Weaboo didi so kan chiong :)

IGP for the year usually out in late Nov - Dec. Sometimes slower.

I will update this google spreadsheet when the info is available:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EtDYnZaSVRJd0lIUEZzN0pkRTVGaVE&hl=en_GB&gid=1

Rising trend due to grade inflation in Polytechnics. :(

Ya.. i agree on the point made about grade inflation.. when i first entered poly SMU'S cut off was about 3.5+ and NUS/NTU was also 3.5-3.6.....

Either poly students went from "i dont give a fuk" to "i wanna b the next lee kwan yew" or lecturerers are starting to give free riders A's and B's instead of F's...

O well ._.

Last edited:

Nosferato4

Reaction score
Woah. How long did you take to do this spread sheet o_O

Wa Weaboo didi so kan chiong :)

IGP for the year usually out in late Nov - Dec. Sometimes slower.

I will update this google spreadsheet when the info is available:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EtDYnZaSVRJd0lIUEZzN0pkRTVGaVE&hl=en_GB&gid=1

Rising trend due to grade inflation in Polytechnics. :(

And good job for the spreadsheet... It will serve as a reminder for poly peeps who wanna get into the uni of their choice to stop horsing around and work hard from Year 1 sem 1 of their semester all the way to the end because nothing stays the same forever :s13:

cheeyarn

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have a CGPA of 3.7
Diploma in leisure and resort managment with merit
L1R4:15

Interested to get into NTU communication studies or economics. Previously applied economics as first xhoice for the past two years, but was rejected. Decided to try for communication studies for this final try before i finally ORD. Any recommendations? Ehat re my chances?

Nosferato4

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have a CGPA of 3.7
Diploma in leisure and resort managment with merit
L1R4:15

Interested to get into NTU communication studies or economics. Previously applied economics as first xhoice for the past two years, but was rejected. Decided to try for communication studies for this final try before i finally ORD. Any recommendations? Ehat re my chances?

NTU economics has a 10th percentile GPA of 3.6. Why cant you get in o_O? Your O levels don't seem to be that bad and Merit is a plus factor for you.

Communication studies has a higher 10th percentile. It may be difficult, but still try anyway. With your GPA you should be able to get into the course of your choice.

My advice is, try agian. If they reject you, consider applying to NUS to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (there are other better uni's too). They have a 10th Percentile of 3.68 and you can choose economics as one of the major/specializations.

If I were you though, I wouldn't consider NTU economics, it is not the best economics course in ASIA, in terms of brand, recognition and holistically wise

Last edited:

Darkzi0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bcos final gpa or o lvl scores might not be the onli factors they consider. other factors include wether u have taken certain subjects during o'lvl (such as Amath for ntu econs)... certain subjects or the poly course u were from may also be given different weightage for different courses.

cheeyarn

Reaction score
NTU economics has a 10th percentile GPA of 3.6. Why cant you get in o_O? Your O levels don't seem to be that bad and Merit is a plus factor for you.

Communication studies has a higher 10th percentile. It may be difficult, but still try anyway. With your GPA you should be able to get into the course of your choice.

My advice is, try agian. If they reject you, consider applying to NUS to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (there are other better uni's too). They have a 10th Percentile of 3.68 and you can choose economics as one of the major/specializations.

If I were you though, I wouldn't consider NTU economics, it is not the best economics course in ASIA, in terms of brand, recognition and holistically wise

Hi, i have really no idea... it has bugging me for quite awhile. I took amaths and economics during my secondary and poly time respectively. I also applied for nus fass for the previous 2 years, but they rejected me too which i dunno why.

Could it be the reason that i am serving ns now? I kinda at a loss about what to do. I dont really wanna go SIM with my gpa!

Nosferato4

Reaction score
bcos final gpa or o lvl scores might not be the onli factors they consider. other factors include wether u have taken certain subjects during o'lvl (such as Amath for ntu econs)... certain subjects or the poly course u were from may also be given different weightage for different courses.

Cheeyarn, you may wish to take note of the above point^. This reason may prove to be true for some NTU courses.

If you really wish to get into NTU, I suggest you re-take subjects you did badly/mediocre in your O'levels and try to score an A.

Hi, i have really no idea... it has bugging me for quite awhile. I took amaths and economics during my secondary and poly time respectively. I also applied for nus fass for the previous 2 years, but they rejected me too which i dunno why.

Could it be the reason that i am serving ns now? I kinda at a loss about what to do. I dont really wanna go SIM with my gpa!

No! In fact, NS should be an advantage especially if you get into command school! (That is also considered a non-accademic achievement)

Other awards like best soldier may help too! NS is the best time to talk about your experiences and what made you decide (forgive me if I sound too drama or cliche) on going into that dream course!

NTU/NUS/SMU requires students to write more about themselves for the courses they require to get into/why and there is a portion for non-accademic achievements.

Remember to fill that up! Don't think it is not important because there are many people with the same GPA as you, so how do they consider applicants? To see if they have any additional talents/achievements they can bring with them outside their GPA!!! I cannot stress this enough, especially if you are from a poly!

Also, I feel you about not being able to get into a local university of my choice! I screwed up my admission to get into my several dream courses at various Local U's during the first year because I thought they only look at GPA, and hence I didn't really bother much with the interview/and did not fill my non-CCA achievements. I thought I would definitely secure a place butI was so FRIGGIN WRONG.

I felt like I was going to die literally because I couldn't get into a Local U. It was awful because I worked so friggin hard in poly D':

Fortunately, I managed to pull myself together and manage to not screw up the second time and got into a local U with a course of my choice :s13:

So, DONT GIVE UP BRO. Now that you are closer to ORD, find some time to improve yourself, hunt down your poly lecturer to write you that testimonial letter for your university admission as they will really help.

You are a merit holder, I am sure you have worked hard for it and paid attention during leessons. Your lecturers 会给你面子 if you are sincere and ask nicely!

If all else fails, there is always a local university route outside of NTU/NUS and it can be even better than the two.. but I can't say here.. later people will think I am biased towards certain university... :vijayadmin:

Just request for a PM if you want more info!

Last edited:

Minister

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys can i ask if i were to re-apply again this year, do i use back the same application code to apply?

Nosferato4

Reaction score
If i have a record in imh in the past, does it lower my chances of getting into a uni? Tia gong a lot of my classmate say dis shyt ): made me very demoralized hais.

** rah, whai chiu cum here di siao siao :s11:

Guys can i ask if i were to re-apply again this year, do i use back the same application code to apply?

No. You are to sign up for a new admission code/account for the university itself. This applies for NTU/NUS/SMU**

**For SMU you can request the undergraduate admissions office to renew your old admissions computer account to re-apply again if you were unsuccessful during your first admission.

You still will have to re-pay the administrative fees for re-applying to the universities you were unsuccessful for.

applexn12

Reaction score
Ngee Ann Poly Accountancy
5 Sem GPA 3.69
O Levels L1B4 7
L1R5 12 (Taken A Maths)

What is my chance for NTU Accountancy & SMU Accountancy course?

Nosferato4

Reaction score
Ngee Ann Poly Accountancy
5 Sem GPA 3.69
O Levels L1B4 7
L1R5 12 (Taken A Maths)

What is my chance for NTU Accountancy & SMU Accountancy course?

For NTU accountacny, your chances are very very slim. Your GPA is somewhat moderately-far away from their 10th Percentile at a difference of 0.1.

Your O level seem to be decent. But nevertheless, if it is your dream course and you have a strong interest for it , go and apply :s13: . Just be sure to get more testimonial letters/recommendation letters/do some cca's etc. After all, 10th Percentile of 3.79 for NTU accountancy is just a guide, not an actual cut off

For SMU Accountancy, your GPA is relatively close to the 10th percentile of 3.72, so you may be shortlisted (I would say 40-55% chance) for the interview.

Just be sure to fill in the non-accademic portion and the short essay /3 CCA's you think are most important to you. Those are very important because SMU does not just look at grades solely. They want to see if you have the potential to be holistically successful and be an all rounder. Same for what I recommend as the NTU one.

If you do get shortlisted, you must do well for the group interview/single person interview (For SMU accountancy, I've heard they do either one of this) or you still won't get accepted.

Take note that, this is based off the Indicative Grade Profile (IGP) based on year 2013 for year 2014 admissions.

The IGP based on year 2014 for 2015 admissions will be out within a month and you may have to wait and see to determine what course of action you need to take.

orzzwh

Reaction score
What are the chances for me to get in SMU economic as I'm from a total irrelevant course?
I am taking science courses with GPA 3.96 and 14 distinction right now, But I didn't take O level

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Waiting to apply smu and ntu.... haiz last year ntu dun wan Me :(:(:(:(

bwatch

Reaction score
Guys what are my chance of getting into
NTU EEE please advice thx
from Singapore poly Aerospace electronics
with 5sems CGPA :3.63
GCE O LVL :L1R4 16 points
Have O lvl A maths also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.