NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonMooWK

Reaction score
Wow so fast? Did you apply during the recent poly admissions exercise or through some other special admissions?

Nope. I applied through the normal poly admission exercise. Yeah, I am kinda surprise too. Totally didnt expect to receive the outcome this early.

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya english test. write essay.
i applied for Accountancy, i think my major problem was that i do not have Amaths. Maybe thats why i was called up for a test.

How is Amaths related to english test?
You prolly didnt meet the english grade..forgot was it b4 or b3

bangzzzz

Reaction score

haha my english, i got B3.. and my other friend, english A1, still called down to do the test lol

jameskoay

Reaction score
How's the gap like from Poly to local U (Biz) ?

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using GAGT

Assuming exact same course? then the gap is not very big for most modules except the mathematical ones like Microecons and Business analytics which involves more logic and math.. even JC econs is not that mathematical.

its not that hard to do well :) choose your battles wisely.

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

During 2011 & 2012 there were 2 seperate arrangements for students who did not meet the Amaths requirement or the EL requirement.

Its been combined. So you have to go for the interview cum written test if you dont meet either requirement.

During my year it was C5 for Add maths and B3 for English. Might have changed by now.

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya english test. write essay.
i applied for Accountancy, i think my major problem was that i do not have Amaths. Maybe thats why i was called up for a test.

Over the phone/email they might have made it sound like a big thing.

But its actually just a short 10-15 min essay write about 200 words.

The essay has a 2nd purpose in addition to testinf your english - it also lets the interview know more about you. The topic is usually like my Ambition, my dream career, my hobbies, my role model, my favorite business leader etc.

protip: current & global affairs will impress the interviewers. Traits of a biz sch student.

Weaboo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Over the phone/email they might have made it sound like a big thing.

But its actually just a short 10-15 min essay write about 200 words.

The essay has a 2nd purpose in addition to testinf your english - it also lets the interview know more about you. The topic is usually like my Ambition, my dream career, my hobbies, my role model, my favorite business leader etc.

protip: current & global affairs will impress the interviewers. Traits of a biz sch student.

bro, 2nd year i apply, nbs hiam me again :(

glorious94

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys think 6 sem GPA: 3.89 got chance for double degree in biz and acc and NTU scholarship?

Was previously from Ngee Ann biz course, raw L1R4:9
Eng: B4
Amath: A1

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys think 6 sem GPA: 3.89 got chance for double degree in biz and acc and NTU scholarship?

Was previously from Ngee Ann biz course, raw L1R4:9
Eng: B4
Amath: A1

Can prolly get the degree easily..but not sure about the scholarship

I did better than you for everything but they didn't bother interviewing me twice :( (scholarship)

MadCode

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious hor, will the scholarship for poly kias open again later?

iLikeYour

Reaction score
GPA 3.9,
O lvl L1R4:10,

Applied for Aerospace Engineering in NTU, what do you guys think about my chances in getting in and the course's job prospects ??

Havok_ex

Reaction score
GPA 3.9,
O lvl L1R4:10,

Applied for Aerospace Engineering in NTU, what do you guys think about my chances in getting in and the course's job prospects ??

High chance of getting in. Great prospects as well.

intime

Reaction score
Latest GES?

Is this the latest GES?

11021125_10152707464592934_6001056033221335253_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/ChannelNew...3.96699.93889432933/10152707464592934/?type=1

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Okay guys, the new graduate employment survey is out.

NUS: http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/post-secondary/files/ges-nus.pdf

NTU:http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/post-secondary/files/ges-ntu.pdf

SMU: http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/post-secondary/files/ges-smu.pdf

You can compare with last year's statistics here:

Graduate Employment Survey 2013 (Published 2014) | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

The honor of having the lowest employment rate this year goes to NTU psychology. Dropped from a 71.8% to a 54.9%.

Although because of the small size of individual NTU HSS courses, their employment rates fluctuate quite alot from year to year. Also since they dont seperate their honors and non-honors grads in the survey, it is skewed towards the lower end. NUS FASS and SMU Social Science only reveals data as an entire school, not individual courses. They also seperate the honors from the non-honors. For all we know, their psychology grads might be in the same situation as NTU grads as well. Especially so for NUS FASS which lumps in highly employed courses such as economics with courses with less luck with employment in order to make the stats look better. So do take the statistics with a pinch of salt.

zero_88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GPA 3.73
L1R4 = 17
NYP Business Enterprise IT

CHances of gettting into NTU comp science ?

worked for 2 years already though.

Please dun come com science, it is really not EASY...

it is extremely challenging:s22:

zero_88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2sbu1wk.jpg

In the GES 2013, NTU Economic is full time employment rate is 83.5%

sdmc82.jpg

However in last year survey, NTU economic full time employment rate seem to drop slightly....although pay increase, it is only 78.4%

Nosferato4

Reaction score

That is the median gross monthly salary.

Okay guys, the new graduate employment survey is out.

NUS: http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/post-secondary/files/ges-nus.pdf

NTU:http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/post-secondary/files/ges-ntu.pdf

SMU: http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/post-secondary/files/ges-smu.pdf

You can compare with last year's statistics here:

Graduate Employment Survey 2013 (Published 2014) | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

The honor of having the lowest employment rate this year goes to NTU psychology. Dropped from a 71.8% to a 54.9%.

Although because of the small size of individual NTU HSS courses, their employment rates fluctuate quite alot from year to year. Also since they dont seperate their honors and non-honors grads in the survey, it is skewed towards the lower end. NUS FASS and SMU Social Science only reveals data as an entire school, not individual courses. They also seperate the honors from the non-honors. For all we know, their psychology grads might be in the same situation as NTU grads as well. Especially so for NUS FASS which lumps in highly employed courses such as economics with courses with less luck with employment in order to make the stats look better. So do take the statistics with a pinch of salt.

This is the actual Graduate Employment Survey of 2015 for every one's reference:

http://www.salary.sg/2015/graduate-employment-survey-2014-published-2015/

Seems like SMU business salary is up tops again as compared to NTU and NUS biz that had their salary (surprisingly) dropped.

All the best for people whom are considering the Big 3 for Admissions this year!

Last edited:

zero_88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is the median gross monthly salary.

This is the actual Graduate Employment Survey of 2015 for every one's reference:

Graduate Employment Survey 2014 (Published 2015) | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

Seems like SMU business salary is up tops again as compared to NTU and NUS biz that had their salary (surprisingly) dropped.

All the best for people whom are considering the Big 3 for Admissions this year!

why the CNA version like so little degree? how abt computer science, why nvr mention in NTU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.