NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
2,971
Reaction score
1
U applied comp scien? Mine is processing as well and no interview called. Sian, this year is so weird.

nus comp sci interview are only conducted if you failed some of their min req

e.g. No A Math
 
Last edited:

alianagrande

Junior Member
Joined
May 5, 2015
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
ikr. appeal starts on next week so i guess they should release it before 22/05.
as for NTU, appeal window opens tomorrow and email nowhere to be found. sian.

hi guys, i also applied for com sci, never hear anything at all... no acceptance, no rejection.
 

Exlier

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2015
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
so just submit appeal tomorrow? or wait till last day of the appealing period?
I emailed NUS before and they said they're releasing application outcome all the way till late May.

For that, I am not sure. I emailed NTU before too.. They said the application outcome will be made known anytime till June 2015. I am also in delimma.. Whether to submit appeal tmr or wait until the day before the last day..
 

fathernature

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
For that, I am not sure. I emailed NTU before too.. They said the application outcome will be made known anytime till June 2015. I am also in delimma.. Whether to submit appeal tmr or wait until the day before the last day..

Submit first. Appeal will come later. Then reject the appeal ah. If appealing same course. no harm
 

Havok_ex

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
0
Do you think appealing my 4th choice course makes sense? Havent get any news from my first choice course

It might be better to appeal to another choice course. According to NTU Appeal faq:

"If you are not offered any programme that you had previously opted, it is highly unlikely that your appeal to the same programme will be successful. However, you are not precluded from appealing for the same programme that you had selected."

http://askntu.ntu.edu.sg/Home/hybrid/Themes/NTU/answers.asp?ProjectId=7474024&CurProjectId=7474024&MesId=5416790&isCFP=&isListings=&goBack=&From=Show&TOPV=YES&VMesID=411802&loginsession=No
 

photobuff

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2013
Messages
537
Reaction score
0
If I'm not wrong...... You need to accept offer in the first window. Otherwise offer lapse. Cannot get back. So if don't accept any offer, then gone case liao. Unless second window you have offer. But rare.
 

vonnorth

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
It might be better to appeal to another choice course. According to NTU Appeal faq:

"If you are not offered any programme that you had previously opted, it is highly unlikely that your appeal to the same programme will be successful. However, you are not precluded from appealing for the same programme that you had selected."

http://askntu.ntu.edu.sg/Home/hybri...m=Show&TOPV=YES&VMesID=411802&loginsession=No

I see.. Do you think it's okay to appeal without any recommendation and stuff? I have no such thing at all.. I dont know why NTU still hasnt accepted me when my rank point is way higher than my first choice course.. Maybe because im a foreigner..
 

vonnorth

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
It might be better to appeal to another choice course. According to NTU Appeal faq:

"If you are not offered any programme that you had previously opted, it is highly unlikely that your appeal to the same programme will be successful. However, you are not precluded from appealing for the same programme that you had selected."

http://askntu.ntu.edu.sg/Home/hybri...m=Show&TOPV=YES&VMesID=411802&loginsession=No

And, does that answer from NTU mean that it's better to appeal to totally new course? Is my FOURTH choice course considered as 'programme that I had previously opted'??
 

igniteyourbonesx

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
NTU HSS Tea Party 23 May 2015

Hello everyoneeeeeeeeee!

Has anyone got an invitation for NTU HSS Tea Party on 23 May 2015?
Hands up
:s13::s12::yawn::look:
 

MoxLotus

Master Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
2,971
Reaction score
1
I see.. Do you think it's okay to appeal without any recommendation and stuff? I have no such thing at all.. I dont know why NTU still hasnt accepted me when my rank point is way higher than my first choice course.. Maybe because im a foreigner..

GPA = 80%, the other 20% come from O lvl
u can do your calculation.
Suppose your GPA is 4.0, that means u have 80% of the Admission points
compared to someone with 3.6 GPA and L1R4=5, that person will have 92% of the Admission points. =)
 

vonnorth

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
GPA = 80%, the other 20% come from O lvl
u can do your calculation.
Suppose your GPA is 4.0, that means u have 80% of the Admission points
compared to someone with 3.6 GPA and L1R4=5, that person will have 92% of the Admission points. =)


Haha im from jc
 

MoxLotus

Master Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
2,971
Reaction score
1
Haha im from jc

oh.. in that case, the only explanation will be that the course you have chosen is really competitive this year. Which sch/course did you choose? (Remember IGP is only a guideline doesnt guarantee anything) e.g. NUS comp sci have 10%tile of BBB last time, and a year later, its AAB. So a person with ABB will think he/she stand a chance but actually a borderline case. This year its AAA LOL.
 

SgJae08

Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
441
Reaction score
0
It might be better to appeal to another choice course. According to NTU Appeal faq:

"If you are not offered any programme that you had previously opted, it is highly unlikely that your appeal to the same programme will be successful. However, you are not precluded from appealing for the same programme that you had selected."

http://askntu.ntu.edu.sg/Home/hybri...m=Show&TOPV=YES&VMesID=411802&loginsession=No

HI Havok,

Sent you a pm. Need some advise from you.

Thanks!
 

vonnorth

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
oh.. in that case, the only explanation will be that the course you have chosen is really competitive this year. Which sch/course did you choose? (Remember IGP is only a guideline doesnt guarantee anything) e.g. NUS comp sci have 10%tile of BBB last time, and a year later, its AAB. So a person with ABB will think he/she stand a chance but actually a borderline case. This year its AAA LOL.

Computer eng for both nus and ntu!! But they dont even offer me second choice course leh.. Will there be disadvantage if i do not put a course as first choice?

Or maybe just because im a foreigner thats why
 

MoxLotus

Master Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
2,971
Reaction score
1
Computer eng for both nus and ntu!! But they dont even offer me second choice course leh.. Will there be disadvantage if i do not put a course as first choice?

Or maybe just because im a foreigner thats why

Order of choice is important especially when applicants have similar admission grades.
 

vonnorth

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Order of choice is important especially when applicants have similar admission grades.

Ok so my course became ABB from BCC.. thats the reason.. Or, because Im a foreigner.

By the way, is number of intake of courses important?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.
Top