NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

anglewing

Reaction score
Should I go SMU SIS with a GPA of 3.55? I heard it has high dropout rate...

Not sure about the dropout rate, but in my personal opinion, I think SMU's SIS is its best course, even better than its business/acc which its usually known for. SIS's pedagogy is quite interesting, and I find it better than NUS/NTU's equivalent Information Systems courses.

However, do be prepared, because I've also heard that its SMU's most stressful course. You would need to put in alot of your time to do well.

On a sidenote: If in the end you decide to go for business/social sciences, would strongly suggest NTU/NUS instead.

mrstranger123

Reaction score
Not sure about the dropout rate, but in my personal opinion, I think SMU's SIS is its best course, even better than its business/acc which its usually known for. SIS's pedagogy is quite interesting, and I find it better than NUS/NTU's equivalent Information Systems courses.

However, do be prepared, because I've also heard that its SMU's most stressful course. You would need to put in alot of your time to do well.

On a sidenote: If in the end you decide to go for business/social sciences, would strongly suggest NTU/NUS instead.

Thanks for the reply. I will consider. Ultimately, I wanna do well and not take much risk to fail the course. But your information is deeply appreciated.

Yeah, but doubt I can ever go into business/social sciences with those grades...

darthllord

Reaction score
have you send NTU your final semester results?

Not yet man. Final results not out yet at Ngee Ann. Anyways they don't consider it after giving you offer. In my offer letter they say must submit just to show that you have completed diploma.

Nosferato4

Reaction score
The bottom line is that it does not matter which business school you study in. If you are good, companies will headhunt you or/and you can earn alot of money regardless which school you are in. Only the weak will rely on their school for their own future. Degree is becoming irrelevant in today's society.

In other countries? Maybe. The hard truth is most of the people have no choice but to rely on their school for their own future, and even headhunting is also based on academia or a mature candidate with years of experience.

Unless the SG government makes some drastic changes, that isn't going to change anything in the next few years to come. I wouldn't try applying for a decent paying job position without a degree here.

Your first job is nothing unless you have worked in there for a substantial period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.