NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudfirst

Reaction score
Too long

GPA 3.71 Mechanical Engineer with Merit but NO O level results.

Last year didn't get into NTU Mechanical Engineering, this year still pending.

Everybody cheer up!

happygigs

Reaction score
Hi people, anybody applied for SMU? Do we have to emphasis on the CCA portion? (I only joined 2 CCA's my entire life..) Am worried that it will affect my application status :(

MrBolster

Reaction score
Hi people, anybody applied for SMU? Do we have to emphasis on the CCA portion? (I only joined 2 CCA's my entire life..) Am worried that it will affect my application status :(

Yeah I'm not sure how the CCA portion will affect the application.
I've submitted most of my Uni apps with (imo) above average CCA certifications (Gold in secondary school, Gold with honours in Poly, Represented Singapore, etc) but my GPA is nonetheless 3.48 so :s22: IDK ALSO

turnbackclock

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

gpa/score is the most important, cca not that useful one. even if you are some president of the club, score is still more important.
Hard to verify what you do in your CCA furthermore.

storiestolive

Reaction score
Hi guys :)

I'm a poly student with GPA 3.86 and L1R4 9.
Got in NTU Psych & NUS FASS 13th March and 16th March respectively. I went for SMU SoSci & NIE interview (haha so kiasu) but haven't heard from them yet.

Any questions are welcome :) Also, any advice about NTU Psych/NUS Psych? :s13:

witchboyz

Reaction score
Hi guys :)

I'm a poly student with GPA 3.86 and L1R4 9.
Got in NTU Psych & NUS FASS 13th March and 16th March respectively. I went for SMU SoSci & NIE interview (haha so kiasu) but haven't heard from them yet.

Any questions are welcome :) Also, any advice about NTU Psych/NUS Psych? :s13:

You going nus fass or ntu hss?

Joline Ng

Reaction score
if my fifth semester is internship, i should not include it in the application? use only 4 semesters?

Joline Ng

Reaction score
thanks! have you got the offer? just worried. so many people got the offer.
any one receive nus computer engineering or ntu eee offer?

turnbackclock

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks! have you got the offer? just worried. so many people got the offer.
any one receive nus computer engineering or ntu eee offer?

don't worry, pretty sure you will get in with 3.87. Got my offer 2years ago, haha.

Last edited:

ilovesushi

Reaction score
include the fifth semester also. internship also have grading what.

I think those from TP only applied with 4 semester results, our fifth semester result indicated as "in-progress". I guess that is why i still have not received my offer bah? Is it true that they will hold our application until they have received our final two semester result?

turnbackclock

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think those from TP only applied with 4 semester results, our fifth semester result indicated as "in-progress". I guess that is why i still have not received my offer bah? Is it true that they will hold our application until they have received our final two semester result?

Have no idea about that, but I do know that people have gotten offers with combination of 5 semesters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.