NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

king-ston

Reaction score
yo guys, I am from ngee ann poly,biomedical engineering.
My first 5 sem:3.567
My olevel l1b4:14
Emath&amath:b3
Chinese:A1
Higher chinese:b3
Eng:D7
Combine science:A1
Poa:a2
I applied for SIT and NTU.
I already got my interview for SIT pharmaceutical engineering.
I applied Chinese, bioengineering and EEE as my first three choices for ntu respectively.
Is the chance high for me to get into Chinese study? Im really interested in Chinese.
How will the interview be like? Will there be written test?what if i failed QET?
Thank you very much

Joline Ng

Reaction score
I heard from my friend. He say uni will give interview to students. Is it only for business? Or all student ? Or applying scholarship ?

kaiming72

Reaction score
just curious, is the written essay component an important criteria to be admitted into NUS bizad?

Uberboredom

Reaction score
Just wondering.. I got a gpa of 3.05,by any chance do any of you think i stand a chance?

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

Unknownx

Reaction score
I'm wondering is there anyone coming from poly, no o level and accepted into NUS/NTU/SMU?

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can graduate from all 3 universities in less than 3 years. NBS 2.5years(with honours), NUS 3 years (without honours), SMU 3 years.

If you want to work in Big 4, study NBS because it is the shortest and has direct honours. Most of the NBS accounting students go to Big 4, so you will have a huge advantage in term of personal network.

If you want good branding in your resume, go SMU. Many companies like SMU students as they are very vocal. But after your first job, your qualification is irrelevant.

If you want to work in government sector, go NUS.

If you just want to rely on your school to get a job/internship, go SMU. if can't, go NBS.

If you want to start work asap, go NBS.

If you want to earn >5k a month, be in the dean list and be president/VP of a club or chairperson of an event.

If you can't get into local university, be a salesman (property agent, financial planner, insurance agent, or b2b salesman). Don't be discourage if you go this route because VERY GOOD salesman can earn 100k a year. At least you still have a shot to be climb up the social ladder (Social mobility).

The bottom line is that it does not matter which business school you study in. If you are good, companies will headhunt you or/and you can earn alot of money regardless which school you are in. Only the weak will rely on their school for their own future. Degree is becoming irrelevant in today's society.

quoted for teh truth

Havok_ex

Reaction score
try NIE if you don't mind teaching in the future.

You mean nie diploma programs? Because I know for a fact that a 3.05 would not have a chance for nie at all. Sorry to burst your bubble. maybe if he has a good art portfolio he might get into ADM.

Last edited:

turnbackclock

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean nie diploma programs? Because I know for a fact that a 3.05 would not have a chance for nie at all. Sorry to burst your bubble. maybe if he has a good art portfolio he might get into ADM.!

you are right, but that the closest he can probably get. no harm trying.
but if it was me, I would probably give SIT and SUTD a try.

wclaudia

Reaction score
NTU Admission

Hello, this is my first time posting here, and I have read through the forum, but I havent seen much of a reply for someone with my case.

School: Ngee Ann Poly (Accountancy)
CGPA: 3.818 (Including 6th sem)
COM: Maybe not?
O Levels: L1R4: 11, L1R5: 14 (Eng: B4)
Applying: NTU, SMU, NUS: Accountancy

Reply: Still waiting:s22:

Would really appreciate a reply, and I am really hoping to get into NTU, but I heard that you will need about a 3.85 to safely have a spot, although I have already met the 10th percentile. Will this mean that I have to go for the discretionary interview?:s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.