NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeBracko

Reaction score
Just got an offer today from NTU but it's my third choice, Materials Engineering :( shall apply again next year lol :s22:

wkweewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been accepted by both NTU and NUS Chemical Engineering. I am confused as to which one to choose. Although NUS has a higher ranking and more reputation, there will be tough competition and NTU may be a safer bet to graduate with a first class/second upper degree, which is finally what matters.

Any advice?:s11:

Haha if the course is popular competition would be at the high side also.. doesn't matter where you go.

DeBracko

Reaction score
Hi I also applied for MSE & am still waiting for their reply. May I know what's ur grade if don't mind? Tks! :)

Hey congrats haha mind sharing your results? my friend applied for ME also, but hasn't received anything from ntu :s12:

I'm from NYP and my gpa is 3.58 :s13:

My first choice was Mechanical Engineering but it seems like I didn't make the cut :(

vsdqwerty26

Reaction score
got offered for a place in Com. science in NTU, but didn't applied for scholarship during application. Anyone knows if it's possible for me to apply for scholarship again? If so, when or where?

Thanks!

What's your rank points, if you don't mind me asking?
My gf applied for the same course in NTU and hasn't got her letter of acceptance yet....

Brainheng

Reaction score
University Admission

Hi everyone

I'm a polytechnic graduate with a diploma in Banking and Financial Services
GPA: 3.501 (6 sems)
CCA: Gold
Took A maths in Secondary School
L1R5 13 R4 10 (8 after minus)

Was hoping to get into Biz or econs in NUS,NTU or SMU. Now just hoping to just get a course inside.

NUS choice:
1. biz
2. fass
3. biz analytics
4. projects and facilities management
5. real estate

NTU:
1. biz
2. econs
3. math science
4. soci
5. mec eng

SMU:
1. biz
2. econs
3. social science
4. accountancy
5. info sys

May I get a sensing as to the chances of even entering a local uni, thank you all very much

schoolboyz

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Was hoping to get into Biz or econs in NUS,NTU or SMU. Now just hoping to just get a course inside.

NUS choice:
1. biz
2. fass
3. biz analytics
5. real estate

NTU:
1. biz
2. econs
3. math science
4. soci
5. mec eng

SMU:
1. biz
2. econs
3. social science
4. accountancy
5. info sys

May I get a sensing as to the chances of even entering a local uni, thank you all very much

Seems the GPAs for NUS programmes are much more higher than 3.50

http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/gradeprofile/sprogramme-igp.html

schoolboyz

Reaction score
Seems the GPAs for NUS programmes are much more higher than 3.50

http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/gradeprofile/sprogramme-igp.html

There may be some courses of NTU at around 3.5GPA u may wanna try but whether u are keen or suitable for those courses is another story..

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just a question. In the event where we are accepted into a course in School A, but was rejected from a course offered by School B and we want to go to school B, can we accept the course offered by A and then withdraw from A if the appeal to school B is successful.

Yup. You still can withdraw if your appeal to school B is successful.

jinglejingle

Reaction score
Had been offered NTU maths and econs and NUS Real estate both 2nd choice. wanted to get into business though(my grades are not fantastic). still hoping for smu to reply and I had taken the English test and interview on 9th april. :zonia:

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hi everyone

NUS choice:
1. biz
2. fass
3. biz analytics
5. real estate

NTU:
1. biz
2. econs
3. math science
4. soci
5. mec eng

SMU:
1. biz
2. econs
3. social science
4. accountancy
5. info sys

At best, you'll either get SMU infosys or NTU math sci or soci. The other courses seem too far from your GPA. Even math sci seems to be quite far though. Soci is under NTU HSS, which also tends to have a very volatile IGP due to the small sample size of the cohorts. So I wouldnt even bank on that.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Had been offered NTU maths and econs and NUS Real estate both 2nd choice. wanted to get into business though(my grades are not fantastic). still hoping for smu to reply and I had taken the English test and interview on 9th april. :zonia:

JC/poly? What are your grades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.