NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickttmseller

Reaction score
which course are you appealing to and what are your rp? :)

I chose a few choices when applying for NTU
1. Acc
2. Biz
3. Comp Science

I was then given Comp Science without having any interview for Acc or Biz. So this time I will like to appeal for Accountancy course again.

I am studying at Singapore Polytechnic (IT course)
GPA: 3.80

xyyyyyy999

Reaction score
saw one with rank points 73+( after mt bonus) and got rejected from fass:/
I am in the same situation haha, and it's been so long since my application is processing 2 weeks ago. Anyway cheer up! maybe just need that bit of a luck!

my application is still at received even though i submitted it quite early!! :/

maicowpeh

Reaction score
Hi, I have not yet received any notification from SMU regarding an interview or a rejection. Does it mean that I have no chance for any of the 3 courses I picked?
I picked:
1) Acct
2) Biz
3) Econs

Can you guys tell me what's my chances of getting an interview?

Graduated: TP Accounting & Finance
GPA: 3.56
L1R4: 11 RAW
L1R5: 14 RAW
*Could minus 2 after CCA points.
SAT Reasoning Test: 2020 (First Attempt)
*Taking my 2nd attempt in May, predicted score: 2200+ ~ 2300+

CCA:
Part of Accounting Interest Group committee
Took part in NTU Audit and Accounting Challenge
Took part in SMU Tax Competition and ended up in Top 12
Was CSM in NCC(Land) during my secondary school days

Other activities:
Established an online retail store with $5000. Earned $4000 in profit 4 months since its inception.

How do I appeal if I fail to get an interview?
If my appeal is successful, will I be granted an interview?
When can I start appealing? After i have been rejected, or?

Please tell me what are my chances!!!! Thank you!!! :)

Ur gpa very far from last year's 10th percentile leh

Dj_papa

Reaction score
guys... u guys got ur interview slot through phone calls or e-mail. i have been receiving numerous miss calls from several different parties today.unsure whether is from prospective school or just recuriting agency

bluephat

Reaction score
guys... u guys got ur interview slot through phone calls or e-mail. i have been receiving numerous miss calls from several different parties today.unsure whether is from prospective school or just recuriting agency

From my personal experience;

6808XXXX should be from SMU

I got my NUS interview via email; no phone call/SMS at all

Gowhek12

Reaction score

Only smu via phone call first but they will call u more than once if u miss the call. NUS and NTU via email.

Dj_papa

Reaction score
Only smu via phone call first but they will call u more than once if u miss the call. NUS and NTU via email.

can anyone pm me the number or post the starting 4-5 numbers so i can cross check with it?

Thannks man!!

Last edited:

shinca

Reaction score

I got my nus one through phone call. I think it depends on which school calls u for interview

HappyDino

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the appeal system in NTU works ?
I got an offered for a spot at NTU Computer Science, I will like to appeal to another course. Upon appeal must I accept my spot at Comp Science or can I just appeal without accepting ?
Heard that it's best to accept the placing. So, if *touchwood* your appeal does not work, you are still guaranteed a place in NTU.

ChangChingChong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which one will you all be going? And why arh? I'm not sure which to choose from(smu/nus/ntu). Did you all go for smu?

Confirmed my offer with NUS. NTU is too ulu for my liking and I hope to be in the same school as my elder brother... Also hope to study for a longer period of time~ Didn't go for SMU because the application was too troublesome=:p

blaze_im

Reaction score
Confirmed my offer with NUS. NTU is too ulu for my liking and I hope to be in the same school as my elder brother... Also hope to study for a longer period of time~ Didn't go for SMU because the application was too troublesome=:p

Hahaha true luh NTU location quite... I'm thinking about NUS too! but SMU also quite good leh.

bluephat

Reaction score
can anyone pm me the number or post the starting 4-5 numbers so i can cross check with it?

Thannks man!!

Interested to noe also, particularly for school of accountancy

The number starts with 6808XXXX

Have just confirmed with 2 other friends who were interviewed for Business and Econs :)

I believe all schools share a common line i.e. all calls are probably made by the office of undergraduation admissions

Last edited:

xhellogoodbyex

Reaction score
Hi Guys! My friend applied for NTU accountancy through NAA and he went for the interview on the 8th of April. He just received an email from NTU to submit his NAA documents. Anyone knows if it means high chance he can get in? Or it's just a standard procedure for all applicants? Rly interested to know! Thanks guys ;)

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys! My friend applied for NTU accountancy through NAA and he went for the interview on the 8th of April. He just received an email from NTU to submit his NAA documents. Anyone knows if it means high chance he can get in? Or it's just a standard procedure for all applicants? Rly interested to know! Thanks guys ;)

Sounds like high chance he can get in and they just want to verify he didnt lie about his achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.