NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

stressedout95

Reaction score
anyone who placed NTU/NUS/SMU econs as their first choice and gotten in? I would like to rate my chances for appeal, thanks!

alianagrande

Reaction score
hi, may I know what courses you applied for? Don't worry, its still the start of the month so there is still time for them to email you/ ring you up!!

Hi! I applied for all which have 70 RP cut off. Computer science, comp engg, chem and biological chem, mathematical sciences. I was told that I might have to appeal but I'm frankly saddened that I didn't make it even through DA :( SMU hasn't even gotten back to me either

AhPORK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! I applied for all which have 70 RP cut off. Computer science, comp engg, chem and biological chem, mathematical sciences. I was told that I might have to appeal but I'm frankly saddened that I didn't make it even through DA :( SMU hasn't even gotten back to me either
My junior with RP<70 has received an offer from MAS woh :s22:

What was the order for your choices?

Sent from my potato using GAGT

woof1234

Reaction score
Anyone went for nus discretionary admissions interview and got offered a place?

I got 72 rank points including mother tongue. i got called up for a discretionary admissions interview for NUS pfm mid april but got the offer during the 2nd last week of may. Hope that helps!

xyyyyyy999

Reaction score
soooooo i guess i'm not the only one who has yet to receive any offers yet....... T_T although it doesn't make me feel any better lol

reinerng

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've applied for Psychology at NTU the second time this year. My GPA is 3.70, L1R4 being 9 and I've failed to enter again. However, my friend who scored 3.69, having a L1R4 of 10, managed to enter.

Can I just ask those with experience, is A maths a priority here? Because that is the only thing that separates us. If so, is there any way or method I can appeal for this? Thanks!

Have faith

Reaction score
I went for smu interview on 21 April but the application status stated under review. Getting worry everyday.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've applied for Psychology at NTU the second time this year. My GPA is 3.70, L1R4 being 9 and I've failed to enter again. However, my friend who scored 3.69, having a L1R4 of 10, managed to enter.

Can I just ask those with experience, is A maths a priority here? Because that is the only thing that separates us. If so, is there any way or method I can appeal for this? Thanks!

According to the subject requirements for A-level students, they do require a good grade for H1 math:

http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/oad2/website_files/ALevel/Min_Subject_Requirements.pdf

So there is an emphasis on math. Not to mention psych itself has quite a lot of stats modules. Having no A-math means you will be at quite a disadvantage. If you have done stats modules in poly, you could appeal on those grounds.

Qosmix

Reaction score
Just realized that I can access the appeal page in SMU self service portal to make an appeal but my application still states that it is under review, does this mean that I am rejected but they did not change it yet? Can anyone confirm pls?

Last edited:

chickasaurus

Reaction score
Just realized that I can access the appeal page in SMU self service portal to make an appeal but my application still states that it is under review, does this mean that I am rejected but they did not change it yet? Can anyone confirm pls?

Hi there! I've been accepted into smu and i can also access the appeal page. I think the appeal page is now opened to everyone to make an appeal so I dont think u are rejected. If u are rejected most probably ur application will state that u are rejected instead of it is under review. All the best to u :)

Sophie8333

Reaction score
Hi there! I've been accepted into smu and i can also access the appeal page. I think the appeal page is now opened to everyone to make an appeal so I dont think u are rejected. If u are rejected most probably ur application will state that u are rejected instead of it is under review. All the best to u :)

I can also access the appeal page but I can't hand up my appeal letter because my application is still processing. And i have yet to get interview :(

fathernature

Reaction score
I can also access the appeal page but I can't hand up my appeal letter because my application is still processing. And i have yet to get interview :(

Hey... me too!

Appeals can be submitted by those whose application outcomes are known (offer or reject) . If your application is still pending, you may wish to wait for SMU to inform you of the outcome in writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.