NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

moocatmoo

Reaction score
No offers yet

I applied all the three local uni for business course.

Went for SMU (Feb) and NUS (April) interview.

Up till now, no offers yet. Mailed them and they said it's still processing.

Am I the only one without any offers yet? :s11:

kkssin

Reaction score
I applied all the three local uni for business course.

Went for SMU (Feb) and NUS (April) interview.

Up till now, no offers yet. Mailed them an
d they said it's still processing.

Am I the only one without any offers yet? :s11:

Nooo haha I went for three all processing too

Lottchan

Reaction score
Hello, anyone here who applied for WKWSCI And has been called for an interview under discretionary, already?

skystopper

Reaction score
Anyone who applied for nus architecture received their offers yet? The results supposed to be release this week (first week of may).
Thanks and hope those who applied get into the courses they chose.

mortred93

Reaction score
Applied nus nursing, went for interview in mid April. First week of May onwards suppose receive outcome but still stuck at processing also. Fretting about it everyday :(

marigoldhl

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone who applied for nus architecture received their offers yet? The results supposed to be release this week (first week of may).
Thanks and hope those who applied get into the courses they chose.

mine still "application processing"... :( i put architecture as first choice

slayerfin

Reaction score
Hi, from what I am aware of the quota for foreign students are capped at 18% in NTU. This means that instead of competing with the locals for the 82% vacancy, you will be competing with other foreigners for the 18% vacancy unless they changed the system. I'm not sure about NUS though

Does anyone know what is the quota for foreigners in NUS??

Qosmix

Reaction score
I get what you mean. The appeals faqs did state that only students who have been accepted or rejected can make an online appeal.

Just curious, is there anyone else who went for the interview and have their application status as still processing who is able to make an online appeal? Admissions office told me that there have been a few others who experienced this issue but that we are not rejected yet unless stated.

Bump post for answers pls

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is the quota for foreigners in NUS??

Hi, from what I am aware of the quota for foreign students are capped at 18% in NTU. This means that instead of competing with the locals for the 82% vacancy, you will be competing with other foreigners for the 18% vacancy unless they changed the system. I'm not sure about NUS though

The quota is at 18% for all local universities. Here is the parliamentary reply:

http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/parliam...international-students-local-universities.php

However, you have better chances if you are aiming for the less popular courses like Engineering. The more popular courses such as business will have much less foreigners. The most popular ones, medicine and law have less than 1% of foreigners.

Exlier

Reaction score
Same here :( almost 2 weeks. Does it usually take longer to process if the applicant had an English test aside from the interview?

You applied for SMU SIS? I am a poly applicant and didn't have to take English test.. So, I have no idea :( sorry..

Qosmix

Reaction score
Oh mannnnn, SIS didnt call me for any 2nd round of interview cuz I feel I didnt do too well for the interview but its been 2 weeks and nothing still !! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.